• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Read about Dan Savage. He is an advocate of the radical homosexual agenda. He hates Christians. He hates the right. This little display was not out of character for him. Whoever invited him had to know what they were getting. He does vary a bit from the typical left winger in that he supports wars against Muslim countries, I assume due to their stance on homosexuals.
    Dan Savage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Wait, so people are going to tell me that the bible isn't used as justification to discriminate against gays?

Sounds like christians are in a tizzy after being told the truth.

Wine Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    It doesn't matter that Savage is gay. It doesn't matter that the teens are Christian. It doesn't matter if you're left or right. What matters is that is one human being degrading and devaluing the personal beliefs of other human beings.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Finally, it is amazing that supposed conservatives are using the word "bully" in this scenario. It is quite entertaining what passes as bullying now days. Apparently it now is listening to a man speak, with the ability to get up and leave at anytime for any reason. Amazing.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Finally, it is amazing that supposed conservatives are using the word "bully" in this scenario. It is quite entertaining what passes as bullying now days. Apparently it now is listening to a man speak, with the ability to get up and leave at anytime for any reason. Amazing.

Hey, haven't you heard? Anytime you express your opinion to one with whom you disagree it is bullying! We need more laws to get this bullying under control!

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO

According to the general media definition of bullying, this guy's actions fit the bill. I think it's mostly a load of crap though. Bullying builds character.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    According to the general media definition of bullying, this guy's actions fit the bill. I think it's mostly a load of crap though. Bullying builds character.

Bullying doesn't build character, however, having your positions challenged certainly does. I would propose that these young adults are awful journalists. Instead of listening intently, taking notes and either writing a report or an editorial, they walked out after they were offended. Journalism probably isn't in the cards for the professionally offended.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Bullying doesn't build character, however, having your positions challenged certainly does. I would propose that these young adults are awful journalists. Instead of listening intently, taking notes and either writing a report or an editorial, they walked out after they were offended. Journalism probably isn't in the cards for the professionally offended.

Actually using your analysis, they would fit right in, just offended on the othe end of the spectrum from current journalist.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Actually using your analysis, they would fit right in, just offended on the othe end of the spectrum from current journalist.

I had actual journalists, essayists, artful editorialists in mind when I wrote the above post. What I didn't have in mind is your modern day journalists staffed at cable news networks or many news agencies. In that sense, you are correct as it seems many bloggers and cable news agencies strive to see who can be the most offended by something the other political party says or does. These young adults would appear to fit right in at Fox News or MSNBC split screen scream parties.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Wait, so people are going to tell me that the bible isn't used as justification to discriminate against gays?

Sounds like christians are in a tizzy after being told the truth.

So disagreeing with the currently PC idea that homosexuality is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle is bullying now? What happened to Freedom of Expression?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

From what I read, this event was not billed as an occasion to discuss how people have used Christianity as an excuse to persecute those they disagree with over the years. Ive never heard if this guy before this article and therefore woukd not have expected the bigotry the spewed out of his mouth. I'd wager those people that walked out didn't expect it either. (I'm judging by the comment about the itinerary).

Had this religion-bashing subject matter been advertised and they knew what would be coming their way, then you would have a point.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Actually, I learned when I was still in Grade School that bullying stops when you stand up to those trying to bully you. It only took three fights in one day for the bullies in my neighborhood to stop picking on me.

We taught our son to stand up for himself and to not let others bully him physically, mentally, or emotionally, and to not put up with bullying in others. If more parents taught their children those values, we could put this particular issue to bed.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So disagreeing with the currently PC idea that homosexuality is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle is bullying now? What happened to Freedom of Expression?

This is exactly what the speaker was pointing out if I am understanding correctly. Using bronze age texts as justification for your bullying is wrong and morally bankrupt. It is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle. Just as attending Appleseed shoots is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle. This point isn't being argued. You can express your views all you want, again, a point that isn't being disputed.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    From what I read, this event was not billed as an occasion to discuss how people have used Christianity as an excuse to persecute those they disagree with over the years. Ive never heard if this guy before this article and therefore woukd not have expected the bigotry the spewed out of his mouth. I'd wager those people that walked out didn't expect it either. (I'm judging by the comment about the itinerary).

Had this religion-bashing subject matter been advertised and they knew what would be coming their way, then you would have a point.

It was a small segment of a lengthy presentation. Note the portion where he said he was done with the portion about how the bible contributes to the bullying of homosexuals and it was safe for the professionally offended to return and listen to the remainder of the speech.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is exactly what the speaker was pointing out if I am understanding correctly. Using bronze age texts as justification for your bullying is wrong and morally bankrupt. It is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle. Just as attending Appleseed shoots is a perfectly acceptable lifestyle. This point isn't being argued. You can express your views all you want, again, a point that isn't being disputed.

I think you read a different article than I did.

Top Bottom