• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve.43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN
    I love it at the end of this, where he says, "I don't feel safe in your state."

My response is, "Great! Don't come here, then. Find yourself a gun-free zone and stay there."

Glad he's scared to death of Indiana and hope he will continue to be.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I love it at the end of this, where he says, "I don't feel safe in your state."

My response is, "Great! Don't come here, then. Find yourself a gun-free zone and stay there."

Glad he's scared to death of Indiana and hope he will continue to be.

+1!!!

I wonder how safe he feels in the liberal utopias like Chicago, Detroit, or D.C.?

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I guess it was my dad and my babysitter's husband who most familiarized me with firearms at a very early age. I'd like to publicly thank them for that. Nowhere in my being would be found the ability to look myself in the mirror if I'd written (much less actually published!) such a lip trembling, hand-wringing piece of tripe sharing how scared I was over so trivial a threat. Son, this world is filled with genuine, honest-to-God threats. Responsible gun owners going about their daily affairs while armed ain't one of 'em.

I'm guessing this gentle fellow never pulled a stint in the military. :lmfao:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    That was cute. Why do people from other states feel the need to push their agenda in a place they will most likely never visit? Also, I find it ironic that Carmel and Fishers were just ranked as the #1 and #2 safest suburbs in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. Bbbut, how could that be? That can't be true in Indiana! They have guns!

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Wow.. a whole 600 supporters on their petition. AA&E is not impressed. There were more people then that at a small town gun show I went to yesterday.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the article:
    "And in all of these states, their background laws -- if they even exist -- are so full of loopholes that someone with a criminal record, a drug or drinking problem, or a history of mental illness can obtain a gun."

Huh. So the 4473 and the NICS check is a STATE thing now... Um, okay...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Also from the article:
    "These are states of intimidation, where every one of us must wonder if the guy over there with a gun might pull the trigger because he's angry, under the influence, troubled, mentally ill or simply ticked off."

I don't worry about this at all. However, I'm afraid to go in Starbucks. I'm afraid that some liberal "intellectual" type might throw his venti double mocha half caf with extra whip at me because he's angry, under the influence, troubled, mentally ill or simply ticked off.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The post had something like 55 likes when I read it. A professor of communications at a university in DC. What better qualifications to be an expert on guns and violence?

More gems:

White Men and Their Guns | Leonard Steinhorn
    The Tea Party Luddites | Leonard Steinhorn

From the first article:
    "and the reason is that middle-aged white men are buying more and more guns, and gun ownership has become increasingly concentrated among them."

And yet, this demographic is not the one that is committing the majority of gun-related crimes. But of course to point that out would fly in the face of political correctness.

And this: "a faceless man wearing a sniper's jacket".

Wait, what?? Snipers get special jackets?? Are these jackets available on the civilian market? Because if it will improve my marksmanship and make me a "sniper", then I'd be interested... :): I thought it required hours of practice and dedication. Who knew it was just a wardrobe issue?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also from the article:
    "These are states of intimidation, where every one of us must wonder if the guy over there with a gun might pull the trigger because he's angry, under the influence, troubled, mentally ill or simply ticked off."

I don't worry about this at all. However, I'm afraid to go in Starbucks. I'm afraid that some liberal "intellectual" type might throw his venti double mocha half caf with extra whip at me because he's angry, under the influence, troubled, mentally ill or simply ticked off.

I worry that people who are angry, under the influence, mentally ill or simply ticked off are even voting? Why are we not stripping such people of their right to be citizen? I mean if we can not trust them with a gun then why trust them with citizenship?

You have to take the leftwing freaks comments then push them to the extreme. It generally gets them royally upset.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    From the first article:
    "and the reason is that middle-aged white men are buying more and more guns, and gun ownership has become increasingly concentrated among them."

And yet, this demographic is not the one that is committing the majority of gun-related crimes. But of course to point that out would fly in the face of political correctness.

And this: "a faceless man wearing a sniper's jacket".

Wait, what?? Snipers get special jackets?? Are these jackets available on the civilian market? Because if it will improve my marksmanship and make me a "sniper", then I'd be interested... :): I thought it required hours of practice and dedication. Who knew it was just a wardrobe issue?

I think CTD sells them snipers' jackets? And an academic from DC knows all this stuff. He's smart.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think CTD sells them snipers' jackets? And an academic from DC knows all this stuff. He's smart.

giphy.gif

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

That is the problem, the academics. Most have little real world experience. And the left knew that if they could control the universities then they would control the culture. after all the journalists are trained there and how many conservative or libertarian journalists are there these days? Most politicians have an university degree. Hollywood is using more university grads. And now most of our CEOs have been brainwashed when they went through Harvard or Yale.

What is the one big thing that the left loves to throw out at conservatives? It is that they are smart and you are stupid. The left believes that having a university degree, plus believing the right things, makes them superior thus the right to rule the masses.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Just as an educated suburbanite drives a Prius as a badge of virtue, a man walking with a holstered or open carry gun -- or with the emblem of the politically fearsome National Rifle Association affixed to his pick-up truck or car -- shows his power to all that can see."

:lol2::rofl:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is the problem, the academics. Most have little real world experience. And the left knew that if they could control the universities then they would control the culture. after all the journalists are trained there and how many conservative or libertarian journalists are there these days? Most politicians have an university degree. Hollywood is using more university grads. And now most of our CEOs have been brainwashed when they went through Harvard or Yale.

What is the one big thing that the left loves to throw out at conservatives? It is that they are smart and you are stupid. The left believes that having a university degree, plus believing the right things, makes them superior thus the right to rule the masses.

Yeah, he pretty much said as much with this quote: "the urban and educated elites who hold the levers of power and status in society today." Wow.

Top Bottom