Am I Vulgar for not wanting men in woman's bathrooms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are actually some that will get great benefit from this. The lawyers, representing both sides as more problems are being made than solved. The Politicians, who will be able to hire more of their idiot brother in laws and loser nephews to be on tax payer payrolls as some kind of code inspectors. Of course a few contractors might get some work building extra bathrooms. The general public benefit....not so much

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow, a whole lot of significance penned on who potties where. I guess I was wrong, this absolutely is a good use of campaign dollars for the Republican primaries.

The democrats are spending enough if their own resources on these stupid issues as well. They start them and the republicans take the bait and get the derision for bucking the fad. Funny how that works. But it seems to work every single time.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    attachment.php

Shamelessly stolen from another forum.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How does what someone else does in the stall next to you affect how you live your life? What measurable harm are they causing you?

It's not about me being harmed. It's about the left taking baby steps towards social decay at every single possible scenario in our culture. The response is always "hey, this is a tiny thjng, there are bigger things to worry about". Or "why do you hate that person". Or "how does this affect you?"

It must be fought at every level, every instance. We are letting our country be usurped and given away. It needs to stop. There are a billion special interest groups wanting their own little accommodation and I'm just so fed up with it. If you have a penis and want to use the ladies' room, I am not harmed in any way. But how selfish of me and how self-centered would I have to be to only be concerned about issues that directly caused me harm?

America is under attack. We are afraid to fight back for fear of being labeled this or that by everyone. I'm sick of it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So it's NOT about the Target restroom policy? I agree with your points above but the anger about the Target pooper policy does nothing to forward those points. They are too diluted.

The pooper policy is just another example of traditional morality being kicked to the curb to accommodate a micro-minority at the expense of the super-majority.

Make no mistake, I think target can and should do whatever it wants. It's a private company.

If I check female on the census form can I remove myself from selective service?

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    It sounds like you're part of an ideology that didn't like the way it was, brought about change by revolution rather than by natural social evolution, and then denounces the people that didn't don't want that change in the first place. It's exactly how high school determines the next fad. And it's every bit as uncivil.

I'm not opposed to change necessarily. But there needs to be a good reason for it. I don't want to change for the sake of change any more than I want to stay the same for the sake of sameness.

Changing from a society that systemically discriminated against races and cultures was a good reason to change. Changing to accommodate a very few delusional people is just absurdly silly. Mocking us for thinking it's silly may make you popular with the millennials but that's just how high school works. Congratulations to the lefties for figuring out how to make high school social shaming work against adults.

It doesn't matter whether you like change or not.. it's the one constant in the universe... Things change.. for the good, for the bad.. Either adapt or don't.. that is your decision.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It doesn't matter whether you like change or not.. it's the one constant in the universe... Things change.. for the good, for the bad.. Either adapt or don't.. that is your decision.

So, let me get this straight, we are obligated to adapt and conform to any vocal minority that sounds off no matter how asinine or insane their demands may be in the name of change? You consider it proper for ~2% of the population to dictate to the remaining 98% in an ostensibly free society?

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    So, let me get this straight, we are obligated to adapt and conform to any vocal minority that sounds off no matter how asinine or insane their demands may be in the name of change? You consider it proper for ~2% of the population to dictate to the remaining 98% in an ostensibly free society?

Not at all. You do you. Change, don't change.. makes no difference to the rest of the world.. Society will drag you, kicking and screaming if need be, along until your time on this planet is over...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not at all. You do you. Change, don't change.. makes no difference to the rest of the world.. Society will drag you, kicking and screaming if need be, along until your time on this planet is over...

So, for seeing objective reality as it is (i.e., a man≠a woman, at least in biological terms and social accommodation), I should be dragged kicking and screaming into your utopian future by a minuscule minority of people who should be institutionalized?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That sounds like you're misapplying an old cliché. Not sure how old you are but older people generally know better. Change happens naturally or unnaturally. You don't just accept change because it's change, and because change is inevitable. Yes, the world changes. And the fact that things change is inevitable. Exactly what changes is not inevitable. You seem to be more left leaning. If momentum starts to turn back towards the right will you just sit back and accept it because *that* change is inevitable? The social change that's happening now is not from a natural shift of Overton's Window.

As Dave said, we have a vocal minority with a vastly disproportional influence on the direction, magnitude and speed of change. Typically, social change happens gradually because most people won't go beyond what they believe is right and "right" evolves. But a few radicals have discovered how to push change faster and beyond what natural social evolution would have done. So do you think that when you don't like the way the majority of society behaves, you should mob-shame them into behave how you want? And then you (rhetorical "you") call that the kind of "change" that you must adapt to? That's kinda ****ty and disingenuous of the left, don't you think?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

In this case, it's not really society that's dragging anyone. A few vocal radical academic elites have figured out how to drag society. I suspect that the direction they are dragging society meets your approval, and that's likely why you're so willing to get along with this kind of change.

And personally, I don't really care who pees in the women's room. I kinda think that's up to the women who now use the women's room to decide. If women--and I mean a clear majority of them--are okay with trannies pissing in public restrooms with them, okay. Fine. Totally their call--at least it should be.

My biggest objection is the way the argument is being waged. If you disagree with them then you're a racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobe, transphobe, islamapobic knuckle dragging old white stodge. Let's see a logical argument made of it. Exactly what problem does trannies pissing in women's bathrooms solve? If there is an articulable problem, is that a problem that needs solved? Is this the right solution to that problem? Will it cause other problems?

But all I here from proponents is some version of, "stop being so white and so male".

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    It's not about me being harmed. It's about the left taking baby steps towards social decay at every single possible scenario in our culture. The response is always "hey, this is a tiny thjng, there are bigger things to worry about". Or "why do you hate that person". Or "how does this affect you?"

It must be fought at every level, every instance. We are letting our country be usurped and given away. It needs to stop. There are a billion special interest groups wanting their own little accommodation and I'm just so fed up with it. If you have a penis and want to use the ladies' room, I am not harmed in any way. But how selfish of me and how self-centered would I have to be to only be concerned about issues that directly caused me harm?

America is under attack. We are afraid to fight back for fear of being labeled this or that by everyone. I'm sick of it.

Okay, how does it harm you or someone else? You insist that it has to be fought; what harm is done if it's not fought?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I am so SICK of hearing about "The America that was" aka "everything is changing and I don't like it..." That America died a LONG time ago... How about you try to change the America that IS instead of lamenting something you can never get back?

I miss those days, America the way it was when you could buy machine guns, alcohol, and tobacco on your way home from work and nobody cared.:)

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    In this case, it's not really society that's dragging anyone. A few vocal radical academic elites have figured out how to drag society. I suspect that the direction they are dragging society meets your approval, and that's likely why you're so willing to get along with this kind of change.

And personally, I don't really care who pees in the women's room. I kinda think that's up to the women who now use the women's room to decide. If women--and I mean a clear majority of them--are okay with trannies pissing in public restrooms with them, okay. Fine. Totally their call--at least it should be.

My biggest objection is the way the argument is being waged. If you disagree with them then you're a racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobe, transphobe, islamapobic knuckle dragging old white stodge. Let's see a logical argument made of it. Exactly what problem does trannies pissing in women's bathrooms solve? If there is an articulable problem, is that a problem that needs solved? Is this the right solution to that problem? Will it cause other problems?

But all I here from proponents is some version of, "stop being so white and so male".

Actually, what I'm saying is.. if you don't like the direction things are going.. DO something about it.. not cry and moan about it in a political thread on a gun board. I hear lots and lots of tears and keyboard tough guys and not a single solution, or hey, write your congressman or hey, start a petition, or a movement... anyone?? *crickets*

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, how does it harm you or someone else? You insist that it has to be fought; what harm is done if it's not fought?

Why is it an issue that needs addressed? What great societal problem does is this the only solution? And what valuable purpose does calling people vulgar who disagree with it? Is THIS social change necessary at any cost?

As I've said elsewhere, Target is a private company. The bathrooms are part of their property. As far as I know this mostly just affects the women's bathrooms. Probably we should hear from them before any of us gets too bent out of shape either way. If the people who use those bathrooms feel uncomfortable with the new policy I imagine they'll just not shop there if they think they'll need to go to the bathroom while they're there. They sure don't dare to speak out about it or they'll get mob shamed too.

For me, this argument isn't as much about trannies and where they pee but how parts of society--not even a majority of society--seeks social change. Is mob-shaming everyone who doesn't agree with you really how you want social change to happen?

Maybe it causes harm. Maybe having men in a women's restroom makes many women feel uncomfortable. Or, maybe those who feel uncomfortable are indeed a minority of women who use public restrooms. But it's not non-zero and likely, they easily outnumber the very small number people who have gender identity disorder. I'm all for social change that actually makes society better, but this seems to me like it's change to affect other changes that I think are harmful to society.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually, what I'm saying is.. if you don't like the direction things are going.. DO something about it.. not cry and moan about it in a political thread on a gun board. I hear lots and lots of tears and keyboard tough guys and not a single solution, or hey, write your congressman or hey, start a petition, or a movement... anyone?? *crickets*

I guess I was responding to the words you used, and not the words you meant.

Ok, so. Solutions? The government isn't a viable solution for this. The NC law is misdirected. My congressman can't solve this. And, petition for what, exactly? To make people stop bullying people who disagree with them on social issues? That is a social problem that needs to be solved socially. Solutions? The only one I can think of is to end the tenure system in universities. Get rid of some of these wacked out "professors" teaching x-studies courses. That's where all this **** gets started. ****ing radical leftists who hate Western society divide dissenters and coerce the change they want rather than convincing people to change through compelling and logical arguments.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Is mob-shaming everyone who doesn't agree with you really how you want social change to happen?
    Why not? It's the free marketplace of ideas. You put who you are out there on the market, and others decide what they think of it.

As for what it solves? Nothing for me. But if it helps someone else, and doesn't hurt anyone, then I see no reason to oppose it.

Top Bottom