• Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just found this Thread!

I was unsuccessful this year although I had some terrific hunts with some great friends.

Here is an obligatory pic of my setup:

Look forward to hanging out here more often!

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Does anybody know of any good places in the New Albany area to get my arrows fletching redone?

I bought a dozen Maxim Hunter 250 arrows, and within a month, the flecthing on 8 of them as torn, or completely ripped off. I found the problem to my Whisker Biscuit arrow rest, so it has been replaced, and I have had no problems since.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Does anybody know of any good places in the New Albany area to get my arrows fletching redone?

I bought a dozen Maxim Hunter 250 arrows, and within a month, the flecthing on 8 of them as torn, or completely ripped off. I found the problem to my Whisker Biscuit arrow rest, so it has been replaced, and I have had no problems since.

Seriously? You blame it on on your biscuit? I've heard people say that. I've been shooting a biscuit for at least 11 years and havent had any issues with fletching coming off. or even starting to come off. I would have to say the glue on your fletching or just a bad job on the fletching to start with is the real problem.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like you are dialed in.
    I was unsuccessful this year too.
    Good looking set up. What is it?

Hoyt Alphamax 35 with Fuse quiver and stabilizer, Axel Armortech 5-pin sight, Ripcord rest, and (now) CarbonTech Rhinos tipped with 125gr Slick Trick Grizztricks; half fletched with 3" Fusion vanes and half FOB'd.

(Pictured arrows are Easton FMJ. *I* hated them, YMMV.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Archery definitely needs its own thread. Got my first archery buck this year. It was nothing to write home about but still very exciting. Love being in the woods during early archery with a lot less other hunters. I find most archery hunters are more considerate of other hunters than during the gun season.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Does anyone know anything about Browning compound bows from the early to mid 90's. I have one that I got used, aprox '94-'95ish. It has a purple and black aluminum riser, Riser and limbs are very similar in apearence to the Micro Midas 3, but has much smaller cams. I think it may be the first Micro Midas but a can't find much info about browning bows from the 90's.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    Looks like a good time On April 20-22 2012! Read all the posts, but could someone be allowed to take a bow and possibly sell like the gun shows? Just wondering I have 1 to sell and get a new one........

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Keller...wow

How many of you guys are using the Keller Pendulum sights on your bow? I have used them forever and love them. No guessing any yardage is just the bomb!

That is a sight I have not heard of since I worked in an archery shop 10 years ago. The owner swore by them, while he had a savage pendulum on his own bow. Hmm.
    I tried the Keller for a few days. I couldn't quite get it dialed in, and the lack of fiber optics bothered me a lot. I have been away from shop work and "the latest thing" for about 10 years, do they still make Kellers?

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    How often do you guys get new bows? The last bow I bought was a mission x5. It still works great, and I don't have plans on upgrading. Just wondered about other guys. I should say that I will upgrade sights or a rest or new arrows alternating years.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I used to get at least one new bow a yr.
    Ran my Tradtech recurve the last 2 (just sold it-nice bow).
    Will get two bows this yr (Hoyt Dorado riser with other ILF limbs and a custom riser for another set of ILF limbs). Might do a 5150 conversion to an Oneida too :)

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I have never bought a "new" bow, I got my first bow when I was 5, it was a Bear Panda. Im not sure where my dad got it. My second bow, and first hunting bow was a Bear Cub with a 40# draw, that my cousin started hunting with and my Uncle gave to me. My third bow was a Browning that I got from a pawn shop and hunted with for 14 years, And last year I bought a 2-year old PSE from a guy I work with.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Guess this is our "corner" for archery, though hard to follow threads.
    I am going to get my Razors edge a new string and use it again this year, will be my 2nd. Considered a Jewel, but even with their customizing, they don't offer the colors I want so why change what already works?

Top Bottom