• ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    the only problem I have with US Palm mags, ok, 2 problems:

1) If I wanted to spend $30 per mag, I want steel feed lips and reinforcment.
    2) This is the main one: If I wanted to spend $30 per mag, I would just buy new production bulgy circle 10s and be done. :)
    Don't get me wrong, I still have plenty of Circle 10s.

The lack of steel feedlip support doesn't bother me as much. PMags, et al., have been doing fine without it for awhile. I like that the steel in the US Palms is in the most important spot for AK mags, the lugs. That is where I was able to break the Tapco mags when I purposefully trashed a couple when they first came out. Also the steel in the AK30s is full circumference front the front lug to the back. The steel in the Circle Tens' stop long before meeting if K-Var's diagrams are accurate.

Reason's to buy US Palms:
    1. Angle at the front of the mag helps with clearance if you run a foregrip on your AK
    2. You like the texture pattern better (I would say it allows for more positive retention that the Circle Ten)
    3. 922R compliance parts
    4. Support a US Company that is supporting the AK and making some good stuff (their chest rig mag pouches/shingles are well designed for AK mags unlike pretty much any other mag pouch, their pistol grip is AMAZING!)
    5. You aren't one that is big on taking apart your mags (I'm not) so you can sacrifice this for more strength
    6. You don't like supporting K-Var who supported Harry Reid (does SKSman and some of the other retailers import their own or is it just K-Var?)
    7. Like the full cage of the metal for the lugs.

Reasons to buy the Circle 10s
    1. Metal reinforcement in more places
    2. Magpuls work better on them since they don't have the
    3. A little more "authentic" and milspec.
    4. Ability to disassemble mags
    5. Can count for 2 922r parts if you replace the follower and floorplate
    6. Available in more capacities
    7. Available in Plum without DIY (Plum rocks!)

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Some of my Combloc stuff.
    Vz58 clone
    vz2008-3.jpg

Romy PSL
    DSC_0014.jpg

Romy RPKlone (before the new correct bipod was added)
    RPKaes10b.jpg

Not pictured are my 2 Romy AKs, my Maadi and my milled Chinese, which are in variuos stages of improvement and not fit for pictures.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Horse I was meaning to ask you, but who built your 105? Great looking rifle!

oh, and did I mention I need one of your T1 mounts now? :)

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    AK105

Clay, I got this one built by Obiwanbonjovi, on theakforum. It was a virgin matching kit and he added the extra length HOBO brake. It is by far my favorite 74 ever!

dscn5769h.jpg

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Horse I was meaning to ask you, but who built your 105? Great looking rifle!

oh, and did I mention I need one of your T1 mounts now? :)

Originally? Wellco - could have killed me.

Rebuilt it to work and not want to kill me? InRange

Post above mine - Awesome! Kindred spirits!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Now maybe you can help me out with a decent place to actually use my rifles here in the ЯзpuЪliK. . .

I'm one of those lucky bastards that has access to private land to play on. My current target to shoot at is an old school bus. I bet I've dumped 5000 rounds into the poor thing. Closest range I know of is the Morgan County Conservation Club. We used to have a really great range on the east side of town, but it has since moved to Freedom IN (Sycamore Valley).

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    very nice! both of you guys!!

I think right now unless I can find one like I want, Im going to buy an SGL31-94, and the 105 barrel from Kvar, and build my own. These things are made of unobtainium!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I'm one of those lucky bastards that has access to private land to play on. My current target to shoot at is an old school bus. I bet I've dumped 5000 rounds into the poor thing. Closest range I know of is the Morgan County Conservation Club. We used to have a really great range on the east side of town, but it has since moved to Freedom IN (Sycamore Valley).

There is a new place called panther ridge, but I haven't been to check them out yet. Just outside of town i guess.

night hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    looking 4 a yugo m70. any thing i should know when im buying 1? r the yugo ak mag wells able 2 take the regular ak mags?

Gun Bunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Nice AK! How did you go about adding the muzzle brake and where did you find those bakelite mags!? :D

Sorry for being late to answer, just now seen this.

I got the Tula mag years ago, and yes, I paid some coin for it. Also, I have two Chinese bake-lite mags I got about the same time.

i got the muzzle threaded right after the ban was lifted in 2004, the slant break is from K-VAR.

I wanted the early 60's AKM battlefield pickup look, the only thing is it has the scope mount on the side I wish I could remove, as I don't have a way of filling the holes. :(

Baby%252520and%252520me%252520013.jpg

12512100_0266.JPG

Top Bottom