• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    If there is any doubt remaining that the Ammo-can is still empty consider this;

I received a text on my smartphone tonight from Midway that they had received a re-stock of .22 Winny 555. By the time I could get to my computer downstairs and open the website it was all gone... :ugh:

Hoosier Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    That happens often with Midway with more than just ammo. Almost every notification I've had from them this year for magazines is sold out by the time I get the email. It's a very popular site, one of the first places many shooters go when they want something.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I just don't get where it's all going. Somebody is buying it, but who? I rarely hear of anyone getting more than a box or two.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I just don't get where it's all going. Somebody is buying it, but who? I rarely hear of anyone getting more than a box or two.
    The ammo flippers. I can ALWAYS find large amounts of 22lr on armslist, but it's always 50-80/brick, more than i'm willing to pay. As long as these guys are selling ammo at that price, they'll keep on buying it up online at every opportunity, and selling it at enormous profit.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The ammo flippers. I can ALWAYS find large amounts of 22lr on armslist, but it's always 50-80/brick, more than i'm willing to pay. As long as these guys are selling ammo at that price, they'll keep on buying it up online at every opportunity, and selling it at enormous profit.
    Yeah. People are still freaking out because there isn't .22 so they buy from the flippers. I wish they'd all realize that the reason there isn't any .22, is because they buy from the flippers! Their solution is what causes the problem!

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central

I thought Midway only allowed one box per customer? Am I just naive to believe that people are not getting around that?

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    Midway's website shows products in-stock HOURS before the notification email gets sent....like 4+.

That is very disappointing. You would think that they would honor their customers request to be notified as soon as product is available for sale.

Four hours after it is available on the website does not quite get there for me...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    The part about rimfire availability that troubles me the most is that the rounds that I typically buy, are not what the typical .22lr shooter wants.

I burn up bricks of Aquila SSS and Super Colibri, as well as .22 shorts. Those are expensive specialty rounds that don't cycle semi autos, the super colibri doesn't have anything in the way of power when compared with my air rifle, and the .22 shorts... who shoots .22 shorts????

I actually picked up two bricks of super colibri at a gunshow this past spring for less than retail because the flipper couldn't move em. Got two bricks for $50 OTD. He still had at least 20 on the table.

Just bugs me that my undesirable ammo is getting scooped up along with the .22lr that everyone else wants. I thought i'd be immune to the shortage to be honest. Now that I've learned my lesson, I'll be stockpiling once availability improves.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    That is very disappointing. You would think that they would honor their customers request to be notified as soon as product is available for sale.

Four hours after it is available on the website does not quite get there for me...

I'm guessing that if you looked at when you signed up for, the notification is not "the instant it becomes available." It's probably more along the lines of "when it's in stock."

Guess, what? It was probably in stock when they sent the email.

I wish businesses would stop trying to "take care of customers" by underpricing things and creating artificial scarcity. Flippers can flip for free. There is a price between flipper price and Armslist price that MIdway could sell for and still have things stay in stock longer than 10 minutes or so.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The part about rimfire availability that troubles me the most is that the rounds that I typically buy, are not what the typical .22lr shooter wants.

I burn up bricks of Aquila SSS and Super Colibri, as well as .22 shorts. Those are expensive specialty rounds that don't cycle semi autos, the super colibri doesn't have anything in the way of power when compared with my air rifle, and the .22 shorts... who shoots .22 shorts????

I actually picked up two bricks of super colibri at a gunshow this past spring for less than retail because the flipper couldn't move em. Got two bricks for $50 OTD. He still had at least 20 on the table.

Just bugs me that my undesirable ammo is getting scooped up along with the .22lr that everyone else wants. I thought i'd be immune to the shortage to be honest. Now that I've learned my lesson, I'll be stockpiling once availability improves.
    Heck, I switched to more of these because they're the only ones I can find at not ridiculous prices without going to Wal-Mart at 8am. Bolt actions will run anything, and the super colibris are so quiet you'd swear the round was a dud. The firing pin makes more noise than the bullet leaving the barrel in my rifle.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington

Even more dissapointing is that they do this with backorders as well. Seven times now I've gotten an email from them at about 1:10 am telling me the back-ordered ammo is in stock and I have to log on to "confirm" I still want it. By the time I log on (usually about 6:30 am, but once as early as 2:15 am) it's all out of stock again. I've had this ammo on back order since november.

mmamom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    muncie
    I didn't realize the ammo shortage when I purchased my Taurus PT-22. I am new and still learning all I can when I can. I have been getting a box of 50 rounds every weekend, for like 6 bucks. It is harder than I figured to find ammo.

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    Bolt actions will run anything, and the super colibris are so quiet you'd swear the round was a dud. The firing pin makes more noise than the bullet leaving the barrel in my rifle.

Thats because they (super colibris) contain no powder and are not really intended for use in rifles. :whistle:

Top Bottom