YugoUnderfolderAK-47.jpg

A pair of Yugo Unnderfolders. Bill T.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I share a brain with the printer. Let me know the size.

Any chance you could do an AK bolt face on the back and on the left breast a circle ten, Izhmash, or other arsenal mark (I'd love a Norinco mark for my MAK90)? It would a be a rip off of several other shirts, mostly WolfsburgBob over at AKFiles but he doesn't sell them any more. I'm wearing one right now, wish I would have bought a couple more.

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Another Saiga man I see.

Were you giving the AK a bath to wash off some corrosive ammo residue? :D

Bingo. I have been a bachelor for 3 years now, my choice, I can do such things in my house as bathe my guns when I shoot corrosive ammo, or even put them in the dishwasher. Ahh! Its good man!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    What kind of soap do you use to wash the AK?

I fill up the kitchen sink with "Dawn" dish washing detergent, and hot tap water. I use a .45 caliber mop to wash out the gas tube, and a regular .30 caliber cleaning rod for the barrel. Tooth brushes come in handy for everything else. I then rinse everything with clean, hot tap water. After that I blow everything dry with compressed air and liberally give everything a good soaking with WD-40, then another compressed air blow job. I then oil everything, reassemble, and I'm good to go. It doesn't take long at all and with this method you know you are removing any and all traces of corrosive salts from the gun. This method works so well and is so easy I clean all of my AK's the same no matter if I shoot corrosive or non corrosive ammunition. Bill T.

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    I fill up the kitchen sink with "Dawn" dish washing detergent, and hot tap water. I use a .45 caliber mop to wash out the gas tube, and a regular .30 caliber cleaning rod for the barrel. Tooth brushes come in handy for everything else. I then rinse everything with clean, hot tap water. After that I blow everything dry with compressed air and liberally give everything a good soaking with WD-40, then another compressed air blow job. I then oil everything, reassemble, and I'm good to go. It doesn't take long at all and with this method you know you are removing any and all traces of corrosive salts from the gun. This method works so well and is so easy I clean all of my AK's the same no matter if I shoot corrosive or non corrosive ammunition. Bill T.

Dawn works quite well. 12 Ga brush for the gas tube, and toothbrushes, not in current use for pret near everything else.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    If you need a compressed air supply, but are on a tight budget, or else live in an apartment, Harbor Freight has several small, inexpensive models that work great for gun cleaning. I have a large, high capacity unit out in the garage, but I have to move the car to use it so I bought this model from Harbor Freight. It allows me to clean my guns out on the back patio, or else in the kitchen on crummy days. Bill T.

2 HP, 4 Gallon, 115 PSI Twin Tank Air Compressor - Compressors-Oil - Air Tools

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    It is a good way to force you to clean out the tub. My tub stays pretty clean. I wash guns in the tub, and heat cure finishes on parts in the oven.
    My house my rules. No more marraige for me.

Top Bottom