• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Heart stuff has strange things that go with it. Every time I go to the dentist for teeth cleaning I have to get antibiotics. No idea how the teeth affect the heart valves but they do somehow.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Heart stuff has strange things that go with it. Every time I go to the dentist for teeth cleaning I have to get antibiotics. No idea how the teeth affect the heart valves but they do somehow.
    Many foreign materials in the body (replacement hips, knees for sure, don’t know about valves) are magnets for infection, the teeth are full of infection and it can be trafficked straight to the implants through the blood, even from simple cleaning…

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Got local when I decided to stick the tip of my thumb in the table saw. It was odd watching them cut the thumb nail off and not feeling a thing. Didn’t feel any of the stitching also. Took them about 3 hours to get to me because I wasn’t as severe as the others so they told me.IMG_0469.jpeg

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I hear this, but several retirees are liking it. I am talking about retirees that would fit right in with the INGO crowd.

I was lamenting how I had planned to retire early but my wife uses a lot of healthcare and I would probably have to work until she was on Medicare. Thanks to Obama care they were able to retire earlier and now so may I. So when I retire at 59/62 instead of 67, I may very well call him up and thank him.

Tell more about this. I have never heard that

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a tendency to go out lightning fast with anesthesia but I also tend to wake up in the middle of procedures. The doctors get freaked out when someone starts talking from under the magic blue napkin.
    I had a relatively minor surgery years ago that I woke up from while still in the surgery room, this most recent one, I lost about 8 hours that I have zero recollection of. Don’t even remember them putting the mask over my face to put me out. The night of the surgery, maybe 14-16 hours later, I mentioned to my wife that I had not had to get up and pee since we left the house early that morning. She says “you have a catheter in you”!

That’s how oblivious I was.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I experienced this padding once. Wife giving birth. It was a VBAC so not without some risk. So hospital only, but she was relying on just a Doula.

Doula had mild concerns in the final stretch, so she called down to the on call and told her to not go too far. WE DONT NEED YOU NOW, but want you to not be blindsided IF WE CALL FOR HELP LATER. Just be prepared.

10 minutes later, a chick in a lab coat wanders in and stands away by the door and watches. 5 mins later, out pops my daughter.

Lab coat steps forward, and I see she is a doc. She puts her hand on my wife's shoulder and says "you did good Mom!" and walked out.

2 weeks later she sends us a $5,000 bill for her L&D services.

Billing was VERY intrigued when we explained what she did (didnt do)

Never heard about it again.
    I have been through the fictitious billing stuff.
    Cardiac intensive care was full so they put me in normal intensive care. My surgeon visited me there. A woman walks in, turns on the computer and says, "oh, you are not my patient, you are with cardio". I smiled and thanked her and she left, I thought nothing about it. Three months later, she is charging me directly for $1900 because my insurance will not pay her. $1900 to say that's "not my job". How do they sleep at night? It was not easy to get her to stop the billing/collection people.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Tooth infection can quickly travel to the heart and kill. So when you have heart concerns they are extra careful. For my wife after her most recent heart procedure, the dentist also made her wait like 3 months after to even do a cleaning if I recall.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Lol. I woke up while they were repairing my left biceps tendon. I woke up and all I could see was blue. No one was talking but I could feel my left arm being tugged around. I couldn't feel any pain so I laid there for a few seconds until I realized where I was and what was happening. I said "Hey Doc, we getting close to being done?" or something to that effect and everything in the room stopped. I heard the Doc say "Hang on Mr Nash, we'll get you taken care of in just a second". I heard a set of feet moving quickly out of the room then a moment later two sets came back in. I heard the anesthesiologist tell me to hold on and that was it.
    When I was cut overseas when I was in surgery, I had asked if I could watch the inner muscular surgeon do the cut tendon tying?
    They did a arm block and set up a mirror so I could watch. Like you I just felt pulling and tugging.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Way back when I had my vasectomy, I walked in nervous, scared and jumpy as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

Now during the consultation the dr said “we’re going to give you something to relax you, and then use local anesthesia” me being the big tough guy I am I said sure!

Flash forward and well… see the first paragraph!…well the “something to relax me” was…Valium…and after it kicked in…well a unicorn walked up to me…he winked at me and said…” that’s some good s*!t ain’t it!” I replied yes it is!…then they wheeled me in and the doctor said “well Mr shootersix I’m going to make the incision”…I replied “give me more of that horse tranquilizer and I’ll help you with the surgery!”…and was awake the whole time!…but didn’t mind because of the Valium…at least till the local wore off while the were cauterizing the vas…and I felt (and smelled) what I can only describe as someone sticking a burning object into someplace you don’t want a burning object near!…more local…and they were done!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Way back when I had my vasectomy, I walked in nervous, scared and jumpy as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!

Now during the consultation the dr said “we’re going to give you something to relax you, and then use local anesthesia” me being the big tough guy I am I said sure!

Flash forward and well… see the first paragraph!…well the “something to relax me” was…Valium…and after it kicked in…well a unicorn walked up to me…he winked at me and said…” that’s some good s*!t ain’t it!” I replied yes it is!…then they wheeled me in and the doctor said “well Mr shootersix I’m going to make the incision”…I replied “give me more of that horse tranquilizer and I’ll help you with the surgery!”…and was awake the whole time!…but didn’t mind because of the Valium…at least till the local wore off while the were cauterizing the vas…and I felt (and smelled) what I can only describe as someone sticking a burning object into someplace you don’t want a burning object near!…more local…and they were done!
    I was supposed to have a Dr for that same procedure that gave something to relax before and who used a newer method for the procedure that was supposed to be less painful after... Except I had to reschedule so I could help a friend move.

When I went in the next weekend with a different Dr, that Dr informed me that he didn't believe in giving something to relax ahead of time and used the old method for the procedure. When he hit me with that needle, I felt like he stabbed me in the tonsils, and it was downhill from there.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was supposed to have a Dr for that same procedure that gave something to relax before and who used a newer method for the procedure that was supposed to be less painful after... Except I had to reschedule so I could help a friend move.

When I went in the next weekend with a different Dr, that Dr informed me that he didn't believe in giving something to relax ahead of time and used the old method for the procedure. When he hit me with that needle, I felt like he stabbed me in the tonsils, and it was downhill from there.
    Didn't even have the option for something to relax me when I had mine. Drove myself 45 minutes from Plymouth to Valpo to have the procedure. Then drove myself home after hitting up Culver's for lunch.

The worst part was definitely the shot for the local. A close second goes to the time that the Dr. asked my wife if she wanted to come take a look at what he was doing. I had both of their faces right in my junk while he tugged on the vas to show my wife. Felt like a midget was using my sack as a speed bag.

Top Bottom