• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Oh we're in a different class, I was thinking pounds.

In your case you have to go grams or chews on edibles
    Lbs in what time frame? I do know a guy or two that was going through a pound a month, but he was the exception, not the rule.

And edibles back then were rare, the occasional pot brownie might come along but not often.
    View attachment 212212

I'm assuming the entire thread is meant to be purple right?
    While it might be scary to some, not really. My comments on killing people, yes. But for the most part. no.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yep, he bought a 1/2 lb every week and sold a 1/4 and used the rest. The other guy had a grow room in his basement and I honestly have no idea just how much they were using. They were at the extreme end of the spectrum. For myself at the time a pound in a year would be pushing it. For the guy in the first case, his Dr. signed off on him getting a LTCH.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    For coterminous
    Per Websters
    1 : having the same or coincident (see coincident sense 2) boundaries a voting district coterminous with the city
    2: coextensive in scope or duration
    … an experience of life coterminous with the years of his father.
    And 'coextensive' means what, again?

co·ex·ten·sive
    adjective

extending over the same space or time; corresponding exactly in extent.

Definition from Oxford Languages, the online version of the OED

You have certainly shown me the error of my ways, doctor!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

co·ex·ten·sive
    adjective

iu

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yep, he bought a 1/2 lb every week and sold a 1/4 and used the rest. The other guy had a grow room in his basement and I honestly have no idea just how much they were using. They were at the extreme end of the spectrum. For myself at the time a pound in a year would be pushing it. For the guy in the first case, his Dr. signed off on him getting a LTCH.
    I had no idea that was a thing.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

co·ex·ten·sive
    adjective

Yep, still doesn't meet the way you used the word. Notice the part you didn't color "corresponding exactly in extent". Once again you failed to answer if it was the word of the day on your calendar.

Holy cow... that's a lot even by "back in the day" standards. :):
    Yes it was, like I said exception not the rule. And I'm pretty sure he didn't kill anyone. He did hurt one person seriously, but it was self defense. They were never charged, and the person hit them repeatedly before they struck back. They even warned the person after each blow not to continue. They did and the person responded. IIRC they punched them once or twice and fractured their skull.
    I had no idea that was a thing.
    There is a question on the LTCH app about if you have been diagnosed with a mental illness or something like that. If you answer that as a yes they want a letter from your therapist.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep, still doesn't meet the way you used the word. Notice the part you didn't color "corresponding exactly in extent"
    The two phrases are separated by a semi-colon. Are you arguing that that functions as the equivalent of an 'and' and both phrases must be true?
    Once again you failed to answer if it was the word of the day on your calendar.
    I am under no obligation to answer a query that is retarded (for jamil), vacuous and begs the question

Edit: For the frustrated English teacher that apparently lives inside you, I chose 'query' in the above sentence for stylistic reasons. A competent editor would flag 'question that begs the question' on exactly those grounds

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And while we're on the subject of not addressing questions, still haven't seen my question about whether selective breeding for high potency might not also alter chemistry elsewhere in the mj plant and be a possible route to a concomitant (;)) increase in destabilizing effects for vulnerable users

From the wiki synopsis

(-)-Trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabiphorol (Δ9-THCP, (C7)-Δ9-THC, and THC-Heptyl), is a potent phytocannabinoid, a CB1 and CB2 agonist which was known as a synthetic homologue of THC, but for the first time in 2019 was isolated as a natural product in trace amounts from Cannabis sativa. It is structurally similar to Δ9-THC, the main active component of cannabis, but with the pentyl side chain extended to heptyl. Since it has a longer side chain, its cannabinoid effects are "far higher than Δ9-THC itself." It is said to have at least 30 times higher affinity to cannabinoid receptors than THC. The binding activity of Delta-9-THCP against human CB1 receptor in vitro is Ki = 1.2 nM. and the binding activity of Delta-8-THCP against human CB1 receptor in vitro is Ki = 22 nM.

According to the researchers who discovered it, THCP interacts with the endocannabinoid system similarly to THC but with a far greater affinity for cannabinoid receptors. The research found that THCP binds to CB1 receptors up to 33 times more often than traditional THC, which means THCP is potentially up to 33x as potent as THC.

THCP is unique because of its longer alkyl side chains: the string of carbon atoms is much longer than traditional THC (seven carbons vs. five carbons). This makes the cannabinoid attach more securely to receptors throughout the body.

So. A considerably more potent, longer duration intoxication effect. Seems like that could have some relevance to pushing unstable habitual users into psychosis

But, hey - it's been used by humans for centuries
    and it's not like those ancients were killing each other indiscriminately

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's amazing the human race has survived this 5000+ year deadly scourge of cannabis. Even more so when you consider how many people across the world cultivate it and utilize it daily. I especially don't understand how the 37 of 50 states which don't hate their citizens and allow people to benefit from medical cannabis have managed to avoid complete collapse and blood running in the streets.

At least Indiana will survive till the end.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The two phrases are separated by a semi-colon. Are you arguing that that functions as the equivalent of an 'and' and both phrases must be true?

I am under no obligation to answer a query that is retarded (for jamil), vacuous and begs the question

Edit: For the frustrated English teacher that apparently lives inside you, I chose 'query' in the above sentence for stylistic reasons. A competent editor would flag 'question that begs the question' on exactly those grounds
    I'll take that as a yes it was on your word of the day calendar, you thought you would sound smart using it, and incorrectly used it but will not admit to it.

And while we're on the subject of not addressing questions, still haven't seen my question about whether selective breeding for high potency might not also alter chemistry elsewhere in the mj plant and be a possible route to a concomitant (;)) increase in destabilizing effects for vulnerable users

From the wiki synopsis

So. A considerably more potent, longer duration intoxication effect. Seems like that could have some relevance to pushing unstable habitual users into psychosis

But, hey - it's been used by humans for centuries
    and it's not like those ancients were killing each other indiscriminately
    Yes I did answer that question, I stated that it is possible but the higher % of THC would mean less of other substances. Which you replied (incorrectly) that said percentages were not a percent of total amount but some unnamed "baseline". A better argument on your side would be that the decrease of other substances such as CBD could be a causative factor. From the study you linked.
    The best known neutral cannabinoids are undoubtedly Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), the former being responsible for the intoxicant properties of the cannabis plant, and the latter being active as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsant, but also as antagonist of THC negative effects9.

As for it being more potent, and longer lasting. I can't find anything in your links to it being longer lasting but there was this.
    Also, although many have described THCP to have a more potent or “pronounced” effect than THC, there is no definitive evidence that the cannabinoid is more potent when consumed.

And my god was that study painful to read, was it done by graduate students trying to impress their professor using five dollar words? I understand using technical terms but this went well above and beyond. Similar to certain people on this forum. ;)

Oh it's better described as millennia not centuries of use by humans.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As for it being more potent, and longer lasting. I can't find anything in your links to it being longer lasting but there was this.
    From a citation included in my previous post

Since it has a longer side chain, its cannabinoid effects are "far higher than Δ9-THC itself." [<--- I kind of think that covers the 'more potent' part you were looking for] It is said to have at least 30 times higher affinity to cannabinoid receptors than THC

I'll give you a hint. You can die in minutes from exposure to only 800ppm of carbon Monoxide even though the gas is not itself poisonous and you are literally swimming in oxygen at the time

Carbon monoxide's affinity for hemoglobin is 240 times that of hemoglobin for oxygen

If that doesn't help, I'll see if I can find my crayons

Last edited:
    Top Bottom