• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A hot take from the Future of Freedom Foundation. So hot you might get burned. No seriously, have some water ready.

B8iBIygCcAA8DJ1.png:large

Context is everything.

The American Sniper Was No Hero - The Future of Freedom Foundation

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No, the article is correct from the standpoint that he was an invader and his enemies were defending their country.

So because the enemy view him as an invader that means he is not an American hero :dunno:

glad you're not the one pinning medals on folks. You'd probably want a statement from the enemy in regards to what happened. I mean, there are two sides to everything.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, the article is correct from the standpoint that he was an invader and his enemies were defending their country.

No, the article, a crock of illogical horse ****, is the wet dream of an ideologue who can't see the reality beyond his ideology. That Bush ordered them to invade Iraq, falsehood or not, is irrelevant. They performed their sworn duties. Kyle performed his by killing those who were trying to kill his fellow soldiers performing their duties.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    No, the article, a crock of illogical horse ****, is the wet dream of an ideologue who can't see the reality beyond his ideology. That Bush ordered them to invade Iraq, falsehood or not, is irrelevant. They performed their sworn duties. Kyle performed his by killing those who were trying to kill his fellow soldiers performing their duties.

+1
    Emphasis mine

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The family and I saw the movie this afternoon. Absolutely outstanding in all respects. Afterward, we were discussing it over dinner. I have come to the conclusion that if today's apologist liberal establishment was around during WWII, it is highly unlikely we ever would have defeated the enemy.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    The family and I saw the movie this afternoon. Absolutely outstanding in all respects. Afterward, we were discussing it over dinner. I have come to the conclusion that if today's apologist liberal establishment was around during WWII, it is highly unlikely we ever would have defeated the enemy.

:yesway:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Saw it tonight. Very moving. I felt guilty moving in my seat during one of the funerals portrayed. What a humbling experience to view it next to so many people sharing the same reverence.

in a way I felt like I was involved in his life to the point I felt uncomfortable. Like he was putting my country ahead of his family and I was sitting there eating popcorn. Humbling.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It sure gives one pause to think that there are those who would make this movie their political battlefield. Would you guess they gain much credibility or numbers of supporters to their cause by nay-saying this very popular movie?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Saw it tonight. Very moving. I felt guilty moving in my seat during one of the funerals portrayed. What a humbling experience to view it next to so many people sharing the same reverence.

in a way I felt like I was involved in his life to the point I felt uncomfortable. Like he was putting my country ahead of his family and I was sitting there eating popcorn. Humbling.

Totally agree about your final sentence especially.
    Watching it, you realize that Chris Kyle and nearly all of those who serve carry on their shoulders a very real sense of duty to their country, a burden that only gets heavier when the weight of family responsibilities is added to it.
    It's amazing that not only do these men stand at all, but that they stand so tall.
    They carry on the tradition of overcoming overwhelming odds that all those since 1776 have done.
    It gives confidence to those of us who otherwise would have a glimmer of doubt that we still have steel in our spines.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom