• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    The app said the 86th St Walmart had 100rd Federal .223 "in stock", so I drove up there though I was skeptical.

No .223 to be found.

I saw some 45/410 so just for kicks and giggles I searched for that. It showed "out of stock", but I was looking at it plain as day on the shelf. Same item # and all.

The app is probably somewhat accurate for .270 and shotshells, but for in-demand ammo it's unreliable and spotty at best.

38 I called yesterday when I saw the same in stock flag around 4:30. Sporting goods said he had 4 boxes coming in on the truck and that they would not be out till 7 am today. Not sure it helps you get some but would explain the in stock being on its way to stock....

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    38 I called yesterday when I saw the same in stock flag around 4:30. Sporting goods said he had 4 boxes coming in on the truck and that they would not be out till 7 am today. Not sure it helps you get some but would explain the in stock being on its way to stock....

Interesting. So I wouldn't expect the "in stock" to mean "go in and buy it now".

I'm gonna keep looking into it just to see.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    This is possible. I figure if the guy unloading the truck buys them, they won't show "in stock" the next day so I'm gonna check.

what I meant was if he is GOING to buy it when he gets a chance, it will show In Stock until that happens.
    This is something that more than a few folks have reported, shows in stock but isn't there.
    I have a friend who works at the Super WM here and he has said that this happens there often.
    Guys/Gals will put it aside to buy when they can so I am just thinking here that this shows in stock until they can buy it.
    It is odd that WM allows this though, having been a stock person more than a few times at other stores I was never allowed to do this sort of thing.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    what I meant was if he is GOING to buy it when he gets a chance, it will show In Stock until that happens.
    This is something that more than a few folks have reported, shows in stock but isn't there.
    I have a friend who works at the Super WM here and he has said that this happens there often.
    Guys/Gals will put it aside to buy when they can so I am just thinking here that this shows in stock until they can buy it.
    It is odd that WM allows this though, having been a stock person more than a few times at other stores I was never allowed to do this sort of thing.

That's what I understood you to mean.

I just meant that the next day (today, in this particular case) it would no longer show in stock as the Walmart stock guy would likely buy it when he gets off work.

Incidentally, this ammo no longer shows "in stock" today, so somebody got it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom