• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    There are a couple of Amish guys who shoot trap at the Nappanee conservation club. Amish can and do own riles and shotguns. I don't think it would be to common to own a handgun though.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Then there are variations of the Amish as well. Some can drive cars and talk on cell phones and run diesel gen-sets with true 480 in their shops.
    I do believe that a lot of them can and do own firearms. I saw a few pockets of them at the last Gun Show at the Coliseum in Fort Wayne a few weeks ago. They had a few rifles slung over the soldier and looked at the tables just like the rest of us.
    And I actually do know a few of them that own handguns. but they'll tell you with much apprehension.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    They do like their guns and they like their booze that's for sure. Don't let them fool you. They throw some pretty good parties complete with bull riding.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Amish comment on guns

While in a small local gun shop recently, there was a late 20's Amish man inquiring about revolvers. He picked one out, completed the paperwork and someone said, "I didn't know the Amish bought hand guns". The Amish man smiled and said it is true that we are taught not to take a life, but we also know about self defense. If someone was to break into my home, I would tell them, "Excuse me sir I mean you no harm.....but you are standing where I am about to shoot." Classic....true story.

You don't think they have guns? Tell that to the Amish man that sold me the Enfield in .303 British...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    While in a small local gun shop recently, there was a late 20's Amish man inquiring about revolvers. He picked one out, completed the paperwork and someone said, "I didn't know the Amish bought hand guns". The Amish man smiled and said it is true that we are taught not to take a life, but we also know about self defense. If someone was to break into my home, I would tell them, "Excuse me sir I mean you no harm.....but you are standing where I am about to shoot." Classic....true story.

You don't think they have guns? Tell that to the Amish man that sold me the Enfield in .303 British...

I love that!:laugh:

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    i know and work with Amish and they aren't supposed to have guns because they can take lives

I read this entire thread and was surprised no one addressed the OP's statement. I do not own any guns with the intention of taking lives. I do not think the intention of protecting myself and family to be taking lives.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom