• ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I am jack of all sports.

The best I ever ran a 5k cross country was 21:17. Couldn't even see 1st place cross the line I was so far behind.

I wrestled from middle school to college and never won a tournament, but came in second a couple of times at invitationals. Never made it past sectionals.

I pole vaulted in HS, but never made it past sectionals. I think my best vault was only about 10' 6".

I got a couple of trophies weight lifting, but it wasn't anything to write home about.

I also like playing football, basketball, baseball, softball, golf, volleyball, and do it just well enough to keep from embarassing myself.

If I did anything other than sit on my ass all day in front of a computer, I'd probably do a little better.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    In a earlier life I was a marathon canoe racer. competed in national championship. Raced with and against Olympic gold medal winner as well as other Olympians. My skill level was not on par with theirs however. Try paddling a racing canoe 30 miles at about 70 strokes per minute. My class was C 2 and C 1 and my favorite was c 4. Always seemed to rule when you put 4 men in a 2 man racing boat and paddle a mile or two flat out. Dabbled a little in Olympic style C 1 and K 1 but it took me nearly a year to learn to keep the C1 upright.
    MarathonCanoeRace.jpg
    944789990_Tfsfv-L.jpg
    Not me but just an example of the boats

Here is an Olympic C 1

C1_Flat_Andreas.jpg

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Very cool. I am slightly familiar with some of the Okinawan. As far as Kung Fu, the WuShu isn't much more than watered down pretty acrobatics - the government took most of the "fight" out. Hubby teaches Shaolin, Wing Chun, and Tai Chi Chun. I've been trying to learn some of the animal forms, with little success.

Thanks for sharing!

That's very cool! I tried a little Wing Chun (as well as Kung Fu). They're both exhausting. :):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I play indoor/outdoor soccer and will be participating at the World Police and Fire Games in Aug at NYC. I also CrossFit and trust me, that is a sport. The CrossFit games are going on this weekend in CA but I'm not as good as those guys. I can Deadlift over 500lbs ;) though.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I would list my awards from martinsville junior football league and all-star baseball teams but there just too tough to beat;)

High school awards are sophomore 2004 football varsity letter. 1/3 sophomores to receive one. junior 2005 all conference defensive tackle. senior 2006 team captain award. also in 2006 i received the National Football Foundation Terry Cole award for Courage at the colts convention center in indy.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    I don't really play any sports, but I'd consider myself quite strong for my size (155 lbs)

Raw deadlift: 2 @ 385
    Pullups: 2 @ bodyweight + 125
    Dips: 2 @ bodyweight + 125

I run too, but I'm awful at long distance. My best is 19:51 for 3 mi.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I played baseball in high school. Made all state, and I think I still have the state record for home runs in a career, but its been a long time and it might have been beat by now.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    When I studied Taekwondo, I made it to First Degree Black Belt. I used to break 2" thick patio bricks. The most I was able to break was 7 total. Wish I was still doing it today.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Kung Fu is definitely not flamboyant.

I compete in and teach Mongolian Shuai Jiao as well as Chinese Kickboxing a.k.a. Lei Tai/San Da. As far as sport achievement goes, I played Tennis at #1 singles in high school and high jump on the track team and for a short period of time held an indoor record of 6'6.5" which was broken the next day of competition. I was a sectional runner-up, and regional runner-up with jumps of 6'8" and 6'8.5" before being suspended from the team for a dispute with my golf coach. 2 sported Golf and Track senior year.

Since high school I had no desire to compete as I'd done it my entire life, so I only do what's necessary for my martial art. I'd someday like to do an adventure run and maybe a triathlon.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I use to play baseball, wrestle, and play football. None of that stuff really makes you an athlete though. I use to really enjoy powerlifting. Use to deadlift over 500lbs, squat 300lbs (100 times without re-racking), bench was always weak because of an injury.

My being an athlete really comes through with my 150-0-1 in bar fights (the 1 came from police stoppage). Many of those fights I was able to keep a drink in one hand and most of them had taken place after several gallons of beer, a couple doubles of tanqueray and cranberry, and 5-6 double liquid cocaines.

When I get insurance, I want to take up BJJ and get back to working on boxing. I want to this so I can compete, not just to "practice".

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I studied Wang Chung, but that was back in the 80s when everybody was.

I fought a Wang Chung guy once. Everybody had fun, across the nation and around the world. It was a celebration, so spread the word.

Top Bottom