• ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    "Visions of the Beast" tour..........

Motor Head, Dio and the headliner, 'Maiden ......a great show and time :).

I'm still a Maiden fan, 32 yrs strong.

Like some Machine Head, saw them on The Blackening with LOG, Gojira and Trivium. Ashes/Blackening I like.......the older and newer stuff not so much.

Most of what I spin nowadays is Maiden (Di Anno or Dickenson era), Type O Negative (stay forever negative!) or.............don't laugh, TBM (The Birthday Massacre)..........a synth techno alt goth band. I like their older stuff quite a bit.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Somebody mentioned Lacuna Coil............

I think Christina Scabia from Lacuna Coil is super hot.........can sing OK (not as good as Amy Lee), and I like their music.

My favorite album of theirs is Comalies.

FWIW I detest Def Leppard, Warrant, Ratt and all that other big hair safe for women pop-ish stuff. I call it "pot metal", not in any reference to stoners (no disrespect meant toward the Cheetos bandits)..................more like a Chinese zinc casting...........poor quality.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    a few more...

Accept
    Headpins
    Krokus
    Ozzy--- with Randy Rhoads
    Scorpions
    skid row

Damm, wish I never would have thrown away my old LP's. There's many more hire bands from back then...

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    dokken,
    KCth_2fc2c5a5.gif
    lynch mob

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ha, I just pitched some Maiden LP's today cleaning up the garage.
    Never played them they were from Belgium (and were in super good shape, but the jackets started to show a little wear at the corners due to moves/storage). Got tired of tripping over them so said screw it.

I just used them for decorations in my music area (when I had one).
    Eh, I like my big Bloody Kisses poster waaaaaaaay better.

My oldest did the Eddie from Brave New World in pastel that was pretty good, so I framed that.

But what I really want is......a wall set of 3, a big Hammer Gear for Type O, an Eddie Smiley face and the TBM bunny, all circular logos..........about 18-24 inches (each logo) in a rectangle frame- all black backgrounds.

Need to find a graphics place that can do that for me.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    that's why I said I was a little different on Metallica.. :)

I like the Black album, but I understand why die hard fans don't. Don't get me started on Load, reLoad, St Anger, and *shudder* LuLu :n00b:

black wasnt horrible and of course bands are going to change over the years. but after that......

havent heard lulu..... but st anger sucked bad

jake

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I like the old metal but SlipKnot, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Bullet for my Valentine, Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack, among others get my heart pumping especially when at the gym:rockwoot:

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Been a headbanger for 30 years. At age 47 I still like for my ears to bleed every now and then. Not a well known band and they never made it big, but a very popular bar band in the late 80's and mid 90's from Louisville KY was Buster Brown that I saw countless times at many watering holes in the tri-state area, but my favorite was when they played at Kramers Lake in Evansville on Sunday evenings. The Monday work day always sucked.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    ever heard him with mad season...before they were alice in chains?

Oh yea, i could put that in and close my eyes, kick back and listen to that all the way through.

They only had the one CD right? (Above)

The new AIC does have some pretty good songs, but no one could sing like Layne.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    quiet riot, faith no more, pantera,dio,...
    git.gif

Love, love, love FNM. Unique sound.

anyone in indy remember the original x103? or 107.1 the edge?
    emo-guitar4.gif
    Headbang_Emoticon_by_d3monthesicko.gif
    It was a gift from God this this chick.

Like back when Cliff was still alive.:rockwoot:

Dude, you'd have to go back to Master to have Cliff.

I think the Load (Outlaw Torn and Bleeding Me) and Reload (Unforgiven 2 is way better than Unforgiven on the Black album) albums have some awesome songs even if I don't like them as well as others. I don't like Kill 'em All or Ride the Lightening as well as I like them. There was no depth to Metaliica's first albums, just a bunch of guitar grinding and screaming lyrics. Their talent didn't really come out to play until Master. As a collective anyway.

Not in the same kind of metal class as those mentioned, but Candlebox had some good stuff in their first album. And there's a band I saw in high school called Mother Station that absolutely rocked. I also like Soundgarden because Chris Cornell has the best damn set of lungs. CoC too, when it didn't sound like a bunch of screaming. (Don't know why that's appealing to anyone either?)

I am inspired to dig through my old CD collection today now.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Been a headbanger for 30 years. At age 47 I still like for my ears to bleed every now and then. Not a well known band and they never made it big, but a very popular bar band in the late 80's and mid 90's from Louisville KY was Buster Brown that I saw countless times at many watering holes in the tri-state area, but my favorite was when they played at Kramers Lake in Evansville on Sunday evenings. The Monday work day always sucked.

I remember Buster Brown! They played Indy too. Did you know that several of the members went on to form the band Kingdom Come?

Top Bottom