• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Sadly, I think you're one of the few who gets it. Unfortunately, most of those complaining now will be the same ones complaining during the next shortage.

My only hope during the coming food shortages is that the internet will be down so I don't have to listen to it then. Can you imagine what it will be like then?

Yep, I sure can. I am so hungry, all the rabbits and squirrels are dead and all I have is INGO and some water. Sell me some food you evil gougers:laugh:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yep, I sure can. I am so hungry, all the rabbits and squirrels are dead and all I have is INGO and some water. Sell me some food you evil gougers:laugh:

That was part of my plan for stocking up on 22. Hunting small game to survive. But then I came to the conclusion that the wild game population in this country won't last a week.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would say it's kind of like the saying, "A recession is when your neighbor is out of a job. A depression is when YOU'RE out of a job."

In other words, if you have plenty, you're stockpiling. If the other guy has plenty and you can't find any, then he's hoarding. ;)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Who has said anything different? You continue to rail against the gougers. I continue to rail against the entitled.

no, you just rail. That's OK too and your right. When you finally have a real reason or something intelligent to say, I will again engage in debate with you but you do need to at least find yourself a position to stick to and something believe in before that can happen.

I actually haven't railed against the gougers as much as I do with the lack of a unified front among gunowners. You just have a lack of reading comprehension skills.

At the risk of people thinking this is a threat, which it isn't, I wonder if it is the internet anonymity that make grown men, assuming you are one, act like school yard boys on a playground or if you'd actually act like this in face to face debate?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    no, you just rail. That's OK too and your right. When you finally have a real reason or something intelligent to say, I will again engage in debate with you but you do need to at least find yourself a position to stick to and something believe in before that can happen.

I actually haven't railed against the gougers as much as I do with the lack of a unified front among gunowners. You just have a lack of reading comprehension skills.

At the risk of people thinking this is a threat, which it isn't, I wonder if it is the internet anonymity that make grown men, assuming you are one, act like school yard boys on a playground or if you'd actually act like this in face to face debate?

Insults always win. :bowdown:

ETA: Not sure why I'd want to be on a unified front with the entitlement crowd.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I would say it's kind of like the saying, "A recession is when your neighbor is out of a job. A depression is when YOU'RE out of a job."

In other words, if you have plenty, you're stockpiling. If the other guy has plenty and you can't find any, then he's hoarding. ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^ This!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I am a hoarder of sorts.

I use to get one box of 22 mag each year for x-mas from dad and sometimes I would get one for my birthday. I mainly hunted fox with that gun and might have popped off 10 a year and i always seemed to buy federal 50 grainers cause they grouped best in it. Now I have many boxes of 22 wmr from cci. happy days.

I used to buy one box of 22 ammo in each gun store I visited. As a fee for my drooling on the guns and wanting to hold the ones in the display case. Threw them in a few 50 cal ammo boxes. I have them still and some are older than some of the members here. Looks like I might be ok for a little while,

I still have no 1050 pfs rounds to speak of for my new target 22. Just a box of rem target, a couple boxes of tenex eley and a gem tech box or two from cory.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    That's not what he said but you know that, your just stirring the pot. Not sure why this is needed and not picking on just you.

I am not sure why we are all just yanking chains instead of actually debating. Or is the following method really how you debate?

I say something, you make fun of me personally. You say something, someone actually tries to respond to your point, you make fun of them personally.

Notice what's missing, your actual point or points or is making fun of people your point?

I really don't know what your talking about but then that is no surprise.

My current lot in life is likely as good as yours or better, no worse. I do fine.

Like I said in a different thread, folks don't always grow up as they grow old. Then I can't tell your age, probably in your 20's? So you still need to grow up.
    Maybe this is why all you do is say the same thing again and again whether it fit or not.

Since your response was non sequitor.

You couldn't make this stuff up. :D

On one hand, you're calling people out for name-calling and making fun, and then you turn around do EXACTLY that.

Or are we just twisting your words again?

Seriously. This is just laughable at this point. And now you're calling people out, saying they wouldn't be consistent in person? You aren't even being consistent on INGO.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I mean - you couldn't make this stuff up.

On one hand, you're calling people out for name-calling and making fun, and then you turn around do EXACTLY that.

Or are we just twisting your words again?

Seriously. This is just laughable at this point. And now you're calling people out, saying they wouldn't be consistent in person? You aren't even being consistent on INGO.

Ted reincarnate?

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I try to pick up a box each week if the LGS has some. Today they had a boat load of 9mm. So, I picked up my one box and left. I have a good supply and need to get time to shoot.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It reminds me of the time I visited my 90 pound grandmother during the sugar "shortage" - must have been around 1980. She said " Stevie, I want to show you something" and opened up the cabinet in her little 8 by 30 trailer to reveal about fifty pounds of sugar. Makes my 8000 rounds of .22s look puny.

Having 8000 rounds of ammo on hand is not hording. Some people can shoot that supply down very quickly. :D

JSVEND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2013
    Plainfield IN
    I always thought ammo was used in guns for hunting, target practice, protecting your family things like that but now it has become a commodity. It looks like we are soon going to be able to buy standardized contracts of ammo on the stock market for investments. This modern world! what will they think of next?

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have plenty of ammo. I have been buying ammo for several years and found out buying in bulk is cheaper. Then if I come across a good deal I will buy. I have ended up with 1,000 or more of every caliber I shoot. I also have reloading equipment, brass, bullets, powder, and primers that I have not yet used. Bought all that as preps before this mess happened. I do plan on stockpiling more when this whole mess is over but am certainly not stressing ammo right now.
    With that being said I am not a gouger. If I have a friend who needs some ammo and I have plenty of it I will gladly sell it to him at prepanic prices or in give it to him as a gift. I have offered somebody on here .22 ammo for free in a thread as many us did. The gun community was and still is a good group of people. I along with many others are happy to help a fellow shooter out. It is the people that get on here and whine about their problems that are the issue. It is the gougers waiting at wal mart for the ammo to come in to sell it at twice the price that are the problem. Gun owners and the gun community are NOT the problem.

Top Bottom