• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Changing colors/patterns is expensive but there are places that will do it.
    Tarjac does film dipping and some places do Duracoating if wanting solid colors (mix n match too).
    There is yet another place that does custom anodizing of aluminum parts, impressive stuff, but probably the most expensive. Of course I can't remember their name, saw them at the ATA show a few yrs ago.......think it was "artistic plating" (gee just yanked that from the vault). Something like that anyway.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Changing colors/patterns is expensive but there are places that will do it.
    Tarjac does film dipping and some places do Duracoating if wanting solid colors (mix n match too).
    There is yet another place that does custom anodizing of aluminum parts, impressive stuff, but probably the most expensive. Of course I can't remember their name, saw them at the ATA show a few yrs ago.......think it was "artistic plating" (gee just yanked that from the vault). Something like that anyway.

I would LOVE to pay for a custom dip job, I've seen some amazing colors and designs, like the bowfishing bow back several pages on here. But, can't see paying that amount of money right now. The manufacturers, including the clothing ones could really capitalize on more customization for women as we LOVE color and will buy more. (Yes I've seen all the current offerings, some are better than say even 5 years ago, but they are still lacking and expect you to be a size 2, which I am not) Maybe if I win the powerball I'll start my own company lol.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    How often do you guys get new bows? The last bow I bought was a mission x5. It still works great, and I don't have plans on upgrading. Just wondered about other guys. I should say that I will upgrade sights or a rest or new arrows alternating years.

I dont trade bows to often,I know some do every year but I think its pointless. Unless they come up with something my bow wont do, I'll stick with mt SuperTec til it falls apart,its short,fast and accurate.What else could you need?
    Plus I'm retired and dont have the money to throw away on another bow.LOL
    I use to shoot NFAA and I shot my Pro Medalist for 15 yrs. When you find something you like and it works hard to switch.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Pointless?
    Testing new gear is fun, and sometimes there are gains in performance/shootability in different models.
    With the changes yearly in the archery industry, one would lose their arse if buying new every year, as depreciation is HUGE.
    But one could buy a like new used rig every yr and save a ton of money..........you know, let their buddy who has to have the latest and greatest take the hit :)
    I don't have such freinds, but even on my meager budget get at least one new bow a yr (avg). But then I drive a beater truck.
    This yr I'll probably get a Hoyt Dorado at a minimum. If a job change order a new Blackwidow too :)

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    heres a few of my toys
    120_2198.jpg

shot compounds for over two decades then decided to up the fun and challenge

OK, you have got to be on tradgang. I feel like I'm having dejavu with your bow rack.

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    I used to be. Ive found better trad sites to relate to though. I actually got banned by terry green on TG for postin pics of my voodoo kustom longbow. lol

I hang out at AT's trad forum, pirates of archery,leatherwall,tradrag

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Who is getting dialed in for turkeys....

.....besides me.:D
    I have been shooting now that the weather has warmed up. I am ready for turkeys. Bring it on. Who else is with me?
    My equipment will be:
    Mathews DXT @ 55# 28" draw.
    Spott Hogg Hunter Hogg It sight,
    55/75 Pro Hunter Carbon Arrows
    Grim Reaper 100 gr. broadheads
    TruBall Short-n-Sweet release
    Double Bull T2 blind
    DSD hen decoy
    A variety of calls including; box, slate, glass, and mouth.
    What will you guys be using?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Hoyt Dorado 50#
    Great Northern strap on bow quiver
    Gold tip 55/75 XT's with 125gr Magnus Stinger 4 blades (w 100 gr added)
    KP300 tab
    MAD double reed
    HS flex hen

Or my 1100 magnum w WW HV 4's.

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    Make shift target stop

I was at my local Target store tonight. They had foam snow sleds on clearance sale. 70% off made a round foam saucer sled $2. These make great arrow stops. The kids and I shot one up tonight. Worked GREAT. FYI

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    "Hello windingwinds it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"-The message on my screen this morning.

My answer:Why should I when the subject I love most still does not have a forum? (Archery) Not sure why I visited this a.m. to be honest. And there is always the difficulty in posting pictures, I prefer not to have yet another account to remember passwords on.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Trapperdave,

"Patience" is way cool. My hunting partner has been hunting with the same homemade osage selfbow for over 20 years. Over that time, I can't tell you how many people told him to bring a backup bow because his self bow was sure to come apart soon.

After reading your post and realizing my mind works in strange ways, I keep thinking of an old t-shirt that had two buzzards on it and said "Patience my a** we're going to kill something"!

Top Bottom