• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We'll know if he's dead based on the reaction of the Islamic faithful.

However, I think it's all kind of weird too.

When we got Sadaam's kids, they released pics of the bodies. When we got sadaam, there was pics and video, there's even a video of him swinging.

I'm willing to accept it at face value, because, why lie? It's just weird is all. I think it could have been handled much better and differently.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que I understand what you're saying in both of your posts, but the fact is none of it makes sense. I don't think I'll ever be accused of being a "conspiracy theorist" but I don't understand this. We've spent 10 years looking for this guy, worrying about this guy, and then finally catching him. They know this is a moral victory for the citizens of this country. Why would they just make the announcement and dump him in the ocean in less than 12 hours? They buried him before most folks even knew he was dead due to the late timing of the announcement on a Sunday night. I guess it's still early and they will probably release more evidence or pictures though.

Edit: I'm hearing they killed him yesterday, and I'm hearing they killed him a week ago. I'm also hearing that DNA confirmed it's him, and I'm hearing they don't have the results back yet. Maybe I'll just shut up and let the details unfold. I'm sure it'll make more sense then.

I understand what you are saying. However, "details" are coming from many sources, along with the spin the media puts on it, just to increase their ratings and viewership. All of us can hear several things, but no matter what, we will never be absolutely sure. How can we? The ability of today's technology allows speculation to run rampant. The bottom line is, my enemy is dead. Even though I don't rejoice in the death of the wicked, still I say, pass the bacon.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think the only ones still saying a week ago are people on here :D
    BHO just gave the green light on Friday according to the talking heads. Killed yesterday. DNA results back today sometime.

It always makes me wonder why we need permission from the White House to conduct these Ops.

Technology is a blessing and a curse. Info sharing is great, micro-management is not.

ryan3326

Marksman
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I guess I don't see the problem with it. News said the as immediately photo ID'ed and they certainly took plenty of DNA to confirm scientifically. By dumping him in the ocean - there will never be a "mecca" sort of place for the radicals to honor him at.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It always makes me wonder why we need permission from the White House to conduct these Ops.

Technology is a blessing and a curse. Info sharing is great, micro-management is not.

Yeah, for UBL the standing order from me would have been, you have a shot, take it. I will try to clean up the mess afterward.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We'll know if he's dead based on the reaction of the Islamic faithful.

However, I think it's all kind of weird too.

When we got Sadaam's kids, they released pics of the bodies. When we got sadaam, there was pics and video, there's even a video of him swinging.

I'm willing to accept it at face value, because, why lie? It's just weird is all. I think it could have been handled much better and differently.

We have a more sensitive to the group from which he arose, administration now.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    No I don't like it .
    I understand the martyrdom aspect .
    Why not bring home the corpse allow a bunch of eyewitness then bury at sea or cremate and spread ashes in undisclosed area .
    Same as was done with I think Hermann Goering .

We have been lied to so much in the last 30 to 40 years by the Feds .
    Why not now ?

Pictures can and are altered with the tech we posses ... hell you can't believe what you see as far as a picture or video . Just look around the net .

Well it does not matter this is the story and they're sticking to it ... oh as for the service men that did or did not do the raid .... they can be given direct orders not to talk about it if asked and that way the official story is the one that is .

Thanks
    Duncan

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I am not sure I really care either way. I am not dumb enough to think this is the end of AQ, or patriotic enough to be all "GO AMERICA YOU GOT HIM!" < As if this was our first chance to do so...>.

It gets a huge "MEH" from me. I could care less where they buried him.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Good god, some of you guys should relax. We killed him, he's dead. Regardless of how you feel about Obamas politics, is this really the time to turn our victory in to more Obama bashing??? Give it a day or too. And no way did making his body fish food **** on the dead in 9-11 or the soldiers who died in our war on terror. That's just a ridiculous statement. I think some peoples hatred of our presidents politics makes them blind to what should be a time to celebrate, regardless of political affiliation.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think the only ones still saying a week ago are people on here :D
    BHO just gave the green light on Friday according to the talking heads. Killed yesterday. DNA results back today sometime.

This is the way I understand it too. As far as the burial at sea I heard that in Islam the body must be buried within 24 hours after death and they also didn't want him buried somewhere that could be turned into a shrine. It's all still supposition, I suppose... ;)

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010

This was an armed military operation by U.S. troops in a foriegn nation. I can understand why this would be authorized from the commander in chief. This does not equate to being "micromanaged" from Washington. Had that been the case, it would likely not have been a successful mission.

I too am somewhat disappointed by the disposal of the body at sea, but think of the mess we'd have if the body was at, say Dover AFB. Some of these pro-terrorism countries would be lobbying to receive the remains. We did it and we disposed of his body and no one else has anything in this.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    It is widely known that SEAL teams frequently operate out of submarines.

I just hope that "burial at sea" means they stuffed his corpse in a torpedo and blew him to millions of pieces of fish food.

My guess is they had sufficient evidence of identity and the most "neutral" disposal location was the sea. Can you imagine the backlash if they would have brought his body back to the USA? Do you really think any other foreign country would accept his body?

No matter what the outcome was, people would find something to complain about.

Let's just be happy this mission was accomplished.

Last edited:

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Surley obama would take the time to make sure it was him. He wouldn't pull a Bush and invade iraq looking for WMD's and calling it a "Success"

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I wonder if I will get a device on my GWoT ribbon now...

ribbon.jpg

Personally I think the turn around time from dead to dunked is crap. All it's going to do is leave the door open for people to say he isn't dead. Yeah, it sucks for the dead guy, but at least release some video, pics, something other than. "He is dead, we got him, and the body is gone so you'll have to take our word on it"

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im still flying my **** you to terrorist middle finger flag today, and im still gonna be happy he is dead, but once again obama shows he is a idiot and caters to our enemies, because he is one of them.

also im sure they knew a long time ago where he was. obama just waited till it was politically right for him to grease his brother osama

Top Bottom