• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I played Varsity Basketball in HS all 4 years and Bowled, we went to tourny all 4 yrs I played. Only reall personal accolade I had was I was able to dunk when I was a sophomore. Now I just bowl an have a bunch of awards for that

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I have seen Scutter and he doesn't look that tough to me. :dunno:

You don't need to look tough to use leverage, pain, and intelligent application of strength and speed. At least, that was the impression I was given by my instructors way back when.

My 5 bucks still stands on Scutter :rockwoot:

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    A lot of my athletic skills are in the past now. Used to do a lot of running. Held the mile record for the college I went to. Before all USA track was in metric. Played soccer. After that ran 5k and 10k races. SCUBA diver.

Now with knees and hips that are wearing out I had to give up a lot of that.
    Just got a new road bike this week. Have been using the mountain bike to train for some 100 mile (50/day)weekend rides. One on Michigan in Sept and Hilly Hundred in October. I don't think I will be the only rider over 60 in either of those.

Part of the reason for the serious training now is to get rid of the 3 to 4 lbs/year that I have gained in the last 10 years. Need to get back in better condition. No riding at least 10 miles a day with several 30 to 40 miles days each week. The hills on the rides I mentioned will be the most difficult part.

Now for some INGO help.
    Which jersey should I wear for the Hilly Hundred....or maybe one on saturday and the other sunday.

wjtread.gif
    wjuscon.gif

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    There is a gym I used to intern at that is having a police vs fire crossfit challenge for any one from any department in the state. Church of Iron. They are located on the NE side of Indianapolis.

I play indoor/outdoor soccer and will be participating at the World Police and Fire Games in Aug at NYC. I also CrossFit and trust me, that is a sport. The CrossFit games are going on this weekend in CA but I'm not as good as those guys. I can Deadlift over 500lbs ;) though.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Basketball and football in High School... Played football in college. Defensive end then switched to defensive tackle and also long/short snapper.

3 pancakes in one game while on kick off return*, 2 big hits*,2 sacks, fumble recovery, 3 consecutive tackles for loss, getting a win at the NFL Hall of Fame stadium, 3 defensive shut outs, 2 team shut outs, 10 win season, while unranked beating the #8 team in the nation 45-12, making the NAIA playoffs (1 of 16 teams), winning first ever playoff game, over 1,100 lbs. in BIG 3 LIFTS (bench, squat, clean)

* Denotes non official stat,
    not each mentioned happened in the same game just highlights

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Men's competitive softball. 5-5 batting, 10RBI's, 5 runs scored.

Sorry that's all I got
    You've got more than me. I've never been interested in team sports, even in grade school I didn't like them. I can honestly say that I don't even know the rules to basketball or football (baseball is so easy that i've picked up the rules to that).

That being said, I've always been interested in adventure racing, but have never participated or gotten "off the couch" to go do it. I have, however, signed up for the Tough Mudder Indiana this November ( Which I realize is not an adventure race, but it's as good of a place to start as any) to get me motivated to get in shape (plus they support the Wounded Warrior Project, which is one of the VERY few charities that I am very interested in).

I've started running and working out, neither of which I really know anything about. Already made the mistake of running too hard right away and causing a few over use injuries, but I always seem to have to learn the hard way. Oh, and I started mountain biking again. I'm not sure why I ever stopped doing that as it is quite fun.

I'm no athlete so I don't know why I'm replying to this thread. :laugh:

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You've got more than me. I've never been interested in team sports, even in grade school I didn't like them. I can honestly say that I don't even know the rules to basketball or football (baseball is so easy that i've picked up the rules to that).

That being said, I've always been interested in adventure racing, but have never participated or gotten "off the couch" to go do it. I have, however, signed up for the Tough Mudder Indiana this November ( Which I realize is not an adventure race, but it's as good of a place to start as any) to get me motivated to get in shape (plus they support the Wounded Warrior Project, which is one of the VERY few charities that I am very interested in).

I've started running and working out, neither of which I really know anything about. Already made the mistake of running too hard right away and causing a few over use injuries, but I always seem to have to learn the hard way. Oh, and I started mountain biking again. I'm not sure why I ever stopped doing that as it is quite fun.

I'm no athlete so I don't know why I'm replying to this thread. :laugh:

Is the tough mudder race the obstacle course/race designed by the british SAS or something like that? my brother said he signed up for something built by retired SAS members. it is supposed to take place in november

Top Bottom