Am I Vulgar for not wanting men in woman's bathrooms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's not about the bathroom. It's about the unending destruction of what America was, and the anger at being raped by the tax code while being told you're a racist, sexist, bigot for trying to live your life.
    So it's NOT about the Target restroom policy? I agree with your points above but the anger about the Target pooper policy does nothing to forward those points. They are too diluted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So it's the "principle" of the matter? Those work out well.

Not so much but I see your point.

It is the fact that as mentioned up thread that politicians are using this as a diversion and it does set them up for the LGBT vote.

My statement stands........Society is turning into "Mush".......The lines between right and wrong that I was raised with have become so blurred.....Just my opinion.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not so much but I see your point.

It is the fact that as mentioned up thread that politicians are using this as a diversion and it does set them up for the LGBT vote.

My statement stands........Society is turning into "Mush".......The lines between right and wrong that I was raised with have become so blurred.....Just my opinion.
    Politicians are reactive. They parrot what we find important. The diversion is OUR fault. We handed it to them. Target wants to do this and you don't agree, fine, avoid the business or at least don't use the John. But we are diverting ourselves. Dems have the LGBT vote without this, they always have (I do know a few gay Republicans so it is a generalization). Right and wrong has always had a blurred line, and that line has never staying in one place. It has never been a constant/absolute. Every generation complains about change.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    It's not about the bathroom. It's about the unending destruction of what America was, and the anger at being raped by the tax code while being told you're a racist, sexist, bigot for trying to live your life.

This is more of a statement towards where we are as a society.
    When a much younger man this would never have even been considered let alone discussed.

+1000 to both of these statements. It shouldn't shock me anymore but still does every new example I see of how far our society has fallen, I do feel we have fallen past the point of no return. I guess Obama wasn't lying back in 2008 when He said they will fundamentally change the United States. The only thing I feel I can do is continue to have a positive effect on my children and hope they can stand strong against those that wish to destroy our good moral traits/foundation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Politicians are reactive. They parrot what we find important. The diversion is OUR fault. We handed it to them. Target wants to do this and you don't agree, fine, avoid the business or at least don't use the John. But we are diverting ourselves. Dems have the LGBT vote without this, they always have (I do know a few gay Republicans so it is a generalization). Right and wrong has always had a blurred line, and that line has never staying in one place. It has never been a constant/absolute. Every generation complains about change.

True to a point.
    Special interest groups are doing the lions share of the "Diverting" and yes, we are standing by and watching.

My point is that there was a day we would not have to address these things.

Truth in the moving lines. I have seen this and some of it is OK. Some is not but again, JMHO

Right wrong or indifferent the special interest make up of society is pushing for the majority to accept life styles and activity's that for the most part we do not agree with. And Yes, we seem to be letting it go on.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I will agree up to a point. Every generation has indeed complained all the way back to our oldest historically recorded civilizations, but we are seeing the first time in history that this process is being deliberately fueled, guided, and manipulated as a political agenda rather than simply happening as a part of the development of the human condition.

The politicians with moist fingers do in fact parrot, but they aren't parroting *us* but rather those deliberately influencing the narrative.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If you let your child of any gender go in any public bathroom unattended, you're doing it wrong. Nothing new here. It's been that way for decades.

If you want to protect your child from sexual abuse, keep your eyes on your family and friends, the most likely suspects.

Have you noticed many men in dresses in the men's room? No? That's because they've been using the women's room for years or avoiding pubic bathrooms entirely.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis

How does what someone else does in the stall next to you affect how you live your life? What measurable harm are they causing you?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    True to a point.
    Special interest groups are doing the lions share of the "Diverting" and yes, we are standing by and watching.

My point is that there was a day we would not have to address these things.

Truth in the moving lines. I have seen this and some of it is OK. Some is not but again, JMHO

Right wrong or indifferent the special interest make up of society is pushing for the majority to accept life styles and activity's that for the most part we do not agree with. And Yes, we seem to be letting it go on.
    Indeed, THESE things. But there were OTHER things that were as "controversial" at the time and people sitting around saying the same thing. "We" is who? Are you sure it's a majority that opposes these "life styles" rather than indifference. Special interests work all sides of an issue.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Indeed, THESE things. But there were OTHER things that were as "controversial" at the time and people sitting around saying the same thing. "We" is who? Are you sure it's a majority that opposes these "life styles" rather than indifference. Special interests work all sides of an issue.

Yes there are always issues. Always a controversy.

Pretty sure the special interests involved here are no majority just based off my personal observations but hey, I have been wrong before.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well here's my :twocents: for what it's worth. The real issue isn't the "fairness" of trannys getting to use the women's room. That's just a stepping stone to the real deal. Women and men can't be truly equal until there is no difference. That's the real issue.

Having separate bathrooms for males and females was a natural cultural evolution for the West. Women and men are biologically different and they are also socially different. Years ago when I attended church, the women's restroom was called "the women's lounge", and it had room for a social space, lot's of mirrors, and then the area for the "business" part of it.

The Men's room was in the basement. It was smaller. It had open urinals and commode stalls without doors. It had small mirrors above the sinks. It was very utilitarian. It was not a social space like the women's lounge. Men go there to pee and poop and, hopefully, wash their hands afterwards. We don't talk to each other much when we use the men's room. It's the place where you can fart loudly and usually no one will say anything about it.

So it's not because of some radical or wrong idea that we evolved socially to have separate bathrooms. But there's no need other than social sensibilities and culture for them to be separate. We can design fixtures that work for both sexes. If, somehow, women become more utilitarian, or men become more social when they use the bathroom, maybe there's a social reason why we can get to a place where we have common restrooms, of course with the necessary changes for biology and privacy. But then that would be as much a social construct as the current social construct.

But what we're seeing now is not a natural evolution. It is a radical revolution in which a minority of radical minded people are coercing the public will by shaming those who are quite comfortable with the current arrangement. The radicals can't wait for society to evolve so they push their social change by feigned accusations of bigotry and unfair discrimination. Having common restrooms isn't really a solution to a problem that society currently has.

But if society does socially evolve to having common public restrooms, a reason to "evolve" is not because the people who oppose it are vulgar. A reason to change to a new social construct is not because the current way is itself a social construct. A reason to change is not to accommodate delusional people. But then the left is just using them to affect the change they really want.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But if society does socially evolve to having common public restrooms, a reason to "evolve" is not because the people who oppose it are vulgar. A reason to change to a new social construct is not because the current way is itself a social construct. A reason to change is not to accommodate delusional people. But then the left is just using them to affect the change they really want.

The Man of the Left does not care what you do, as long as it is mandatory.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I am so SICK of hearing about "The America that was" aka "everything is changing and I don't like it..." That America died a LONG time ago... How about you try to change the America that IS instead of lamenting something you can never get back?

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    As many on this thread have noted, in practicality this is a tiny, minor, wedge issue. Transgendered people have been using their preferred restroom for years and, so long as everybody minds their own business, no one says anything (or likely even notices).

An election year issue ramped up by the SJW's to divert attention from real issues and pander to the their constituency.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am so SICK of hearing about "The America that was" aka "everything is changing and I don't like it..." That America died a LONG time ago... How about you try to change the America that IS instead of lamenting something you can never get back?

It sounds like you're part of an ideology that didn't like the way it was, brought about change by revolution rather than by natural social evolution, and then denounces the people that didn't don't want that change in the first place. It's exactly how high school determines the next fad. And it's every bit as uncivil.

I'm not opposed to change necessarily. But there needs to be a good reason for it. I don't want to change for the sake of change any more than I want to stay the same for the sake of sameness.

Changing from a society that systemically discriminated against races and cultures was a good reason to change. Changing to accommodate a very few delusional people is just absurdly silly. Mocking us for thinking it's silly may make you popular with the millennials but that's just how high school works. Congratulations to the lefties for figuring out how to make high school social shaming work against adults.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I wouldn't let my grandchildren go unaccompanied into any facility. Little kids should not be left to their own devices in this day and age.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow, a whole lot of significance penned on who potties where. I guess I was wrong, this absolutely is a good use of campaign dollars for the Republican primaries.

Top Bottom