• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No it is not. It is all self inflicted by those that think they have to have it now and won't quit buying it now because they were to damn stupid to have been buying it for the last few years.

The stupid part is paying the high prices now.

There could have been many reasons someone did not or could not stock up before. I would not judge someone for not purchasing large quantities in the past.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

There could have been many reasons someone did not or could not stock up before. I would not judge someone for not purchasing large quantities in the past.
    One of those reasons cannot be money because it is a lot more pricey now unless you find it on the shelf first. I cannot think of one reason anyone that owns a 22 does not have at least 3150 rounds which would have an average cost of about $12.50 per month if you bought 1 bulk box every 2 months.

Do you think those that prep with food are going to share their food with the masses? Why should those that prep with ammo be any different.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Hoard all you want it's your money But the hiked up prices for it now that's wrong
    You don't really think he bought that while prices were high, do you? He bought before there was a crazed rush for ammo to build a supply that he can rely on when things went sideways. He may even have enough to use for the rest of his life, so he has no need to buy when prices are high and others are scrambling. That simply means he is well prepared. Many that put away substantial stocks when there was plenty aren't buying now and competing with those who are new and/or unprepared. Since he isn't competing with you, what possible complaint do you have about his collection? He has had no impact on your ability to purchase ammo.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

There's nothing wrong with not stocking up in the past. What's wrong is those who didn't stock up expect those who did to act as their personal gun and ammo store. And if you expect a penny in profit, you're a greedy, hoarding gouger. It's the same entitled people in past, present, and future panics.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Before all this "stockpiling, hoarding" stuff started I would shoot 200 rounds of 9 @ 23.95 per 100, twice a month. Now I shoot 4 magazines 68 rounds once a month. I still have a couple of LGS that will sell 1 box (I've given them enough business over time to send their first born through college) for $25. So I buy 100 (50 from each store) and shoot my 68. Bank the balance.

Meantime I bought a shotgun, and started shooting trap. $13 for 50 rounds 6's or 7.5's or 8's. Nice little weapon loaded for home defense 8, 6,slug slug and another slug if the situation isn't fixed. On the range 8's are great. Shortages come and shortages go. Ammo will not be plentiful for some time..Can't reload, Don't want to fight with the wife about powder in the house. (She still doesn't realize powder in a can or bottle is safer than her gas range.) Oh well..... nuff sed..To stock pile or not to stockpile that is the question.. the answers are still up for grabs.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Ok so if you dont have it what do you have to trade for it? Im just saying. If your falling short, Its time to check yourself in more than one way. I've had this conversation with my family. We cant depend on anyone but yourself and being prepared in some kind of way.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    No one should be allowed to own or possess any more than 10 rounds of ammo per magazine (unless in New York State then 7 rounds will be the standard). I am available to collect this non needed/illegal ammo and will properly dispose of it for a small fee :D

Mu Public Service for the Liberals :patriot:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is this hoarding?

3585D455-0FF1-4347-A328-ECDD81C80100-6507-00000449F8638745.jpg

OMG yes..................JK more so brag'n

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    There's nothing wrong with not stocking up in the past. What's wrong is those who didn't stock up expect those who did to act as their personal gun and ammo store. And if you expect a penny in profit, you're a greedy, hoarding gouger. It's the same entitled people in past, present, and future panics.

Well said!

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I started stockpiling ammo in 1992. Prices always go up
    Especially with a Democrat in office. I have sold a little
    lately and have donated a bunch to 4h and boy scouts.
    Just the way my worldview works out.
    You have to live with what you do.
    I am not a price gouger!

Mike:patriot:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Time to consider multiple muzzleloaders, same caliber. I have one that after sitting in driving rain during deer hunting, still fired without an issue. Not fast to reload, but a .50 cal headed in your direction can seriously impair your day. Does the job on deer also. Hoard that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I started stockpiling ammo in 1992. Prices always go up
    Especially with a Democrat in office. I have sold a little
    lately and have donated a bunch to 4h and boy scouts.
    Just the way my worldview works out.
    You have to live with what you do.
    I am not a price gouger!

Mike:patriot:

In 99/00 I was buying 20 round boxes of Lake City M2 Ball for $4 a box. 308 was $4 or less. 1200 round crates of brass cased 7.62x39 were around $90 at Knob Creek being wheeled out by the dolly load. I had boxes of UMC 45 that my uncle had priced at $5 a box when he ran his gun shop. I wish I would have bought hundreds of thousands of rounds back then but I didn't have the disposable income then to do so. All of those things are about 4 times those prices now. It's nobody's fault but my own that I didn't buy more.

Historically, all goods have gone up in price. During the next slow down in sales, people should consider buying enough to last their lifetime. Wallyworld's price on 550 packs of 22 is $19. If you buy 50 of them now, how much do you think one would save vs buying one at a time for the next 30 years? In 30 years, that same pack will likely be $100 or more. But what do I know, I'm just a greedy hoarder.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    The same people that have no 22lr/9mm/45acp/223/whatever - are the very same people that have zero contingency for lack of food, water, shelter and fuel.

These people will either complain loudly to no one that is listening, or they will try to take from those that have planned a little.

Not without ammo they won't.:draw:

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    Hoarding

If you had the foesight, and listened to those who knew what was coming, and stockpiled, then good for you. Like the grasshopper and the ant, one was prepared and the other one wasn't until it was too late! Remember, the key to survival is that you and your guns have to be able to eat! I think alot of the shortage and higher prices are due to record numbers of first time gun buyers, and if that is the case, this is a good problem to have! :)

Top Bottom