• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Breaking News on OBL - PLEASE READ

Happening right now as you read this......

It has been confirmed......

HE IS FISH FOOD and the crabs are tearing his body apart, and is still very DEAD!:rockwoot:

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    If the seal team really wanted to do more they should have chopped him into little pieces and sold him on ebay. Then donate the money to 9-11 survivors.:D

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Shoulda woulda coulsa

Should have stuffed a smokie link in his rump, dunked him in a cool vat of lard and then hit him with the ww2 flame thrower.

B4 they shot him and right after they let a dog rump wrestle him. Just a little taste of what the people on the WTC went through.:xmad:

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    I posted this in the survival and preparedness forum as a new target. It's my take on Osama's burial at sea:
    picture.php

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    They said that bin Laden's son was also killed by the seals. It possibly could be him that they took the DNA from and his body they suspiciously buried at sea. I wonder what happened to the rest of the bodies from that raid.

hoosier_gooner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    There would be no shrine

Lecture time dear students.

The point was raised that this would lead to his tomb being glorified, making him appear like a saint. I'm not sure this would be the case. In fact I think Osama bin Laden already has the status among his followers of him being a strong leader by being the man who in their view killed and now died for God. Burying him on land would not have changed that and to suggest that his burial plot would become a "shrine" for would be al-Qeada youth misses a basic theological concept of Salafi / Wahhabism that is well documented in history. That is that the followers of this Sunni school hold the shahadah (Islamic proclamation of faith - no God but Allah and Mohammad is his prophet), like everything else in the faith, in its absolute and literal interpretation--no room for debate (like so literal that in the 1950s when the Saudi gov't opened a television station in the kingdom, these guys killed a Saudi Prince and his posse who were involved in opening the tv station--the validation was that there was no tv in during the time of the prophet Mohammad so they did not permit them to plague the community with that blasted vile machine--yeah, thats the kind of people you're dealing with and its important to differentiate them from the normal Muslims who want Levi's, McDonalds and dare I say it... jobs)

In the view of Salafiism (extremist sunni doctrine, think al-Qeada, Muslim Brotherhood and the like), it is blasphemous to create a shrine to a mortal man, especially OBL's. James Wynbrandt and Fawaz A. Gerges go into this with some detail in their novel, A Brief History of Saudi Arabia. In the 18th century, the followers of Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (the father of modern day Salafi / Wahhabism) destroyed all the tombs of the great Muslim leaders after conquering the Najd (Arabian Highlands) and gaining control over the Holy cities of Mecca and Medina in the coastal province of Hejaz. It was a common practice for Muslims, especially during the Hajj (pilgrimage) to pay not only respect, but pray at the grave sites of the deceased Muslim leaders of the past.

This practice, however, came to an abrupt end once the Salafi / Wahhabi tribes conquered and unified most of modern day Saudi Arabia under control of the first Kingdom of al-Saud. Rivalries between the Sunni school of Salafi / Wahhabism and the Shia schools have remained tense due to the further destruction of Shia graves by Salafi tribes conquering parts of Iraq (still 18t century ear) under the same claims of blasphemy.

In my honest opinion the whole "it'll be turned to a shrine" thing is a scapegoat, a house of cards excuse, that anyone who reads a couple of introductory to modern Middle East history books could see through. Either that or there are some pretty naive people working as Mideast analysts in gov't and they need to pay me some big bucks to do their workload.

Ironically, had US Forces actually buried bin Laden on land, with his head pointing towards the Kaaba in Mecca (as is Islamic tradition), it likely would not have had the consequence that they had aimed at avoiding; that being to minimize copycat violent jihadists. However, the fact that the burial was carried out the way it was has actually created a rallying call for radicalism. If you're paying attention to the news reports from the Middle East and all the pissed off clerics not only in the ultra conservative Sunni sect of Hanbaliism and its stricter Salafi / Wahhabism sects, but in the more moderate Sunni schools of Hanafiism, Malakiism and the various Shiaa sects, there is a pretty good consensus that it was a violation of Islamic burial rites to bury the guy at sea and its created a bit of a rallying call, even for the moderate Muslims that have been victimized by these extremist jerkoffs. It essentially backfired and I'm not surprised.

and yes, I know I rock :rockwoot:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Lecture time dear students.

The point was raised that this would lead to his tomb being glorified, making him appear like a saint. I'm not sure this would be the case. In fact I think Osama bin Laden already has the status among his followers of him being a strong leader by being the man who in their view killed and now died for God. Burying him on land would not have changed that and to suggest that his burial plot would become a "shrine" for would be al-Qeada youth misses a basic theological concept of Salafi / Wahhabism that is well documented in history. That is that the followers of this Sunni school hold the shahadah (Islamic proclamation of faith - no God but Allah and Mohammad is his prophet), like everything else in the faith, in its absolute and literal interpretation--no room for debate (like so literal that in the 1950s when the Saudi gov't opened a television station in the kingdom, these guys killed a Saudi Prince and his posse who were involved in opening the tv station--the validation was that there was no tv in during the time of the prophet Mohammad so they did not permit them to plague the community with that blasted vile machine--yeah, thats the kind of people you're dealing with and its important to differentiate them from the normal Muslims who want Levi's, McDonalds and dare I say it... jobs)

In the view of Salafiism (extremist sunni doctrine, think al-Qeada, Muslim Brotherhood and the like), it is blasphemous to create a shrine to a mortal man, especially OBL's. James Wynbrandt and Fawaz A. Gerges go into this with some detail in their novel, A Brief History of Saudi Arabia. In the 18th century, the followers of Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (the father of modern day Salafi / Wahhabism) destroyed all the tombs of the great Muslim leaders after conquering the Najd (Arabian Highlands) and gaining control over the Holy cities of Mecca and Medina in the coastal province of Hejaz. It was a common practice for Muslims, especially during the Hajj (pilgrimage) to pay not only respect, but pray at the grave sites of the deceased Muslim leaders of the past.

This practice, however, came to an abrupt end once the Salafi / Wahhabi tribes conquered and unified most of modern day Saudi Arabia under control of the first Kingdom of al-Saud. Rivalries between the Sunni school of Salafi / Wahhabism and the Shia schools have remained tense due to the further destruction of Shia graves by Salafi tribes conquering parts of Iraq (still 18t century ear) under the same claims of blasphemy.

In my honest opinion the whole "it'll be turned to a shrine" thing is a scapegoat, a house of cards excuse, that anyone who reads a couple of introductory to modern Middle East history books could see through. Either that or there are some pretty naive people working as Mideast analysts in gov't and they need to pay me some big bucks to do their workload.

Ironically, had US Forces actually buried bin Laden on land, with his head pointing towards the Kaaba in Mecca (as is Islamic tradition), it likely would not have had the consequence that they had aimed at avoiding; that being to minimize copycat violent jihadists. However, the fact that the burial was carried out the way it was has actually created a rallying call for radicalism. If you're paying attention to the news reports from the Middle East and all the pissed off clerics not only in the ultra conservative Sunni sect of Hanbaliism and its stricter Salafi / Wahhabism sects, but in the more moderate Sunni schools of Hanafiism, Malakiism and the various Shiaa sects, there is a pretty good consensus that it was a violation of Islamic burial rites to bury the guy at sea and its created a bit of a rallying call, even for the moderate Muslims that have been victimized by these extremist jerkoffs. It essentially backfired and I'm not surprised.

and yes, I know I rock :rockwoot:

Good post...lacking in humility, but good post. :yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Okay , maybe his grave wouldn't have become a shrine. They would have still ended up ticked off when there was a constant stream of Americans making a pilgrimage to his grave to pee on him or drop a load. Heck, some of us may have even dug him up first, to make it more up close and personal.

pgw0321321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Camby, IN
    They should have stuck a pulled pork sandwich in his mouth before dumping overboard, how can he service 72 virgins on an empty stomach.
    Aw, shucks out of 72 guys, one of them must know how to cook ;)

Top Bottom