• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911 nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Nothwest In.
    The lack of compassion is terrible! If the guy puts out poisoned food to lure in animals to kill them, instead of keeping his trash cans in the garage to keep animals out of them to me this is just evil!!!

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    What if they had played on my playset 100 times before with no problems, and they felt safe on it,then I greased the playset and did not tell them?
    We have had the dog there with, and with out us, with no issues. We felt safe with letting him out there.
    This is about ownership and doing the right thing. If someone got hurt on my property because of something I maliciously caused, even though it was not directed at them..Yes I would FEEL responsible, as well as probably be legally responsible.
    The whole thing is, it was an accident, but the lack of compassion, and ownership, and respect for our feelings about the dog, is unacceptable.

Exactly! You said it well in one of your previous posts in this thread......."true colors"

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What if this guy kids were playing on your playset and 1 of them broke an arm? Are you responsible? NO. It was an accident and they happen every day. If your that close of friends then go visit the guy w/ a 6 pack and all is great.

Funny you mention that, I've heard stories of bad guys breaking into houses and getting shot, just to turn around and sue the homeowner...

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Hate to bring this up again, but I need to vent. I just got back from the scene of the crime, so to speak. I let the dust settle, and decided to go face to face and see if we could work this out.
    I was very calm and explained to him I would like some help with the vet bill, since I was under the impression that it was safe to have my dog there, as we have a hundred times before.
    I received no response other than "I do not want my insurance to go up". Not- I am sorry, I will think about it, nothing.
    I explained to them both that I was hurt and disappointed about this, that they thought no more of me, than to at least call to see if my dog was dead or alive. I got no answer, which I am sure means...no. I am not a bit impressed with the response but told them to think about it. I am seriously considering small claims court to regain my funds for the vet bill, if they do not come forward here. This obviously shows their true colors with alot of things.
    our dog is doing great and seems to be ok, but I still feel they have some sense of responsibility here.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm glad your dog is doing well, I'm just sorry you had to lose a friend over it. The answer you won't be getting in the next few days will tell you that you need to seek legal action to recoup something for the bills.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow, I forgot about this thread. Thanks for the update.

Most importantly your dog is well, but this definitely shows their true colors. Money means more than friendship for some people.

I still fully believe your "friends" were in the wrong...Apparently that (vet bill) money means more to them than you do.

BTW, sorry if I missed it, but did you give a ballpark as to how much the bill was?

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Yes, I tried to hand them a copy, which I took with me. Did not even want to see it. The bill came to, $193.00, and we have another visit for blood test after meds are finished. I am not going broke over it, it is the principle of it, and the lack of basically any kind of emotion from them other than selfish greed.
    They still did not even ask about the dog! I do not think I would have a hard time re couping my costs here, if it comes to that. At this point, I am not worried about any kind of friendship. I told them I would give them a week to give me an answer, which I doubt I will get.
    The way I see it, they are making my choice here in the long run.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Why would their homeowner's insurance even need to be involved over $193.00?

I was expecting to hear a much bigger number...My buddy's 4 year old found my wallet and flushed seven, twenty dollar bills down my toilet. I was angry at my buddy for not trying to at least offer to pay me back (he's a single Dad that is scraping by, so I wouldn't have accepted the money anyway), but I didn't feel like it was worth losing a friendship over, so I just "forgot" about it.

With that being said, the fact that they didn't even check on your dog would be enough for me to not want associate with them anymore.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I figured it would cost alot more than that, so I am fortunate. I may not even have taken the money if offered (At that time), but it is the principle of the thing that is burning a hole in me.
    I told him it would probably have to come out of his pocket, and told him I would let him think about it, since he just sat staring at the table.
    I was very calm, and reasonable about it and explained how upset I was at their initial reaction, and lack of concern, more so than the cost of it; and still nothing.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Your friend/ex-friend is a leaky colostomy bag.

Let it go and call it a $193 lesson learned.

Disassociate yourself from them and send them both a nice text message instructing them to shove a quarter stick up their bungholes and then jump feet first straight into hell.

No dumbass forgets about poison in their yard and it's ENTIRELY his fault.

Pure total fact.

Glad to read the pup is ok and as said before a lesson learned to what a low class of sub humans your friends really were.

Good riddance.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Your friend/ex-friend is a leaky colostomy bag.

Let it go and call it a $193 lesson learned.

Disassociate yourself from them and send them both a nice text message instructing them to shove a quarter stick up their bungholes and then jump feet first straight into hell.

No dumbass forgets about poison in their yard and it's ENTIRELY his fault.

Pure total fact.

Glad to read the pup is ok and as said before a lesson learned to what a low class of sub humans your friends really were.

Good riddance.

I agree with this, cut your loss and call it a lesson hard learned. Turns out your friends aren't really friends after all, be glad it wasn't your kid who got into the poison or there be hell to pay!

raggedoutcummins77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    morgantown in
    how good of friends were they a good friend would of said i am sorry and man up to it and pay the bill and shake hands and go on like friends would do u must of not had a true friend

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    you could go back over there with a bag of treats and rat killer and giver your dog the treat and there the rat killer. then after thiers eats it just say oh ya i grabbed the wrong bag for the dogs. of course i dont seriously recomend this. but an eye for an eye...right?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    you could go back over there with a bag of treats and rat killer and giver your dog the treat and there the rat killer. then after thiers eats it just say oh ya i grabbed the wrong bag for the dogs. of course i dont seriously recomend this. but an eye for an eye...right?

Stupid idea...stupid...

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    This is the respose I received an hour ago.
    "I had time to think about our talk the other night, and I do not want any hard feelings either.I am sorry for what happened to rebel, but I do not feel I should be finacially liable for him in my back yard. The rodent poison was not intended for him, that is why I hung it five foot on the post. As far as him being unattended out back is, I am sure how he got in it, is not my resposibility. I am sorry he got sick, but asking me to boot the vet bill to me is wrong and if it were me, I would not ask that of you, again I am sorry, and I hope there are no hard feelings, as we are to good of friends, to argue over this. Please understand my point. I truely appologize."

:xmad:

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    This is the respose I received an hour ago.
    "I had time to think about our talk the other night, and I do not want any hard feelings either.I am sorry for what happened to rebel, but I do not feel I should be finacially liable for him in my back yard. The rodent poison was not intended for him, that is why I hung it five foot on the post. As far as him being unattended out back is, I am sure how he got in it, is not my resposibility. I am sorry he got sick, but asking me to boot the vet bill to me is wrong and if it were me, I would not ask that of you, again I am sorry, and I hope there are no hard feelings, as we are to good of friends, to argue over this. Please understand my point. I truely appologize."

:xmad:

if your really that good of friends then just let it go. if it really means that much to you to pursue them paying the vet bill anyway then you risk losing a friend. it sucks but these type of things usually do. however i would not allow yours or their dogs to go to eachothers house if it has the potential of straining a relationship this badly. just my :twocents:

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I have held back on this mostly out of embarrasment...This is actually my girlfiends daughter,and boyfriend. This is why I am having such a hard time with this. I definatly do not want to strain her relationship with her daughter, but feel they are responsible. I should have said this at origional post, but could not bring myself to do it. Sorry for that.
    This is why I fell so strong about this though, because we have had the dog there literally 100 times, so I felt safe letting him out there, and for the same reason I feel he should have mentioned the poison.

Top Bottom