• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 445supermag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Rising Sun, IN
    I WAS TALKING TO ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS YEASTERDAY HE USED TO BE A HUNTING GIDE FROM THERE. HE IS LOCATED WHERE ALL THE MILION ARIES LIVES. SO HE CAN GET HIS PRICES HE WANTS. I CAN NOT AFORD IT NETHER. I DO LIKE THE SHOW.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Let's keep this thread on track:

american-guns-renee-400x550.jpg

Now you're talking my lingo!

stockmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Maybe they jack up the prices on everything so people won't ago up there and want the same deals . Of course I really need a 700$ dura coat job. Lol

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    That and how everything was badly scripted and acted. I could not bring my self to watch that show any more. Now Sons of Guns seems a bit more realistic.

Both shows I can stomach, as long as I have absolutely nothing to do. The funny thing about them, is not only both shops outrageous pricing, but the fact they conducted business prior to this, in the same manner, and prospered. Now they're getting the extra money from being on TV! I guess it's the American way. :dunno:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    American guns seem to expand on the Sons of Gun concept, and just goes in deep with the gun selling and putting out extreme prices for guns. A guy walks in with an 870 in a hunting config and wants to change it into a HD shotgun. He pays 1500 + for it, just to get a barrel change, longer mag tube, pistol grip/stock combo, side saddle, and flash light.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Ok, I admit that I watch the shows now and then. I find the various weapons interesting and I have seen some weapons that I had never heard of before.
    But on the episode of the OP.
    Did the guy get really hammered on his trade-in or is that about normal?
    I've never traded in a firearm before but that seemed pretty low to me.
    Also do you think the producers help the clients foot the bill for appearing on the show?

I had a couple of guns in excellent condition, maybe 25 rounds shot in each one,then they became safe queens. I took them to a local dealer and he agreed about their condition and offered 60% of their book value,he said most shop will only offer that because they need to make money also. I was also told I could put them in his shop for consignment for 15% of money received for the guns.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    American guns seem to expand on the Sons of Gun concept, and just goes in deep with the gun selling and putting out extreme prices for guns. A guy walks in with an 870 in a hunting config and wants to change it into a HD shotgun. He pays 1500 + for it, just to get a barrel change, longer mag tube, pistol grip/stock combo, side saddle, and flash light.

And you could buy brand new the same gun off the shelf, add the little things to it, and still have the gun you traded for this work, the original (looked good to me) hunting shotgun, and the tactical version for home defense, and have saved $800 or more.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That and how everything was badly scripted and acted. I could not bring my self to watch that show any more. Now Sons of Guns seems a bit more realistic.

WTH? Sons of Guns is the archetype of a ridiculous BS reality show about guns with a cast of fools.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    Sons of Guns was a decent show when it first aired, then I think they realized my wife was watching with me so they trashed the show with all the BS drama. American gun is only good for the daughter page. At least thats why I watch anymore. The father is a retard. His laugh when people fire their guns for the first time and stuff starts blowing up just kills me. He sounds like a 3 year old smashing his new toy.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    The reason I hate sons of guns the most is because they blow up everything. It's not that cool the millionth time and id rather see what the bullet itself does.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    It helps to mute the sound when watching American Guns

The old gal is kind of attractive for an old gal, but I think her eyes are slightly out of alignment or something. It's rather distracting.

Top Bottom