• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just showed the wife that trailer. She said we have to buy a new generation console so we can play it :D hot nerd wives are the best :rockwoot:

Yeah, I know the feeling. I had to go out Thanksgiving day to get an Xbox One. Even I couldn't pass up the deal that Fry's had going on it. Over $100 off and free games. They still have some good weekly deals on the new consoles if you sign up for their email lists and get promo codes with them. I get 1 email a day listing their 1 day deals and a promo code. Nice way to save some green on their stuff.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've loved this series ever since I played the very first one!

It has combined my love of post-holocaust with an RPG style of game, all except for Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

I will most certainly be preordering this very soon.

You can get some really good mods at Nexus Mods, a UK group.

Thanks for the good news!

Doug

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Here's a nerds eye view of the trailer. Picked apart by the gamers at Kotaku.

All The Juicy Details Hidden In The Fallout 4 Trailer

Pretty interesting stuff. Its amazing how they cram so many details into a trailer. So much anticipation! The one thing that stood out to me was how colorful it is. The game is going to be gorgeous (if nuclear wasteland can be gorgeous lol). I also like the flashbacks to the pre-war era. I have a feeling it will be incorporated into the gameplay.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Quick word about this. I actually never played the Fallout series, but have good friends who did. One of them is now a developer with a different company. He had an ArmA mod where you could play as a dog. It was REALLY cool. He had a system where people/vehicles left certain colored "smells" that were like puffs of smoke. You could only see them if you played as the dog.

In testing, you could trail someone really well for quite awhile.

I just bring that up to say that the gameplay as a dog could be genius.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    Just showed the wife that trailer. She said we have to buy a new generation console so we can play it hot nerd wives are the best
    Forget buying a cruddy old console. Those are for kids. This is your excuse to get a BA gaming PC.
    339595_2985735654131_1575240347_o.jpg

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Can't wait. Just debating what console to preorder for. I have both new gens but know in the past it ran smoother on Xbox. Hoping they announce a release window soon. All place holders are 12/31 that I've seen.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    ...I just bring that up to say that the gameplay as a dog could be genius.

Yes it would be! Mods are incredible, one of the reasons I play on PC now.

Forget buying a cruddy old console. Those are for kids. This is your excuse to get a BA gaming PC.
    View attachment 38938

Is that your setup? Pretty sweet.

I just looked at Amazon. They are saying the release date is 31 Dec 15!!! This is 210 days people!!!:rockwoot:

Time to start my Christmas list :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    View attachment 38938

Someone explain the cpu thing to me. It's never really got my attention. I like controllers too much, and sitting on my couch reclining plating on a 50 inch TV vs sitting at a desk looking at a computer monitor.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Someone explain the cpu thing to me. It's never really got my attention. I like controllers too much, and sitting on my couch reclining plating on a 50 inch TV vs sitting at a desk looking at a computer monitor.

haha

The high end gaming rigs, with multiple monitors and specialized controllers are much close to virtual reality.

I'm not sure it is worth it for RPG style games, but for flight/tank sims, it can reach the level of military trainers.

The benefit side of the analysis is the ability to max out the things that are important to you while sacrificing things that may not be. Want more speed? Lower the level of detail/rendering/visual stuff. Want more visual detail, max out those settings. Want both? Get a better motherboard/video card(s).

Also, when dealing with AI/NPCs, there was some very cool stuff being done with offloading logic to videocards (nVidia specifically, IIRC). I haven't actually been in that world for several years, but it can truly be a different experience when playing on a PC.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green

I'll save all the performance and graphics crap, but you can actually use controllers from recent consoles on the PC. Most PC games nowadays support them. For first person shooters, I'm just more comfortable with a xbox 360 controller, so thats what I use. And of course if your PC and TV are HMDI compatible, you can plug it in and plop down on the couch. So you can achieve the same comfort but with better performance and graphics (depending on your setup). And of course modding. Once you've beaten the crap out of the game and want more out of it, there's a huge world of mods out there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Once you've beaten the crap out of the game and want more out of it, there's a huge world of mods out there.

This. But there should be a warning label on games that allow modding. That **** is addictive. Not just playing the mods, but making them. :)

Top Bottom