• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Well, I just bought a VVG shape Oneida Strike Eagle from a coworker.
    Might try to convert it to Aeroforce cams and 5150 skeletonized outers.
    Maybe just go with Aeroforce outers, if I can find good parts cheap.

I had a Strike Eagle when they first came out, ran it at 84# and launched 2317's from it. Was a beast :)

This just a wussy 70# max rig. Try to mod for 50% letoff though, see what the tech guys at another site have to say.
    Tear it all apart tomorrow after work. They look a bit intimidating and some shops refuse to work on them, but they aint bad, are just different.
    Man do they draw smoooooooooooth.

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Indoor archery range?

What is the distance needed for an indoor archery range? We have a warehouse that I am thinking would make a great practice range.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Does anyone know of any 3-D bow shoots in the Terre Haute area? I usually shoot them every sunday at home near Ferdinand but i'm back in TH for the school year and looking to shoot.

If you are willing to drive the 2 hours, there are some in the newton/jasper county area. Get a hold of Riverside Archery (Formerly George's) in Sumava Resorts. They have a shooting team and would know of something possibly down your way.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have SS screws in the one lower pylon, they look like crap. Ordered a bunch of Torx black oxide ones, to redo all of mine and those on my cousin's Screaming Eagle bowfishing rig. If you are gonna have one, and ever work on it...........ditch the crappy Allen type and get Torx.

Was gonna camo it and just said scew it, went with kinda sorta old school color scheme. Felt the sight window tonight and see where my bud is on my plate to attach a Mathews T 5 quiver to it. Pape's doesn't carry GK rests anymore LOL. So off to see if Lancaster has 'em.

001.JPG

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Thanks, the riser is even in sheen after a couple coats of clear. The black however has some differing spots.
    I figure I can try to buff them slightly to even them out, or add lettering and maybe try for a more even final coat.
    It was a bit of a PITA, didn't come out perfect but good enough I know when to say "when" and not risk messing it up for such minimal possible improvement.

In the end, it's still just a Strike Eagle, not a Black Eagle or LFM.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    My go to setup...
    ab5pbt.jpg

Also, a little reminder and my "tally board" for the bow :D
    35044dc.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Well crap, I got some .340 spine carbons for the Oneida. They're showing weak at 63# and 29" draw.
    I backed it to 55# and it showed tolerable paper tears.
    But at 65% letoff and 55#.................it's a bit too picky for my 3 finger release (even with a tab I like about 25lbs on my 3 fingers).

So.............I need a short draw Oneida, which would hit 28" or maybe a little more.

Or fab draw stops on this one and cut my arrows a wee bit shorter.

or get .300 spine

or just say screw it and sell it, get a Black Eagle. Am thinking the latter is the best way to go.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Picked out my new bow tonight, 2013 Hoyt Charger in white camo, at Archer's Spot near Bloomfield.

They already had the new Hoyt Faktor in and I shot it, but couldn't justify the price difference when this one was on sale and I'm still pretty new to archery.

Now to figure out what sight, rest and stabilizer I want.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I think I might get another old metal Blackwidow..........a little more # than I want but less than my current one.
    Must be coming down with something................. ;)

Well Hell, if the deer hunting sucks I might as well enjoy farting around with old bent chunks of lumber (affixed to alloy risers of course).

SeaseFire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Plainfield
    @Hickman -- Love my Hoyt (2011 Rampage). I use a 5 pin Truglo sight and Trophy Ridge whisker biscuit. I have friends who hate the whisker biscuits, but I haven't had any problems with mine. Happy bow hunting!

Sinco0214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Well I was bored last night and watched an infomercial about the bow mag. Anyone try it yet and is it worth the money?

Top Bottom