• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    c'mon lets get this going I have at least 3 kits to build I can't be the only one. We learned a lot at the last party lets don't let this learning dissipate

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Hoping for a build party also...

my post in the other AK build party thread.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/311632-ak-build-parties-5.html#post4499106

Need a little advice, first time attempting a AK build, total newby.

I have a Bulgarian kit (AK-74) (without barrel) that I purchased from AK-Builder.com
    I want to do a basic build, fixed stock.
    It would be awesome if there was another build party, or someone who would be willing to "mentor" me in this adventure.

I have a receiver flat, but I think I'm just going go ahead and order a receiver from NoDak Spud.
    They offer a Premium receiver "EZ" that is modified for easier assembly.
    This version includes:
    -Top Rail Step down
    -Pre-drilled front trunion and rear block rivet holes
    -Left side pre-drilled for AK-74 pattern scope rail mounting

So, is this "EZ" a better option over their standard receiver? Should I be concerned with the possibility of the pre-drilled holes for the front trunion and rear block not lining up?
    (I would also be willing to let go of my flat, if that helps anyone out.)

Secondly, Any feed back on a barrel? I've found two places that have them in stock, both chrome-lined.

Atlantic Firearms or Classic Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    No one getting a date set? Seems like interest is waning on this party. Anybody willing to assist with head spacing and riveting on a one on one basis? Just need to get the trunnions in permanently and the barrels head spaced? Can cover the rest. Any possibility someone might have some Toth tools for rent or loan here in central or southern Indiana? Open to ideas short of buying a press and tools. Thanks

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I'd love to participate. I have a very busy upcoming schedule with IMDP hiring process, college, and work, but I would absolutely love to participate in an upcoming party!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    No one getting a date set? Seems like interest is waning on this party. Anybody willing to assist with head spacing and riveting on a one on one basis? Just need to get the trunnions in permanently and the barrels head spaced? Can cover the rest. Any possibility someone might have some Toth tools for rent or loan here in central or southern Indiana? Open to ideas short of buying a press and tools. Thanks

the key here is someone has to have access to a place big enough we can go to. I dont have access to anything except for my garage, which is probably big enough if I move cars out, but to be honest, why do I want to invite a bunch of people I dont know over to my house? ;) MCFG was pretty ideal the last time, and Im not opposed to going there again, but I have no connections to set that up.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    We have several people here from MCFG. I setup the last event by contacting VUPDBlue. I just picked a day 3 months in advance (Sunday worked best) that had no other events planned.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I finally shot my polish underfolder AK that I built mostly at the party. It shot great! It was hitting the target at 50 yards consistently and cyled everytime. I probably put 200 rounds through it without a single problem. It did get hot and was smoking but that could of been cosmo melting off. Im really happy with it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'd invite a bunch of people I don't know to my house but lack a large enough place to do this sort of thing. I only have a press at this point, all my jigs etc have been sold or "borrowed" over the years. I just want to build my last AK and call it good. One more flat build for the ages.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Too many projects, need to unload some. I just listed my Bulgarian parts kit, flat, rivet set and center support for sale in the Classifieds > Parts and Accessories.

Top Bottom