• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I'm just saying that a state shouldn't be able to restrict the use of federal currency. The law looks illegally restrictive to me.

A district court recently upheld a similar law. It is targeted at metal thieves.

The Volokh Conspiracy » Louisiana Bans Secondhand Dealers from Paying Cash for Secondhand Goods

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=16588449391523644412

What Congress has sought to do, then, is establish and maintain a uniform national currency, an aim which is incompatible with a system in which individual states can issue their own currency, or declare things other than federally-issued money to constitute legal tender. The Ordinance at issue here does no such thing, however. It merely provides that payment for junk must be in the form of a check, which in turn is payable in United States currency. Accordingly, it is neither unconstitutional nor inconsistent with § 5103.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    That law won't stand. It says right there on the bills "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private"

Funny, I ordered transcripts from the Owen County Court and they REFUSED cash. Would only take a money order. I am sure they will do everything in their power to make this stand and society becomes just slightly more restrictive.

Top Bottom