• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Youth Archery League

Not sure If this is allowed, but if it is not My apologies in advance.

I Am A coach with a youth archery league in Porter county We are looking for new members to shoot in the indoor winter league. This is a J.O.A.D (Junior Olympic Archery Development) And it is geared towards kids. Adults are encouraged to shoot with their children, but it is mostly for the kids. The winter league starts at the end of January and we shoot through Easter. Competitions are encouraged, but not mandatory so that those that choose to shoot just for recreation can. We have Children as young as 5-6 and as old as 18-19 that shoot with or league as well as the adults that choose to. Our league is struggling membership-wise and I am afraid that without new members soon we will not be able to continue with the league due to range cost. insurance and other overhead expenses. Additionally we are looking for other youth leagues in the area to hold FUN shoots with so we might meet others that share the same interest.

If anyone is interested Please PM me for further info and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Be careful with that idea! You will end up owning one! Every BW I have ever shot has ben a sweet shooter.

I had an MA2 built in '87, and two SA' 2s built (2001, 2004). I like 'em. Just trying tp put off the expense a little longer (need other toys).

The MA2 was a little blocky, the SA 2's were much more pleasing in line.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    My brother in law gave me a Proline Point Blank compound and a quiver that is supposed to attach to the bow, but the one piece that connects the quiver to the mount on the bow is missing. How do I go about replacing that? Will pics help?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It might be similar to a Quikee quiver.

There are variants made by Martin, PSE and Bear. Some don't bayonet in, rather have 2 pegs where you slide one in and then twist to lock.

One of those may fit (basic quiver design is like this)...........

3226.jpg

5029.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!qYFCS)Q(p2SBQ)U9tU!Qg~~60_57.JPG

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Found the new bow I want yesterday,a Matthews ZXT,fast,smooth,and comfortable,held the Creed,and the Chill but wasn't too crazy as to how they felt,but that ZXT was actually more comfortable than my Browning F-5 Tornado which suprised me since I shoot it all the time

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I rather liked the Chill. But not the price.
    For the $ I'm thinking Mission Ballistic.

I've never shot a Mission bow myself but I've heard a lot of good about them,was actually looking at a womans bow they put out,(can't remember the model offhand),for my wife,she's been wanting to get into archery for awhile,says she wants one in pink camo lol,this one looked like a nice one,if I remember correctly its draw adjusts from 17 in,to 27 in,and the draw weight from 19-50 lbs,it was a split limb,single cam design

Lycurgus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    ^ Nice looking set up! I am looking forward to the 3D season too. Think I may try a little bowfishing too. That looks like a blast!

Keep it simple and light,A recurve or longbow is the way to go if you ask me.
    I shoot a 60" 60lb recure with a shoot through hand wrap reel most of the time.

fiberglass arrows w/ muzzy heads and 200-400 lb line.
    AMS safety slides are a must have

Have fun!

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Im currently using a 2012 bowtech assassin with an apex sight and octane rest but thinking about switching to a drop away this year. I will be switching from 100 gr rage 2 blades to 100 gr rage exteme 2 blade broadheads. As for arrows I bought some carbon express speed freaks from wal mart to practice with and they shoot better than my blue streaks. Im trying to find more of the speed freaks but I cant find them anywhere except wal mart and since the season is over they dont carry them and I checked wal mart website and it says out of stock. Anybody know where i can get them?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    I have tried to find long bows or recurve models from Gander Mountain. I find them occasionally. (I'm not looking for the youth bows, although the store has plenty of those as well.) The local Gander Mountain does not believe in stocking left-handed bows.

Anyone know an archery supply store in the Vigo County area that can help with this problem?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I don't know of any shop around there, they may exist. Cloverdale holds a big Trad shoot with vendors of new and used bows early in June. You can even try demos.

My guess is that a chain store like BP and GM will have at best only a couple of samples, factory rigs by Bear, PSE, Martin and Samick.

Top Bottom