• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I listen to some rap, some country, some rock, some metal, etc. If you went through my iPod, you would swear I was very confused.

Oh yeah and I have a moderately loud stereo (nothing like I had when I was single though)... And I do turn it up from time to time. I wish I still had my big system that set off car alarms...

-MColford

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I grew up listening to the Motown sound since I was in the womb. I never got into rap or hip hop.

But J Dilla changed my life. It wasn't hip hop and certainly wasn't rap. It his music was - is some of the most beautiful sounds to ever be recorded. Of course the good ones die way too young. Lupus at the age of 34.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXSPdWZPc0[/ame]

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    i usually just listen to the hiphop station on slacker radio. mixes some new with the old and you have the option to ban the crappy ones

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Nope, and this is not against you or anything, but when someone pulls up next to me playing their music really loud *mostly rap but not always* I will turn on a country station... It's fun to do.

Well then I'd be the guy next to you nodding my head as I'm blarin' away some country! ;-)

I'll say I've grown up in an era where rap wasn't a bad influence... so for that reason alone, I don't mind it.

Coming from someone who will go from Jason Aldean to Bruno Mars to Metallica and back to some Lynyrd Skynyrd...
    I truly have an appreciation for all forms of music entertainment; That doesn't mean I enjoy all of it. (And I refuse to only pick on rap here, there's some ludicrous rock, too).

I'm a nondenominational Christian with a pretty open mind and I've been exposed to "Christian music" in the form of metal, rap and blues...

My point? Generalizing a genre of music based off of what you see on TV doesn't classify it as BAD.

Jeff

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I still listen to a little from time to time, but none of this new crap! I can't stand anything recent.

I still listen to some old Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, Too Short, Biggie, Method Man, and Redman.

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    Depending on what I am doing... rap is good in the gym, classical for studying, country for grilling out, singer/song writer for road trips.... the list goes on.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    big krit is good i have not heard his new mixtape.

yeah i listen to lots of rap. i like 96.3 because its a mix of music, 92.3 is ok also.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Listen to rap in very small doses. Occasionally will just bust out some rap, get it out of my system, and then back to country, blues, christian, or sometimes pop.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just wondering if any members listen it hip hop/rap a good amount. If so what do you listen to?

I listen to about everything but really am not a fan of what they play on the radio like 96.3.

If you havent checked out Big KRIT, you should, he just put out a new mixtape and its pretty good.

I don't listen to much hip hop/rap produced today as most is auto tuned garbage (at least mainstream). I do listen to underground stuff and pre-auto tune. Big Krit is pretty good.

http://youtu.be/S5xi2bHROS8

I listen to a little bit. Used to listen to alot of Tupac and Scarface back in the early 90's. Not so much anymore. All the new stuff sounds the same to me these days. I do like to listen to haystak every once in a while.

I really like Haystak.

I mostly listen to punk (NOT sum41 kinda crap), outlaw country, rap, old blues and jazz, and some big band music.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You're not a fan of butt rock and hair bands are you? That along with boy bands, 90% of pop, emo, and Christmas music are the things nightmares are made of.

Yep, you pretty much summed it up. I'll listen to most anything. I can handle some rap. When it comes to country, Willy Nelson is about all I can handle. I'm not interested in chicks who think my tractor is sexy.

Top Bottom