• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For the record im not Hating on the Amish thats the farthest thing from my mind just thinking out loud.

I was Browsing my local gun store will not name. and there where 3 Amish men looking at shotguns pumps and double barrels. they were fully Amish had the beards and all, i know and work with Amish and they aren't supposed to have guns because they can take lives there same reason they don't drive.

Today watching TV and the show Amish mafia previews come on "its probably fake" but it gets me thinking. Are Amish arming them self's too are they getting scared of whats to come? :twocents:

Im just asking have anyone else seen Amish in gun stores lately/ever? And we really dont have Amish living around here. please be nice

I grew up around Amish people...and you'd be surprised what some of them own (and shoot) regardless of what their church rules state! I've known them to have guns in hand when people 'come callin' thinkin' they can push them around! In public...they're quite 'complient'...but in private...don't go there...they'll make it hurt!

inrunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Huntington,IN
    I grew up around Amish people...and you'd be surprised what some of them own (and shoot) regardless of what their church rules state! I've known them to have guns in hand when people 'come callin' thinkin' they can push them around! In public...they're quite 'complient'...but in private...don't go there...they'll make it hurt!

I guess the Amish i know are very plain indeed.
    Had know idea, so in the zombie world Amish will still be around.:ar15:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I didn't bother reading this thread but do the Amish use
    these for self defense or just to hunt?

:dunno:

same as any other human. i know hunters who would defend themselves, and people who don't hunt who would shoot mother teresa in the face if she came for the Title.

as far as them not owning guns... laughable. every amish guy i have ever MET has a gun in the home. and i have met thousands, worked with thousands, and have had hundreds in my home. i have two neighbors, within a mile, that own class 3 firearms. legally. just ask the DNR officer who gets called out when they shoot every couple months.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Yeah I never have thought of Amish people as not owning guns. I saw an Amish guy and his son just the other day browsing the gun department at Gander Mountain.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    So let me get this straight, you're saying those people who live in the old ways, as in living off of the land, farming, fishing, and hunting, use tools the likes of which have been around four or five hundred years, to do so? Hmmm...

Greta! Holen sie mir die shrotflinte!

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Two fellers were in desparate need of cash, but admittedly were a bit cowardly. So the one suggested they break into the Amish market. The logic being that since the Amish were non-resistant, even if they were caught, no harm could befall them. Thus they carried out their plot. However, just as they were breaking into the cash register, the owner turned on the lights and confronted them, a shotgun pointed directly at them. Calmly, the Amishman said, Boys, I would never do thee any harm yet you are standing where I am about to shoot.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    over the years have seen plenty of Amish buying plenty of guns at estate auctions. get over to the Shipshe or Nappanee shows... great gun shows by the way... and you'll find plenty buying and selling.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I took a busload of Amish from Grabill to Cabela's in Michigan a couple of weeks ago. A day long trip for 56 men, women, and children. Lots of shopping and buying went on.

They have always owned weapons of various types. Make no mistake about that, they are always ready to defend their property and family.

They are Amish, not Quakers. Don't confuse the two groups.

I have a lot of fun every time I have an Amish charter.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I know a lot of Amish Families from Allen, Dekalb, Wells and Adams Counties. Most of the men are Outdoorsmen. Shoot, fish hunt camp ect. They also have some Butchers that make killer Deer Summer Sausage. They build the most Awsome Deer stands you have ever seen. When they buy a new gun it's looked upon as a tool and they don't buy cheap tools.

MillenniumC5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Wayne County
    I once seen an Amish kid crusing through Hagerstown in his buggy blasting Big Pappa rap music through his subwoofers and smoking cigarettes. Must of been rumspringa!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom