• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Yes, that is for 20 rounds. After the Holidays are over I may be willing to go in half with you, what is the price? Also, if you would like to meet up one day at Atterbury with the AK's let me know.

Yeah sounds good! I would like to go to Crosley Haven't been there yet, but Atterbury will also work! Time for an AK shoot! Oh yeah it was like 145 shipped for 1080.

Dbusby2009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Madison County
    Romainian AK I picked up.

myAK.jpg

Great conditon good shooter.
    need to get rid of the scope though.:ar15::ar15::ar15:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    oh that's the one the guy offered me today by PM on INGO for $300 that he was supposed to send me pictures of today. Guess I wont be buying it, lol. nice buy.

Ha lol yeah I snagged it off Craigslist and He was interested in my Hi-point carbine so it worked out good. I will miss my Hi-Point but probably not after I shoot this one... lol

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Bulgarian AK-74

I picked this up a couple of days before Christmas. CAI build on an Elk River receiver, zig zag brake, and horrid plastic handguards.

DSCF0340.jpg

With the weather ruining any chance to get to the range, I did what any sane person would do and started ordering parts. ;) Apex hooked me up with a wooden stock kit ($25) that looked a little beat up, but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

DSCF0380.jpg

DSCF0385.jpg

DSCF0387.jpg

DSCF0386.jpg

DSCF0381.jpg

DSCF0388.jpg

I got her to the range today and the sights are straight, it doesn't keyhole, and the Big Brown Truck just brought me 1080 rounds!
    :rockwoot::ar15:

If anyone is interested, I stripped the wood, sanded, used an iron to steam out some dings, and put on 2 coats of Minwax "Sedona Red" on everything. The lower HG is made of an entirely different wood than the stock and upper HG, so I mixed some RIT "Dark Brown" liquid dye with denatured alcohol (which doesn't raise the grain) to darken the stock and upper HG. I wish I'd have thought to take before/after pics, but I'm pleased with the result! All the wood is waxed with 3 coats of beeswax that was melted in with a blow dryer then buffed with an orbital car waxing thingy.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Well AK buddies. Friday I had my FFL buddy order me an AMD-65 built off a FEG "made in Hungary" receiver. I will post pics when I get it, but i am stoked so I had to do a teaser. that's not like me when it comes to guns. These things are bad ass.

heres on that looks like the one im getting. it has the front sight back by the gas tube where its supposed to be. some are placed wrong.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzshjJyESE&feature=channel

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Cool! I've heard second hand that those suckers are loud with that muzzle device on them. Also curious as to how many burns one gets from the exposed gas tube. None the less a kick-arse machine there.

I liked the point toward the end of the video where the shooter is slow firing and looks over at the camera and shoots. You can see his eyes move behind his glasses.

Since this is a pic thread...here's my one and only.

DSC08289.jpg

Romanian WASR10-63 underfolder. Front trunion marked with the Triangle w/ arrow, and dated 1982. Century reciever, but otherwise matching Romanian parts with a ZP prefix to the s/n. Trigger group is aftermarket Tapco, and trigger pull is actually very good, and light enough for easy bump firing...if you are into that kind of thing that is.;)

The front upper and lower handgaurds are laminated WASR wood nicely refinished by our own printcraft (edit...had the wrong name with a similar avatar) ;), and are a nice upgrade to the cheap black plastic that came with the gun. The pistol grip is a black US Palm grip. I'll be writing a review of the grip shortly.

Guns shoots very well, and the front sight and gas tube only have a tiny bit of cant to them. Nothing a little front sight post windage adjustment couldn't correct for.

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Also curious as to how many burns one gets from the exposed gas tube. None the less a kick-arse machine there.

My Draco has an Ultimak, and it will roast my fingers after a mag or two if I'm not careful. The Ultimak has a lot more aluminum than the gas tube has steel so it heats up (and cools off) slower than a gas tube. Being a Draco I can't add a verticle grip, but the mass of aluminum radiates enough heat that I feel my fingertips getting warm before I actually burn them. So far....

Top Bottom