• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Seriously, this needs to go all the way to the school board.

The supernintendo and the principal are only in it for the money.

Take it to the people who only get paid a little, but have a LOT of power. They may actually care.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    It needs to be something we can hide from the teacher We used to do notes then they got them and read them out loud

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Seems to me that the Corydon Junior High School Student Handbook is pretty clear on bullying. From their guidelines:

Bullying, as defined by state law, means repeated acts or gestures including:
    1. verbal or written communications exchanged
    2. physical acts committed
    3. any other behaviors committed by a student or a group of students against another student with the

intent to harass, embarrass, ridicule, humiliate, or harm the other student.

But, to be fair, #3 only seems to apply to STUDENTS...

There's also this:

STAFF:

• Training component: Building counselors will create and present to staff. Presentation will include: Clear definition of bullying behavior, appropriate responses to bullying behavior, explanation of role under recommended guidelines. Counselors will be participants in their own buildings, they will present at other buildings. (It was suggested that perhaps this training occur the first or second teacher contract day of school, when all teachers are together for training.) Community Unity volunteers will be asked to participate in this training and will lead Peace Learning component.
    • Implementation of guidelines: Staff will have lead role under new guidelines. He/she will be asked to monitor and respond to any bullying behavior they witnesses or behavior that is reported to him/her. Explicit requirements are set out in procedural component of student guidelines. Counselors will share resources and will develop monthly discussion topics from use by teachers.

And quite a bit more. Maybe you should print a copy and take it with you to talk to them.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The supernintendo and the principal are only in it for the money.

:D Spellcheck Fail!
    64637_436313885492_12178135492_5744551_5353480_n.jpg

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Guess what! Babysitting actually happens frequently at this stage of our children's lives as many times they are not yet ready for major responsibilities. As a mom of two boys, I would not want them to be on their own waiting for me after practice, as in this scenario. As a coach, I would not want to go away and leave boys to wait for their parents. I would definitely feel responsible for their saftey. Unfortunately, things happen and sometimes we have to wait for other people. If that is a problem, maybe coaching is not for this gentleman, (I use that term loosely).

It is never right for a coach to denigrate those under their charge. Good fun is one thing, but the type of behavior recounted here does not create respectful young men. Kids are brutal to each other. They should not have to be subjected to the same treatment from adults; who by the way are supposed to be a better example. I can't tell you how angry it makes me when adults in positions of authority use said authority to 'put kids in their place'. I am trying to teach my boys to be respectful, mature young men and this stuff does not help. OK, done ranting!

While I believe a face-to-face with the coach is the 'right' way to go for both parties; my cynical side says this is not the best thing to do in this day and age. I think a witness to the conversation is best to keep this from escalating into a 'he said/he said' situation. Definitely involve other parents and the principal. This behavior should not be tolerated.:twocents:

I know in our school disctrict here in PA, every year the school obtains written permission to take and publish photos of our children.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Seems to me that the Corydon Junior High School Student Handbook is pretty clear on bullying. From their guidelines:

Bullying, as defined by state law, means repeated acts or gestures including:
    1. verbal or written communications exchanged
    2. physical acts committed
    3. any other behaviors committed by a student or a group of students against another student with the

intent to harass, embarrass, ridicule, humiliate, or harm the other student.

But, to be fair, #3 only seems to apply to STUDENTS...

There's also this:

STAFF:

• Training component: Building counselors will create and present to staff. Presentation will include: Clear definition of bullying behavior, appropriate responses to bullying behavior, explanation of role under recommended guidelines. Counselors will be participants in their own buildings, they will present at other buildings. (It was suggested that perhaps this training occur the first or second teacher contract day of school, when all teachers are together for training.) Community Unity volunteers will be asked to participate in this training and will lead Peace Learning component.
    • Implementation of guidelines: Staff will have lead role under new guidelines. He/she will be asked to monitor and respond to any bullying behavior they witnesses or behavior that is reported to him/her. Explicit requirements are set out in procedural component of student guidelines. Counselors will share resources and will develop monthly discussion topics from use by teachers.

And quite a bit more. Maybe you should print a copy and take it with you to talk to them.

Yes, and ask the Principal and School Board to make it clear to the students and parents that teachers and coaches are allowed and expected to bully the students.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I agree that sports CAN build character but so does a number of other things. You know, like a job. How many kids can throw a ball through a hoop but have zero skills when it comes to the workplace?

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    He is a bully and needs dealt with acordingly had the same thing happenm last year with a wrestling coach. He was very abusive verbaly to the kids. After a screamming match with him I went to the board and he was removed.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'm appalled by what the "coach" and his assistant did to your son and the other boys.

I won't make a recommendation to you as to any course of action you may choose to take...not my place to do so.

Now if this happened to my son I would wait for the appropriate time when I knew I could have a very private discussion off of school property with the "coach". I firmly believe that two adult mature men can come to agreement on a corrective course of action regarding unappropriate behavior when they have the opportunity to discuss such situations face to face...alone. No need to involve possible video taping or audio recordings or other people. I have found that a vast majority of the time the two adult mature men come away from this course of action with a genuine understanding of one another and the problem never occurs again.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. This coach is sick. You can't talk man-to-man with sick and you can't reason with a fetish or deeply held psychotic tendencies.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    DO NOT LET IT GO. Report it to the principal, AND take it to the school board, AND let them know that ANY retaliation to your son for these actions will result in attorneys. In fact I may even contact an attorney anyway. I would also inform my son on what he is expected to follow from the coach and what he doesn't have to follow. This may cost him a spot on the team. Sorry. If the school won't stop this kind of crap one of the kids could get pushed to the point of breaking. I wouldn't want my son anywhere near there if that happens. What coach needs is to be suspended or fired. I might even call the local media and report it to them. I would not let it go.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. This coach is sick. You can't talk man-to-man with sick and you can't reason with a fetish or deeply held psychotic tendencies.

Actually, I was speaking old school...as in out behind the woodshed face to face "discussion". Removing the "vail of civility" what I was saying was I would beat his a$$ so bad he would forever remember the point of my "discussion" with him.

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    You handled it better than me don't know if I would have your self control but would definety contact the principal and school board.

Top Bottom