• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Washington's use of the military against the people in the Whiskey Rebellion didn't disqualify him?

Washington - Whiskey Rebellion
    Jefferson - Tripled the size of goveernment during his term
    William Henry Harrison died 30 days after his inauguration. Not enough time on the job to rate.
    Monroe - The Monroe Doctrine.
    Grover Cleveland - nothing comes to mind off the top of my head, but 10 minutes of research would change that.

Every President has trampled the Constitution to some degree during their presidency.

These are my views as I see it, and from the limited but growing library on the constitution, Presidents and ect. I fully admit that I don't know as much as I should, partly because of not caring in school, and partly because of schools as I went through them. I graduated in 2008, so that gives you a reference.

Washington did exactly as the constitution described, to the letter during the whiskey rebellion. Following Article 2, Section 2, 1:He asked his cabinet for written opinions about how to deal with the crisis. The cabinet recommended the use of force, except for Secretary of State Edmund Randolph (sp?) who urged peaceful negotionations. Washington did both: he sent commissioners to meet with the rebels while raising a militia army. He called into into action a militia that was responsible for protecting the public when the negotiations failed.. Perhaps I am naive but that's how I see it.

Jefferson although growing the government, isn't technically unconstitutional that I know of. (This I am probably wrong on and would be willing to learn the lesson with references!!)

The Monroe Doctrine simply stated that any attempt to future colonization or interference with the states of the now sovereign nation would be treated as an act of aggression toward the United States. (Once again, willing to listen and learn!)

Grover Cleveland- What did you find? I am willing to listen and learn!:laugh:

ETA: I will be continuing my research to find opinions on this matter...

Last edited:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    These are my views as I see it, and from the limited but growing library on the constitution, Presidents and ect. I fully admit that I don't know as much as I should, partly because of not caring in school, and partly because of schools as I went through them. I graduated in 2008, so that gives you a reference.

Washington did exactly as the constitution described, to the letter during the whiskey rebellion. Following Article 2, Section 2, 1:He asked his cabinet for written opinions about how to deal with the crisis. The cabinet recommended the use of force, except for Secretary of State Edmund Randolph (sp?) who urged peaceful negotionations. Washington did both: he sent commissioners to meet with the rebels while raising a militia army. He called into into action a militia that was responsible for protecting the public when the negotiations failed.. Perhaps I am naive but that's how I see it.

Jefferson although growing the government, isn't technically unconstitutional that I know of. (This I am probably wrong on and would be willing to learn the lesson with references!!)

The Monroe Doctrine simply stated that any attempt to future colonization or interference with the states of the now sovereign nation would be treated as an act of aggression toward the United States. (Once again, willing to listen and learn!)

Grover Cleveland- What did you find? I am willing to listen and learn!:laugh:

ETA: I will be continuing my research to find opinions on this matter...

The "militia" issue was a cop out for me. Their wasn't enough of a standing federal army to send. His only choice for troops were the militas.
    A paid defacto federal army in view.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    The "militia" issue was a cop out for me. Their wasn't enough of a standing federal army to send. His only choice for troops were the militas.
    A paid defacto federal army in view.

Which is paid according to the constitution saying it should be..... It's no different than when the NG in the Rochester Race Riots in 1964. You're saying that militia should not be activated to suppress riots that endanger the general public? That's all he did in my eyes. I don't see what you are trying to say.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    That will make things so much easier. Where do I sign up?

It does sound so good to be true, but they leave off the part where they also wire the chip directly to your Central Nervous System, so that if they need to they can send a radio frequency to immediately kill you. It's part of the One World Governments control on population to establish utopia...

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Using Cash is now illegal......

........In only Louisiana for now, though this applies for second hand goods only. No more buying and trading used goods at stores, flea markets, yard sells, or with your buddies using that good old hard cash. Of course its all for the good of stopping criminals from stealing and selling goods, even if it means trying to create a paper trail for everything we do.

Law Bans Cash for Second Hand Transactions - Acadiana's News Leader

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    "
    That law won't stand. It says right there on the bills "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private"
    goodness, don't you know what some states think of our constitutional right to bear arms, they don't care what a piece of paper says.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Good luck enforcing something you couldn't track in the first place.

idiots...

They may as well have passed a law that said "no more masterbating in the shower."

Top Bottom