• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Yesterday I went to Ohio with a few friends to help pick out a motorcycle jacket. We stopped at a restaurant and I just so happened to be wearing a pro gun shirt (not out of normal for me) I didnt wear my XDM or 1911 that day because im not sure if our LTCH was valid in B.F.E. of Ohio Anyway after I paid for my food the girl behind the counter said "I do not agree with your shirt I hate you and people like you" to which I politely replied and its your right to say that and its my right have a gun. I left that place very very very very angry but what else could I do. I couldnt snap and yell at her for being rude and ruining my day ( like I wanted to) when we act like that it makes the anti gun nazis stronger but now I fear that built up anger is gonna ball up into a kidney stone one day and I regret not saying what I wanted to. grrrrrrrr RAGE!!!!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Was she the manager/owner? If not, a quick conversation in "customer service" might be in order. You are paying for food and service, not her opinion.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Was she the manager/owner? If not, a quick conversation in "customer service" might be in order. You are paying for food and service, not her opinion.

Agreed...working with the general public for years I saw a lot of things I didn't like or agree with, but unless it put someone in immediate jeopardy, I kept my mouth shut.

BTW what shirt did you have on? (What did it say?)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yesterday I went to Ohio with a few friends to help pick out a motorcycle jacket. We stopped at a restaurant and I just so happened to be wearing a pro gun shirt (not out of normal for me) I didnt wear my XDM or 1911 that day because im not sure if our LTCH was valid in B.F.E. of Ohio Anyway after I paid for my food the girl behind the counter said "I do not agree with your shirt I hate you and people like you" to which I politely replied and its your right to say that and its my right have a gun. I left that place very very very very angry but what else could I do. I couldnt snap and yell at her for being rude and ruining my day ( like I wanted to) when we act like that it makes the anti gun nazis stronger but now I fear that built up anger is gonna ball up into a kidney stone one day and I regret not saying what I wanted to. grrrrrrrr RAGE!!!!
    Next time that happens ask the person if they would hate you and guns if they had been trapped in a classroom at Virginia Tech or Lubby's restaraunt in Kileen, TX waiting to be executed by a mad man. They'll give you a BS flip off answer but will probably think about it later.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . after I paid for my food the girl behind the counter said "I do not agree with your shirt I hate you and people like you" . . .
    So why didn't you ask her to call over the manager? A pleasant chat with the manager, explaining that you loved the food and brought your friends in to eat there bringing him more customers might have ended up with the girl getting fired. She is a mere employee and is paid to be polite to customers. Clearly she failed at her job. No reason for her to be employed when others can obviously treat customers properly. JMO

Can we get a PICTURE OF YOUR SHIRT!?!

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Good job biting your tongue, It probably killed her even more that you were polite. People who act like that are just trying to get a reaction out of others. Way to rise above, now go out and light off about 100 rounds to cool off!

I agree that a lesson in customer service is in order and think you should call back and talk to her manager. That will upset her even more.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yesterday I went to Ohio with a few friends to help pick out a motorcycle jacket. We stopped at a restaurant and I just so happened to be wearing a pro gun shirt (not out of normal for me) I didnt wear my XDM or 1911 that day because im not sure if our LTCH was valid in B.F.E. of Ohio Anyway after I paid for my food the girl behind the counter said "I do not agree with your shirt I hate you and people like you" to which I politely replied and its your right to say that and its my right have a gun. I left that place very very very very angry but what else could I do. I couldnt snap and yell at her for being rude and ruining my day (like I wanted to) when we act like that it makes the anti gun nazis stronger but now I fear that built up anger is gonna ball up into a kidney stone one day and I regret not saying what I wanted to. grrrrrrrr RAGE!!!!

A few words from a convenience-store employee got you that fired up?

My advice: don't carry your firearms until you can control your anger, emotions, temper, etc 100%.

ETA: Kudos, though, for biting your tongue.

-J-

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    A few words from a convenience-store employee got you that fired up?

My advice: don't carry your firearms until you can control your anger, emotions, temper, etc 100%.

ETA: Kudos, though, for biting your tongue.

-J-

It seem to me he did control himself very well

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    should have told her off for being rude. Where in OH was this? I often travel the I-70 corridor and I'd like to not accidentally patronize this place. or was it just some hippie, whiny teenager working behind the counter that doesn't really speak for the store?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The depths to which some will sink in order to try to feel better about themselves know no limit. All I can do is laugh when someone debases himself or herself that badly.

But laughing at them carries its own risks. YMMV.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    So why didn't you ask her to call over the manager? A pleasant chat with the manager, explaining that you loved the food and brought your friends in to eat there bringing him more customers might have ended up with the girl getting fired. She is a mere employee and is paid to be polite to customers. Clearly she failed at her job. No reason for her to be employed when others can obviously treat customers properly. JMO

Can we get a PICTURE OF YOUR SHIRT!?!

after it gets out of the warsher :laugh:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    You did the right thing.

Good job keeping your response civil. I usually smile and say "You have a nice day" when someone attacks like that. This does more to raise their blood pressure and torque them off than any smart a$$ come back or response. They want to invoke an angry response, won't get it from me. Getting angry simply implies that you care about their opinion.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And yet people like that call the police when they are in trouble because they carry GUNS.In that case I guess they love people like you when their life is in danger and need someone with a gun (armed citizen or LEO) to save the day.

Top Bottom