• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    Hey Crossbow, my go to guy for compounds is Tom Rothrock at Lonesome Elk Archery a few miles north of Terre Haute. I'm not sure if he does much with traditional stuff or not but at the least he would be able to point you in the right direction. Another option is Dead End Archery in Hillsboro, In. I know Mark Meadows the owner hunts with traditional equipment and is also a nice guy to deal with. I don't ever recall seeing any traditional stuff in his shop but I guess I never really looked for it either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hey Crossbow, my go to guy for compounds is Tom Rothrock at Lonesome Elk Archery a few miles north of Terre Haute. I'm not sure if he does much with traditional stuff or not but at the least he would be able to point you in the right direction. Another option is Dead End Archery in Hillsboro, In. I know Mark Meadows the owner hunts with traditional equipment and is also a nice guy to deal with. I don't ever recall seeing any traditional stuff in his shop but I guess I never really looked for it either.

:yesway: Great Advice! This shop is small, but the guys are great and they will have EVERYTHING you may need. It's all about bows there.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    3Rivers is one of the largest traditional supply stores in the country. They are located just North of Fort Wayne and are great people to talk to. Check out their website. It can help if you are just getting into traditional archery. I have been into it for a very long time and if I can help just shoot me a private message.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    :yesway: for 3R !

For mid to upper end used gear you can look at rmsgear.com

Only Trad forum I can recommend (only know of a few) is Tradtalk, they have a classified section. Been to a couple of others, mods and general idol worship attitude sucked.

Last edited:

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Hey Crossbow, my go to guy for compounds is Tom Rothrock at Lonesome Elk Archery a few miles north of Terre Haute. I'm not sure if he does much with traditional stuff or not but at the least he would be able to point you in the right direction.

Lonesome Elk Archery. Thats the little shop/house and garage that sits on the S bend on Head road?? I hunt property on the backside of there and always drive right by it but it never looks open. Ive always wanted to stop in and look. Do you know if he has set times and deals with Hoyts?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Lonesome Elk Archery. Thats the little shop/house and garage that sits on the S bend on Head road?? I hunt property on the backside of there and always drive right by it but it never looks open. Ive always wanted to stop in and look. Do you know if he has set times and deals with Hoyts?

yes thats the one and i've seen hoyts there. I've only been in there a couple times but the shop is bigger than it seems and the guys are great!

4323 E Head Ave Terre Haute, IN 47805
    (812) 466-2391

Last edited:

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    You cant forget petes archery which is located in my driveway here in linton. We are just a small shop but between my father and i we have alot of tournament and hunting expirience to help put ya on the right track

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    St. Anthony Conservation Club is hosting our second annual archery shoot on May 4th. We had a great turn out last year even with the crappy weather, over 100 shooters from 4 different states. Many vendors attending and food and drinks will be available.

https://www.facebook.com/events/352107288227835/

:yesway: This is a great Bow shoot! I will be there again this year as well as the others at Sugar Ridge, Branchville, Patoka Lake, and Beaver.

The St. Anthony shoot is better than all others though since they have vendors, raffles, etc. its a great day long event!

jrogers88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    linton
    I'll probably go to Cloverdale in June.

Not a fan of waiting behind the blabberin' bino/'brella clowns.

Now dont be talkin bout me like that lol. For little local shoots i leave the brella at home and if i need it just have somebody hold their hat up for a sun shield. Now larger shoots like triple crown,asa,or world you bet i break out the golf umbrella and i use my allotted time

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    More info on the shoot this Saturday

On May 4th 2013, the St. Anthony Conservation Club is having it’s second annual 3D archery match for the novice or expert archer of all ages who use any archery equipment.

Included events, 30 target 3D shoot with targets provided by Broken Arrow Archery Club. All 3D shooters can be registered to win a food plot package. Target shooting for prizes and half pot. Bow raffle and several other on site giveaways!

Official Pope and Young scorer on site, bring your mounts for a free score! Activities for both the ...archer and non archer, including over a dozen outdoorsmen product displays and DNR representatives. Breakfast sandwiches, burgers, drinks and more available.

3D registration from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. All other activities until 4:30 p.m., all times EST.

All archery equipment, including long bow, recurve, and compound are welcome. All ages are welcome!
    For more info call 812-630-1670 or 812-631-3426

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Got it, yanked all the prev owner's tuning stuff off. Not thrilled with the string, usable but I think I'll order a new one. Dark and wet, I just shot it outside a half hr ago. Yup, it's got the old Widow feel. Dang zippy with my 530 gr GT55/75.

They're weighted for my Dorado that's closer to centershot. I added a toothpick under the sideplate on this HS to push it out a bit, help shoot the Dorado's arrows.

If it checks OK I can run 1 arrow for both bows. If not I'll make the HS more centershot and just make the same arrows minus one 50 gr brass weight. Should get it right in there.

Nice to own another BW. Always wanted an HS, never even held one, just saw 'em in the catalogues way back. Magnesium handle, big and blocky.............it's not as refined as their new stuff. But it's cool old school and I dig it.

Pics tomorrow :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'll get a new string, add Wooly Whispers and make a quiver from Kydex.
    It sure zips a 530 gr arrow. Old bow, pretty impressive.
    And...............I aint the boy i used to be. Had a 62# MA2 made in '87 and shot that thing for years, a lot.
    Don't have the stuff anymore LOL.

Not even tuned to my pref and it's a keeper. Took a chance on the old gal, had never shot one before.
    Only exp was with wooden BW's.

picture.php

Top Bottom