• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    went to my Walmart at 6 a couple days ago. sg guy said they didn't get any. I didn't believe him so I came back at 9 and found the cabinet stocked. no surprise seeing as how it said in stock on the app. I saw someone walking out with both boxes of m22 I was after. guess where it ended up... armslist. for 100 more than cost per box.

Which Walmart?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    How accurate s it and have ou had any luck getting ammo using it?

I just tried it. 22 ammo showed up as in stock. I got to store and they were restocking .... No 22ammo :(

Ok, so I went back this AM and it w in stock. I picked up 22, 30-30' and 223. It showed in stock when I was there and when I got home, it was already out if stock. So the app seems to be up to date. I got talking to the manager and a bunch of ammo came in on Friday and I showed her the app showing it was in stock and she dug it up for me.

They told me that the manager has to check it in before it can be out on the shelves. Apparently, they had 2k worth of ammo come up missing and they changed their handling policy.

So, I don't know why it came in on Friday and didn't get out out until I asked someone to drag it out for me at 7am on Sunday

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Walmart also keeps stock on their website, but it has been 100% inaccurate for me so far. I've had the app for a bit, but no luck yet.

I think I'll try and track it to see if there's any trick to using the app with success.

Last edited:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    First test of the iOS app worked. Another member posted in a different thread that they found 7.62x39 at Greenwood Walmart by gander mountain.

App showed "limited stock" and there were 5 boxes on the shelf.

So far, so good. I'll be testing it more and report back.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, I am imposing a box of .22LR tax on all use of this app rather than rep. :laugh:

Folks, I am glad it is helping out. I really am. Don't forget the 4H & Boy Scouts when you're grabbing up these .22's either. I don't have children but I gave so your kids can learn firearm safety and familiarity. If we want to see a change in this country so people aren't scared of firearms due to unfamiliarity, we need to remember to help the programs that help the kids.

Again, thanks for all the rep and I am glad it is helping out. :)

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I've been trying to find 22 for a long time to get my brother into shooting before 4h and scouts this year but I've almost given up.

and that happened at the Lafayette Walmart. but its happened at all 3 in the area. west laf laf and 350. they say its not in stock until I ask them to go check or show them on my phone. they are definately keeping it for themselves or friends.

if it wasn't for random kindness of people on the internet he would be shooting at all. but paying 75 for a brick isn't covered by his "allowance"

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yeah, Walmart is bad about getting the ammo out. I talked to a stock boy and they got 22 ammo in in zfriday and didnt get it iuttil I asked them. Had to show the the app daid it was in stock and thatbhe night stock boy said it was there as well.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    They are now stocking @7:30..is what I was told and its been consistant with their web site. For what its worth just an FYI or additional info. My kids are ready for the rang!

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The iphone app must suck compared to the Android one. Not seeing anything more than what is on their website in mine?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    The app said the 86th St Walmart had 100rd Federal .223 "in stock", so I drove up there though I was skeptical.

No .223 to be found.

I saw some 45/410 so just for kicks and giggles I searched for that. It showed "out of stock", but I was looking at it plain as day on the shelf. Same item # and all.

The app is probably somewhat accurate for .270 and shotshells, but for in-demand ammo it's unreliable and spotty at best.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    that is likely due to it being hard to beat the guy unloading the truck to the "In Demand" items.

I guess them's the breaks and you should have some perk for dealing with retail customers.
    Oh wait, they get a paycheck for that...

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    that is likely due to it being hard to beat the guy unloading the truck to the "In Demand" items.

I guess them's the breaks and you should have some perk for dealing with retail customers.
    Oh wait, they get a paycheck for that...

This is possible. I figure if the guy unloading the truck buys them, they won't show "in stock" the next day so I'm gonna check.

Top Bottom