• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I often listen to Linkin Park, Stabbing Westward and Three Days Grace. I don't care much for the few songs that have a lot of screaming in them but I like the majority of their music.

I was in my mid 40's before I started listening to metal on a regular basis. I bought my first Linkin Park CD, the Hybrid Theory about 4 years ago for the song In the End. I thought the rest of the CD sounded a little angry so I didn't listen to it a lot for the longest time. Got the CD out last fall and actually listened to it and looked up the lyrics to the songs. I've been hooked ever since. They have some awesome lyrics.

Looking up additional songs for LP has led me to Three Days Grace and Stabbing Westward. I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover the joys of metal.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm not sure if the heavier stuff I listen to is properly metal or just hard rock or alternative. You be the judge:

Linkin Park
    Metallica
    Rob/White Zombie
    Motley Crue
    Guns n Roses

...among others.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I often listen to Linkin Park, Stabbing Westward and Three Days Grace. I don't care much for the few songs that have a lot of screaming in them but I like the majority of their music.

I was in my mid 40's before I started listening to metal on a regular basis. I bought my first Linkin Park CD, the Hybrid Theory about 4 years ago for the song In the End. I thought the rest of the CD sounded a little angry so I didn't listen to it a lot for the longest time. Got the CD out last fall and actually listened to it and looked up the lyrics to the songs. I've been hooked ever since. They have some awesome lyrics.

Looking up additional songs for LP has led me to Three Days Grace and Stabbing Westward. I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover the joys of metal.

I am not real big on the screaming and/or growling either, but the band Scar Symmetry has me hooked. Try this out, give it 40 or 50 seconds for the melodic vocals to kick in..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mebSi4PDC34

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Occasionally.

Most often when I am in the mood or in the need to destroy something. Like when I am riding in a Convoy in Hostile Enemy Controlled Areas...

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Metallica
    Dream Theater
    Symphony X
    Shadows Fall
    Slipknot(mostly because of the percussion)
    Pantera
    RATM
    I pretty much like all music. Rap is not included as music, or any death metal where guys are kicking double bass as fast as they can to drop tuned guitars and some guy growling about who knows what.

I really appreciate any progressive music with REAL musicians.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Not bad

I am not real big on the screaming and/or growling either, but the band Scar Symmetry has me hooked. Try this out, give it 40 or 50 seconds for the melodic vocals to kick in..

Not bad. I need to listen to a few more of their songs to make a fair assessment of the group. I really liked the music but some of the chant like vocals distracted me. The lyrics weren't bad though. The lyrics are usually what makes or breaks it for me.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Not bad. I need to listen to a few more of their songs to make a fair assessment of the group. I really liked the music but some of the chant like vocals distracted me. The lyrics weren't bad though. The lyrics are usually what makes or breaks it for me.

Lyrics are kinda tough to judge on a band like them, since English isnt their first language, but they arent bad.

First time I heard them, I turned it off after the first few seconds because of the growls. Then someone encouraged me to listen to the whole song. I loved their sense of melody, harmony and heaviness all rolled into one.

Still can't believe the melodic vocals and the clean vocals are the same guy. He quit the band and they had to hire two guys to replace him, lol.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Not bad gungirl65, first ive heard of them....im a little behind the times these days.....i'll have to check them out a little more.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    This is a fun song. It always makes me smile when I think of certain people. It is truly an I hate you kind of song. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnOZDgBNtO0[/ame]

Top Bottom