• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I don't have a problem with "hoarding", buy all the ammo you want. Determining how much is enough is an individual matter. I don't have the stockpile that some of you have but some people would consider my supply to be "large". If you think you have plenty, good for you. If you think you need/want more, buy it if you can find it and don't have other pressing needs for the cash. It's your choice.

My only problem is with people that don't want the ammo but camp the stores, clean-out the shelves so no one else can get it and then sell it for huge mark-ups because the shelves are empty. I understand that they are doing it because they can and if there wasn't a demand then they wouldn't do it. However, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I don't have a problem with "hoarding", buy all the ammo you want. Determining how much is enough is an individual matter. I don't have the stockpile that some of you have but some people would consider my supply to be "large". If you think you have plenty, good for you. If you think you need/want more, buy it if you can find it and don't have other pressing needs for the cash. It's your choice.

My only problem is with people that don't want the ammo but camp the stores, clean-out the shelves so no one else can get it and then sell it for huge mark-ups because the shelves are empty. I understand that they are doing it because they can and if there wasn't a demand then they wouldn't do it. However, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Personally, I'm thankful they are willing to jack up the prices when the retailers aren't willing to.

This will slow down the demand and make "crisis" MUCH shorter as ammo supply can much more easily catch up.

You and I both know that if ammo was cheaper it, it would be even scarcer.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Ammo Hoarding is why we are in the state that we are in. firearms hording, magazine hording is all because the masses are in panic mode. if everyone would stop buying for a month or so you would see the prices go down.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ammo Hoarding is why we are in the state that we are in. firearms hording, magazine hording is all because the masses are in panic mode. if everyone would stop buying for a month or so you would see the prices go down.

I haven't bought in several months. I've bought 40 rounds of Tulammo in the last 3-4 years.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    well then you sir are a saint. only if people would follow your lead things would go back to normalish

No, I'm hated here because I refuse to be sympathetic to those who failed to prepare and I don't scream gouger at anyone who dares to make a penny.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Is this hording?

I have a peon to count it over and over.

BoxesofAmunition_zpscd9edc97.jpg

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Just give it time--When credit card balances are completly maxed out and Walmart fully restocked--Justice will prevail.

(Freedom can be making a killing, or losing your a**)

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I wish I had thought ahead. I missed the boat on this one, and readily admit it. I was more worried about the imagined (or not :):) future zombie horde than the Obama clan. I have enough ammo for now but always wish for more, and I commend those who had the forethought to have seen the writing on the wall. I don't consider it hoarding at all, not in the traditional sense.
    I, like many of you thought there was no way in he!! he was getting re-hired.

Obama has been the firearms industry's best salesman. Everything tactical has become more popular, thus more expensive. Ammo prices go up like everything else. Heck, if you can make a buck, that's what the free enterprise system is all about. I think the prices are artificially high because of the circumstances, and that happens from time to time. It'll settle.

What I've seen more than anything, is a bunch of gun owners on edge, ready to snap at the first person or thing that raises their hackles. Lots of name calling and unpleasantness, and sometimes right here in a forum known for it's great personality and helpfulness.

For me, it's not the supposed "hoarding" or "gouging". It's the way the whole gun community is treating it's own members.

I believe in calling a spade a spade, and I'm not some sensitive flower boy from the 60s. I've learned with age to be a bit more polite, a bit more tolerant, and a bit more prone to having thicker skin. We need to get over ourselves and get back to the fun and enjoyment we had before.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    So,, you dont have much and your mad cause some of us do?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    That's not what he said but you know that, your just stirring the pot. Not sure why this is needed and not picking on just you.

I am not sure why we are all just yanking chains instead of actually debating. Or is the following method really how you debate?

I say something, you make fun of me personally. You say something, someone actually tries to respond to your point, you make fun of them personally.

Notice what's missing, your actual point or points or is making fun of people your point?

This seems to me like an odd way to welcome new folks to the sport. Make fun of what they lack because they are new to all of this and therefore had no idea they would need ammo a year ago.

No doubt this post will have fall out but I have very thick skin so do your worst.

There is also another way people might not be "Prepared" as I guess people are calling it. Not everyone drops a box of amo in the cart every time they're on the store. There are many reason for that too. How about lids & a wife who need to eat and maybe they're getting by OK but no real luxury? So this guy or gal will buy the ammo they need for a range trip and probably keep a box for carry/home/SD/HD or whatever and this is the best they can do if they want to enjoy shooting. So now this i cause to make fun of him because he/she hasn't the money to stock up. There are more reasons but face it, you can think them up too. It's just more fun to make them feel bad.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's not what he said but you know that, your just stirring the pot. Not sure why this is needed and not picking on just you.

I am not sure why we are all just yanking chains instead of actually debating. Or is the following method really how you debate?

I say something, you make fun of me personally. You say something, someone actually tries to respond to your point, you make fun of them personally.

Notice what's missing, your actual point or points or is making fun of people your point?

This seems to me like an odd way to welcome new folks to the sport. Make fun of what they lack because they are new to all of this and therefore had no idea they would need ammo a year ago.

No doubt this post will have fall out but I have very thick skin so do your worst.

There is also another way people might not be "Prepared" as I guess people are calling it. Not everyone drops a box of amo in the cart every time they're on the store. There are many reason for that too. How about lids & a wife who need to eat and maybe they're getting by OK but no real luxury? So this guy or gal will buy the ammo they need for a range trip and probably keep a box for carry/home/SD/HD or whatever and this is the best they can do if they want to enjoy shooting. So now this i cause to make fun of him because he/she hasn't the money to stock up. There are more reasons but face it, you can think them up too. It's just more fun to make them feel bad.

Or it's just easier to blame the gougers, profiteers, and hoarders for your current lot in life instead of taking personal responsibility for it.

Top Bottom