Am I Vulgar for not wanting men in woman's bathrooms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Okay after rereading Dave's posts, I've made a similar point before. When you go around ridiculing people as a method to get the change you want, it kinda pisses people off. If you (rhetorical "you") don't want enemies, some of whom are bound to be sociopaths, stop doing **** that makes enemies. It's an indictment of the tactics, not a call for action. Some of those enemies might not be all that stable. That's not condoning violence. It's not encouraging violence. It's advocating that you stop pissing people off to push the change you want, plus a warning that having a pissed off nation is a precursor for violence.

I think I'm on pretty solid ground by saying most of society is more comfortable with having separate bathrooms for both sexes. If some people in society think that should change, ridiculing and marginalizing people might be an effective way to push your societal change but that comes with the natural consequence of creating hostility.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    (Insert hard look) :):

head_up.jpg

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Why?

Because in this country a majority cannot suppress the basic rights and human dignity of a minority, particularly when exercise of those rights harms no one.

Immanuel Kant and John Stuart Mill both mulled the possibility of the tyranny of the majority.
    Who would have thought that those two 19th century men had it all wrong, since 21st century America is under a tyranny of the minority, and that there are people actually perfectly happy with that.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    After being in a few countries where people drop trou and poop in the street (women too), methinks this shouldn't be an issue.

So, you;'re saying that the U.S. should be much more like third world literal ****holes now?
    Well, goody for you.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well, so far we've heard mostly from white men and social justice warriors hell bent on making society what it thinks it should be. What do the women think? I don't think men really care all that much if women use their bathrooms.

Wrongo on that last part.
    I don't think many men will find it easy to keep their stream going if a chick strolls through the door.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, you;'re saying that the U.S. should be much more like third world literal ****holes now?
    Well, goody for you.

Yes goody for me. You've read Kant? Or just quotable quotes?

First world issues are sometimes missing the long view. Shut down services for 2 weeks and this isn't a priority any more, is it?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yes goody for me. You've read Kant? Or just quotable quotes?

First world issues are sometimes missing the long view. Shut down services for 2 weeks and this isn't a priority any more, is it?

I've read and understand him, quite a bit better than you have.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And you would know this....how? Most would not brag that they understand Kant.

You sure have taken a nasty turn on this thread. Obviously, Kant has not sunk in.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    After being in a few countries where people drop trou and poop in the street (women too), methinks this shouldn't be an issue.

So you are advocating that here is the U.S. we should just p**s and s**t in the street?

Let me just roll this grenade into the room… for those who don't have an issue with men sharing the restroom with their wives and daughters, how about the locker room shower? Who would ever abuse that privilege? Ask your female relatives how they feel about that, because isn't that the logical extension of this argument? If you have a penis, use the men's room. If you have a penis and like to wear a dress because you feel like a woman, still use the men's restroom…. JHC, not that difficult.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let me see if I can recap where we're at here... a bunch of people want to exercise their right to free speech to call others freaks and whack jobs, but then think they have a right not to be shamed or ridiculed for saying it. That about covers it?

I sincerely hope you find yourself on the receiving end of your idea of right and proper.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK boys and girls. This is getting edgy.
    Take a break or walk away if you are upset.
    Really want to enjoy the site tonight if you get my drift.....:)

1 and only on this one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

1 and only on this one.

:popcorn:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

1 and only on this one.

We heard you the first time!

1 and only on this one.

:popcorn:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think he was really serious. . .

Boy! I only read this last page and it was descending into facebook dialogue. Safe to say a majority of adults aren't happy with the blithe insistence of a minority that it is totally within the bounds of propriety to expose their young girls and women to the statistical likelihood that at some point a heterosexual male purporting to be a transsexual woman will ogle, molest or rape said young girl or woman in a woman's restroom. It's not an unknown phenomenon now, why encourage it?

Top Bottom