• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good. They won't have to limit it to run on older consoles.

Even newer consoles limit PC games. It's up to the developer to do the right thing and not scale a game back.

We saw this with Witcher 3 to some extent (they later patched the PC release to have the full gamut of graphics options). Ubisoft is notorious for this.

GTA V was an excellent example of how to do it right. Yeah, it took 2 years... but the PC release was a PC release. It was far superior to either of the console versions.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's the footage of the even and loads of gameplay video. Looks fantastic!

[video=youtube_share;ju01QbTNIGg]http://youtu.be/ju01QbTNIGg?list=PLsiJPoHlPqEFgVeyQCF8zxrFhcA-iz4l5[/video]

[video=youtube_share;o2CCmkm0s9o]http://youtu.be/o2CCmkm0s9o[/video]

[video=youtube_share;xk-F_LUY4M4]http://youtu.be/xk-F_LUY4M4?list=PLsiJPoHlPqEFgVeyQCF8zxrFhcA-iz4l5[/video]

More here:

Our First Real Look At Fallout 4

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And some non-Gawker links

Bethesda E3 2015 - Fallout 4 - TechRaptor

Fallout 4 First Details | E3 2015 | The Escapist

Fallout 4 Offers Players A Real-Life Pip-Boy, And Fallout Shelter Hits iOS | TechCrunch

E3 2015: Fallout 4 Introduces New Crafting System - IGN

Graphically, it's not looking bad. Will have to see how far the new engine can go. The animations leave a lot to be desired.

I like the slow-motion VATS system now, as opposed to freezing time.

The conversation-wheel is an interesting touch, a la Mass Effect. I suppose this Fallout will be much more narrative-driven than previous titles (what with the voiced protagonists now).

This game should have an incredible replay value once modders get ahold of it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Some more footage of Fallout 4 from the Xbox announcements. Looking better and better.

[video]http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8783235/minutes-of-fallout-4-footage-shows-deathclaw-battle#ooid=MyNnludTokedw6C2EMLX-H0ddL2i_Pud[/video]

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It would appear that they have merged their world (Vault-Tec) with Morrow Project.

Morrow Project was an RPG from that mid 80's(?) where you played characters designed to come out of cryosleep 20 years post apocalypse. Instead there was a computer error and you came out 200 years later, to a world much more decayed than you were expecting.

For what it's worth I have enjoyed Fallout New Vegas more than Fallout 3. I didn't like the idea of not knowing my past but I did like the idea of being born into the world instead of emerging from a vault.

If I can get my computer geek buddy to get over here and see what is interfering with Steam and Nexus Mods I'll order through Steam.

Doug

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you missed out on the Pip-Boy Edition pre-order, this guy has the right idea.

pp0D1sl.png

Top Bottom