• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Going to SBR my SLR-106u pistol and wondering if this is something that I could get advice on at a future event? Mainly just on how to turn the sling bracket into something that will accept a stock. Thanks!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Dont know anything! Just replying to show more interest! I have two kits in the wings, and am looking for pointers on heat treating some bent flats!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    buy a kit now, buy a receiver now, and buy a barrel now. be ready ;)
    Clay is right with Obama's war on firearms its hard to see what the future is gonna do ... look how much has changed sense the start of the year.. even parts kit and build parties are starting to get some negative feedback by the media

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    This sounds way to interesting!! Im going to have to do some research to see what "brands" to get and what not to. Im getting low on projects and this looks to be a good one. Not for my wallet though.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Where does one learn the parts necessary for this? I may not build one, but would be uber interested in researching it while bored at work :)

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    This sounds way to interesting!! Im going to have to do some research to see what "brands" to get and what not to. Im getting low on projects and this looks to be a good one. Not for my wallet though.
    by brand i think you mean what country? pretty much cant really go wrong with any akm kit unless someone just hacked one apart which is kinda hard to do... if anything id spend my researching proper barrels and id recommend getting one where the gas port is "NOT" drilled makes it much easier to build if its not drilled to start with

Where does one learn the parts necessary for this? I may not build one, but would be uber interested in researching it while bored at work :)
    there is tons of information out there on building ak's what i would look at this includes both of you is build methods not everyone wants to fork out the money for the build tools....

some things to look at.............. demilling the kit
    rivet vs screw builds is one, rivet crushing if you go that route u have 3 options ( bolt cutter rivet crusher, ak builder style shop press method, and finely aircraft rivet dies using a air hammer & bucking bar) then there is a few methods of installing and removing barrel, headspacing ect....

and finely how u can refinish the kit there is years worth of reading when its comes to this stuff its not hard just need to do your home work

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    How hard is it to remove a krink pistol barrel? I have an Arsenal SLR-106u and would like a compensator. Currently it has the pressed/welded fake brake. I've contacted AllenM and he will help me with the threading if I can remove the barrel from the receiver. Thanks!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    How hard is it to remove a krink pistol barrel? I have an Arsenal SLR-106u and would like a compensator. Currently it has the pressed/welded fake brake. I've contacted AllenM and he will help me with the threading if I can remove the barrel from the receiver. Thanks!

You'll need a 12 or 20 ton press, a bolt and a penny (or the AKBuilder kit). You will need to remove the barrel pin first then press the barrel out. That's the hardest part. Look on YouTube for examples.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yes, but there is no reason to press out the barrel on a PAP. The threads are intact on them. All you need to do is remove the cover over the threads and your in business.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    There isn't a way to dremel those off? I'd hate to remove a barrel that arsenal (high quality) did and take a risk of putting it back crooked myself.

I may see what your asking now.

If your talking about removing the brake, its pinned on IIRC. You can drive the pins out, head the brake, and knock it off.

I dont think it can be threaded after that. the 24mm threads have already been turned off. After you get the brake off you ideally should install a new front sight base that has threads.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom