Am I Vulgar for not wanting men in woman's bathrooms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If we are gong to allow the methods being used here (i.e., mob intimidation rather than reason and rule of law) then maybe it's time for a demonstration of the fact that statistically there are more sociopaths than there are mouthy, whiny, delusional *individuals* with no grasp on objective reality.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If we are gong to allow the methods being used here (i.e., mob intimidation rather than reason and rule of law) then maybe it's time for a demonstration of the fact that statistically there are more sociopaths than there are mouthy, whiny, delusional *individuals* with no grasp on objective reality.

That's a good point. If there are more sociopaths who will take advantage of this new social construct than there are people who legitimately have gender identity disorder, the solution to a very tiny problem mostly creates a bigger problem.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's a good point. If there are more sociopaths who will take advantage of this new social construct than there are people who legitimately have gender identity disorder, the solution to a very tiny problem mostly creates a bigger problem.

I was leaning toward the fact that sociopaths often have some remarkably normal and traditional social values, antisocial tendencies notwithstanding. What do you suppose might happen with this becomes a personal problem for one of those violating the sociopath's notions of right and proper.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's remarkable that 0.01% of the population can so easily force the other 99.99% of the country to bend to their will and brand dissenters as bigoted neanderthals.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    When your wife is pregnant and you get ultrasounds to determine the gender, does the doctor say "well they'll decide what they are when they're old enough."? Nope. IMO what it should be is this: what is inbetween your legs? Use the corresponding bathroom. If you used to be a man who had his genitals turned into a females, you get to use the female restroom, and vice versa.

Let the businesses determine their own bathroom rules. This is another subject where government doesn't need to get involved in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was leaning toward the fact that sociopaths often have some remarkably normal and traditional social values, antisocial tendencies notwithstanding. What do you suppose might happen with this becomes a personal problem for one of those violating the sociopath's notions of right and proper.

Well, I'm not an advocate for people solving social problems with violence. Sociopaths attempting to solve social problems with violence tend to push society closer to what they oppose. What exactly did Timothy McVeigh win for his cause? What have abortion clinic bombers achieved for their cause. Instead of people making the connection that the new social construct caused the sociopaths to react, the mob-shamers will just associate all dissenters with the sociopaths.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When your wife is pregnant and you get ultrasounds to determine the gender, does the doctor say "well they'll decide what they are when they're old enough."? Nope.

Let the businesses determine their own bathroom rules. This is another subject where government doesn't need to get involved in.

Government really doesn't have a role in this. But people get to decide whether they agree with it or not, and they get to comment and opine on what rules a business set. And when those rules are controversial, especially when it seems for the sake of being controversial, it's gonna cause people to talk about it on the internet.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

What, precisely, are you suggesting?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's remarkable that 0.01% of the population can so easily force the other 99.99% of the country to bend to their will and brand dissenters as bigoted neanderthals.

Hey now, they are a whopping .02%. give them credit. That extra .01 makes ALL the difference in the world. :laugh:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    0.02%? Really? I knew the number of people with that disorder was really small, but I've never looked it up. If that's true, wow.Ho All this **** over roughly 64000 people in the US? How many trannies do you think actually shop at Target?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    0.02%? Really? I knew the number of people with that disorder was really small, but I've never looked it up. If that's true, wow.Ho All this **** over roughly 64000 people in the US? How many trannies do you think actually shop at Target?

I'd say most. Target is much more trendy and stylish than the *Marts.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, I'm not an advocate for people solving social problems with violence. Sociopaths attempting to solve social problems with violence tend to push society closer to what they oppose. What exactly did Timothy McVeigh win for his cause? What have abortion clinic bombers achieved for their cause. Instead of people making the connection that the new social construct caused the sociopaths to react, the mob-shamers will just associate all dissenters with the sociopaths.

What, precisely, are you suggesting?

Gentlemen, my point is that history is full of unrest which is the product of the fact that people can only tolerate being pushed so far. Most of us 'normal' non-sociopaths can be pushed a much longer way than we should tolerate as he hide our heads under the table hoping for the storm to pass by. Sooner or later, the wrong guy is going to be confronted with some 'woman' named Fred pissing in front of his young daugher, niece, or granddaughter. The present situation is based on the idea that the 'rest' of us are expected to play by Marquis of Queensbury rules with the agitators under no such constraints. The first step in this process is the political explosion of Donald Trump for the same basic reasons. Sooner or later there is a strong probability that this will transition into first a, well, permanent reaction to the aforementioned personal situation moving onward to those most likely to have such reactions asking themselves if the assorted SJWs who specialize in pushing people around can make up their own rules, riot, destroy small business owners for daring to express disagreement with their agenda, then, why should they play by the rules while the other side does not.

Historically people have eventually become sick and tired and the outcome wasn't pretty. The bottom line is that when you deny people alternatives other than to accept being run over, they tend to manufacture their own alternatives. You may not like my outlook on the obvious, but that doesn't change the situation. As with most every such situation, you will start with the most radical and/or unstable elements reacting, some will reflexively denounce it as unacceptable, and others will realize how fed up they really are, and then, it isn't pretty when that happens.

Specifically addressing the question of 'what I am suggesting', then stop and think about this: Meteorologists don't cause bad weather by predicting it. Likewise, I am addressing the elephant in the middle of the room, not causing it. That said, make no mistake: Ignoring a problem or its potential, even likely, consequences will not make either go away. Once again, this is on the way to happening for the same reasons Trump is happening. People are following Trump as a non-establishment, non-owned, non-sellout, his many faults notwithstanding because they see him as their last chance to have the world they know ripped out from under them by a coalition of single-digit-percentage micro-demographics that will settle for nothing less than legislatively and/or judicially enforced acceptance above and beyond equal or even greater rights. There are only so many places in the sticks in Idaho where they can move, and even that won't keep them safe, just move them down the priority list. What do these people do when there is no Trump to vote for? Seriously, WTF do you really think they are going to do?

If there were really any room for good-faith solution finding, civil unions and dedicated restrooms for delusional individuals who don't know whether they are pitching or catching would have solved this problem peacefully. Both have been offered and emphatically rejected by the microminority involved in causing the ruckus.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    21oopdl.jpg

I don't see what all the hoopla is about. :):

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Specifically addressing the question of 'what I am suggesting', then stop and think about this: Meteorologists don't cause bad weather by predicting it. Likewise, I am addressing the elephant in the middle of the room, not causing it.

That's not "addressing", that's support. You don't get to encourage violence and then blame it on the other guy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess I was responding to the words you used, and not the words you meant.

Ok, so. Solutions? The government isn't a viable solution for this. The NC law is misdirected. My congressman can't solve this. And, petition for what, exactly? To make people stop bullying people who disagree with them on social issues? That is a social problem that needs to be solved socially. Solutions? The only one I can think of is to end the tenure system in universities. Get rid of some of these wacked out "professors" teaching x-studies courses. That's where all this **** gets started. ****ing radical leftists who hate Western society divide dissenters and coerce the change they want rather than convincing people to change through compelling and logical arguments.

How is the law misdirected? From what I've read, the law, much like Indiana's gun preemption law, it prevents NC political subdivisions from making laws that force people and businesses from having to play along with this fad. It doesn't prohibit Target from doing what they're doing but it prevents Charlotte, NC from passing an ordinance requiring Hobby Lobby or Chik-fil-a making them do as Target is doing. Of course it's being misrepresented as discriminatory but it seems like a pretty good solution to me.

Top Bottom