• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I listen to pretty much anything if I like it, whether it's country, classic rock, funk, classical music, dubstep, whatever. Don't listen to too much rap, when I do it's almost exclusively old school (talking Run DMC, Beastie Boys, 80's-early 90's LL Cool J, some Public Enemy, etc. - Dr. Dre is not old school in this dojo, unless you're a fan of NWA). Once in a while I'll hear some rap on the radio I like but it's not very often.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I really don't like most "modern rap". However kid cudi and childish gambino are two of the better rappers around. They talk about issues most people can relate to, and not just about fast cars, drugs, and women.

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I really don't like most "modern rap". However kid cudi and childish gambino are two of the better rappers around. They talk about issues most people can relate to, and not just about fast cars, drugs, and women.

I'll cosign this. It's almost like I know the OP here or something. Both of these guys speak on their shortcomings in relationships with those close to them and their fears in life. Definitely not the same stuff a lot of rappers would fess up to.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I listen to just about everything, including rap/hip-hop. In rotation currently on my Ipod is:
    Tech Nine
    BOB
    Chiddy Bang
    Childish Gambino
    Drake
    Excision
    Skrillex
    Flux Pavilion
    Mac Miller
    Odd Future
    Yelawolf
    RusKO
    Queen
    Neon Trees
    Florence and the Machine
    Bobby James

I also pick up mixtapes from Datpiff

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yeah, big fan here. Favorite track would have to be Fear not of Man. I also like Blackstar with Talib.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BEg38-bWY8

I was listening to Mos Def and Talib Kweli separately yesterday while waiting in between classes. I could hear someone else's music through their headphones. Kid looked 18/19...they were listening to LMFAO and looked like they were seriously enjoying it. I felt bad for their ears.

Top Bottom