• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    What about the major drug cartels that buy M16's?

I'm not arguing that.

I said, I think an AK (especially in all wood) is a great gun. I bought one in 1993 when they were a dime a dozen and dirt cheap at gun shows. Sold it a couple years later for a stupid high price when Clinton drove prices through the roof with his "Assault Weapons" legislation.

Just after 9/11 all I picture is scum bag terrorists with them in their hands every time I see one. I'm not knocking any INGO guys who own an AK. To each their own. Just was expressing what I see anymore in these guns.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm not arguing that.

I said, I think an AK (especially in all wood) is a great gun. I bought one in 1993 when they were a dime a dozen and dirt cheap at gun shows. Sold it a couple years later for a stupid high price when Clinton drove prices through the roof with his "Assault Weapons" legislation.

Just after 9/11 all I picture is scum bag terrorists with them in their hands every time I see one. I'm not knocking any INGO guys who own an AK. To each their own. Just was expressing what I see anymore in these guns.

I'm not trying to start an argument. I just see it as, in the wrong hands guns are never a good thing.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    AKs are popular because they are outstanding rifles that have been used successfully across the globe in SHTF situations. It is combat-proven and relatively cheap when compared to other rifles chambered for intermediate cartridges. Additionally, the 7.62x39 is deadly at the most engagement ranges.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have both AKs and ARs and my favorite depends on the type of shooting I'm doing. The AR is a fantastic shooter and it is my favorite when I'm looking to shoot tight groups. My AKs are in their element when out in the woods plinking at cans or shooting steel at 50 yards or so. I shoot both a lot and like to shoot both a lot. They have a very different feel but I can't say one is better than the other.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Had an SKS for years. Good gun, but never used it much. I always wanted an AR. Finally got one and had nothing but trouble with it.

While trying to figure out the problem I bought an AK. Loved it because it fired every single time it was supposed to.

Since then I have remedied the problem with the AR and I like it a lot. Have plenty of ammo and extras for it, but can't keep from going back to the AK.

As far as SHTF scenarios... if it was a localized problem the AR would have better ammo to begin with. If it was a large scale problem I feel that the AK would be slung over my shoulder first.

I always wanted an AR because of the military versions. Wanted an AK because of the durability.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I <3 AK47

AK Motivation
    MOTIVATION.jpg

Pile O' Happiness
    AK47.jpg

Pile O' Happiness
    AK473.jpg

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    I love the AK

I am with you Mr.Jag! The AK gets a +1000
    Here are mine without my Polytech spiker!
    dscn5780.jpg

Did someone say AK? ;)

Battle Tested - Affordable - Reliable - Beautiful

Don't have one? Get one!

Don't want one? Stop lying to yourself!

Have one? Then you know what I'm talking about.

hanging.png

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Think someone on here has a MAK-90. That is what mine is. Non-threaded barrel and thumbhole stock but that can all be changed.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Did someone say AK? ;)

Battle Tested - Affordable - Reliable - Beautiful

Don't have one? Get one!

Don't want one? Stop lying to yourself!

Have one? Then you know what I'm talking about.

hanging.png

who knew a mini 14 is part of the ak family lol jk nice collection im missing the saiga :(

Top Bottom