• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Just read this. Another prime example of the tolerant left and clear indictment of those evil right-wing Christians. How dare they walk out on that speech. Unbelievable. Make your point about the dangers of bullying by bullying those with whom you have differences of opinion regarding homosexuallity. Classic PC liberal mindset.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just read this. Another prime example of the tolerant left and clear indictment of those evil right-wing Christians. How dare they walk out on that speech. Unbelievable. Make your point about the dangers of bullying by bullying those with whom you have differences of opinion regarding homosexuallity. Classic PC liberal mindset.

Perfect! You summed it up most thoroughly!

It really does demonstrate that the left does not have a problem with the behavior, but rather with the recipient in some instances. It works much the same way as the left refusing to have an honest discussion about anything but rather ridiculing and making personal attacks until the sheeple won't take the messenger seriously.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This isn't even about right or left wing. Every person of that particular faith should consider it an honor to be ridiculed for their faith. I didn't read where the children were right wing Christians! I wish people would cease putting people in their political corners for the sake of their political agendas. My faith is not owned by any political party!

What is in that man was simply demonstrated by his actions, just like any of us. He was wrong and should be called out for it, but I refuse to politicize this just because the media wants to.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    This isn't even about right or left wing. Every person of that particular faith should consider it an honor to be ridiculed for their faith. I didn't read where the children were right wing Christians! I wish people would cease putting people in their political corners for the sake of their political agendas. My faith is not owned by any political party!

What is in that man was simply demonstrated by his actions, just like any of us. He was wrong and should be called out for it, but I refuse to politicize this just because the media wants to.

My comments were not an attempt to assign political ideology to christian believers. They were simply demonstrating how the left views those that believe sexual deviancy is immoral.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

This. Nine times out of ten, political affiliation is irrelevant to posts on INGO. The issue is not the party involved, but the mindset people manifest. I don't see that political affiliation matters, if people are true to the Constitution. Both parties have feet of clay on various issues. Neither deserves a pass.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Well, bullying someone because of their sexual orientation or birth control decisions is out of line - period.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if the way he decided to tackle the issue was both hypocritical and childish - so he likely did more harm than good in his poor attempt to express that point.

Just because it is in poor taste to bully individuals for their decisions regarding contraceptives, does not make it right to bully people for their religious beliefs. Neither course of action is tolerable, and he should be called out for his poor judgement - especially since he is doing it in the name of "anti-bully advocacy".

Treating another individual poorly because of their choice to use contraception is wrong - it does not matter if they choose to, or choose not to based on religious beliefs.

Ignorance - is it not astonishing?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy asses.”

People have the right to speak, but they don't have the right to be listened to. It would appear this guy is a bully-wanna-be. Hardly the example I'd want to represent such an effort.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In a society free in truth as well as rhetoric it is necessary that everyone be free. This means that it defaults to the idea that everyone has a right to be wrong. They do not, however, have a right for me to congratulate them for being wrong or for me to participate, aid, or otherwise support their wrongness. Likewise, I am entitled to no vocal or material support from them. The problem is that few of those screaming for freedom wish to afford it to others.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I suspect Mr. Dan Savage would have no problem coopting the church to push a "social and economic justice" agenda.

I'm still looking for the references where Jesus advocated using the power of the state to redistribute wealth, to pick winners and losers, to control others and to provide healthcare.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I suspect Mr. Dan Savage would have no problem coopting the church to push a "social and economic justice" agenda.

I'm still looking for the references where Jesus advocated using the power of the state to redistribute wealth, pick winners and losers, and control others.
    Well, he did say to 'Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.' But not that the Church should be an agent of implementing Caesar's policies. Or that the Church and State should be one and the same.

Now would this be separation of Church and State? :dunno:

But I digress. That's another discussion for another rainy day...

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Well, he did say to 'render unto Caesar.' But not that the Church should be an agent of implementing Caesar's policies. Or that the Church and State should be one and the same.

Now would this be separation of Church and State? :dunno:

Indeed, I cannot find where he advocated for a state church either.

You are correct though... we should not hijack the thread.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I'm still looking for the references where Jesus advocated using the power of the state to redistribute wealth, to pick winners and losers, to control others and to provide healthcare.

Just because you won't find that doesn't give us the rot to use faith as a political weapon or or instrument to push political agendas. Stand for righteousness for the sake of righteousness,not the right or the left.

The guy was wrong and if he's against bullying, he should not have bullied those children. I have read where children kill themselves because of bullies and it's a problem that needs to be addressed, but not by the legislative section. Morality cannot be forced through legislation. Than man needs to public ally apologize for what he did to those children.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Just because you won't find that doesn't give us the rot to use faith as a political weapon or or instrument to push political agendas. Stand for righteousness for the sake of righteousness,not the right or the left.

The guy was wrong and if he's against bullying, he should not have bullied those children. I have read where children kill themselves because of bullies and it's a problem that needs to be addressed, but not by the legislative section. Morality cannot be forced through legislation. Than man needs to public ally apologize for what he did to those children.

Agreed.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This. Nine times out of ten, political affiliation is irrelevant to posts on INGO. The issue is not the party involved, but the mindset people manifest. I don't see that political affiliation matters, if people are true to the Constitution. Both parties have feet of clay on various issues. Neither deserves a pass.

Well, "right" and "left" are not political "parties" or "affiliations.' They may be political orientations but are rather vague areas along a political spectrum. For that matter, there are more political parties than is encompassed by the word "both."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

If he truly had remorse, really thought he was wrong, he should appologize, and then resign. (I'll bet he does neither).

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The guy was wrong and if he's against bullying, he should not have bullied those children. I have read where children kill themselves because of bullies and it's a problem that needs to be addressed, but not by the legislative section.

Obviously, it's not about "bullying." It's about turning the tables on whatever groups he has felt wronged him in the past and inflicting punishment on them. The guy's a dangerous fraud.

Top Bottom