• ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hi INGO'ers:

Here's a photo of my FEG Hungarian AK that I have for sale in the Classifieds:

DSCN1470_zpsd7864fe6.jpg

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Hi INGO'ers:

Here's a photo of my FEG Hungarian AK that I have for sale in the Classifieds:

Don't wanna rain on your parade, but according to the discussion link and gunbroker link you posted, you have a post-ban rifle with a pre-ban price. Just want to make sure you're tracking the pre-/post- difference.

You might do better if you separated the rifle and ammo from the Tapco gear. If you have the original furniture, that would go a long way. In either case, good luck on the sale.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Don't wanna rain on your parade, but according to the discussion link and gunbroker link you posted, you have a post-ban rifle with a pre-ban price. Just want to make sure you're tracking the pre-/post- difference.

You might do better if you separated the rifle and ammo from the Tapco gear. If you have the original furniture, that would go a long way. In either case, good luck on the sale.

Thank you for your advice. Here's a bone stocK FEG SA 85M selling for $899. Mine comes with 800 rounds of ammo, 15 mags, and a bunch of upgrades. It is also local, which would help people avoid shipping and transfer fees (approximately $50).

FEG Hungarian AK47 Thumbhole Stock SA 85M : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Last edited:

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Thank you for your advice. Here's a bone stocK FEG SA 85M selling for $899.

FEG Hungarian AK47 Thumbhole Stock SA 85M : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Don't confuse "auction ended without a single bid" with "selling". GunBroker has a search feature to look at completed auctions and see what the market is doing. Looking at post-ban SA 85M's for the past 30 days, only one sold. It was a '93 NIB, unfired, with all paperwork, accessories, box and packaging, and a factory-sealed Norinco 75-round drum. Sale price was $874 with a brisk 4 bids.

Work FMJ is running about $0.20/round, so that's $160 in ammo. I see new Tapco mags running $6.97 from several retailers, so 13x would be $91. Tapco triggers are $26 at Walmart.com. Say you have $60 in Tapco furnature. That puts your bare rifle at $1004. Compare that to what the market is bearing, above.

Again, not trying to mess with you or anything, just saying that you might be misreading your links, the market, or both.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Again, not trying to mess with you or anything

Based on your math assuming the lowest possible prices you have seen, and that the products are actually available:

$874+160+91+26+60=$1220

Don't forget to add shipping, handling, and tax (estimated at $50 for the gunbroker auction alone)

$1220 + $50 = $1270.

At some point you can say " not trying to mess with you", but it seems like you are messing with me. Thanks for the "help"... I'd kinda prefer you move on and "help" somebody else, preferrably not in a photo thread...

I have no trouble talking pricing with serious prospective buyers (preferrably via PM or in person), I just prefer not to get dragged into internet speculation when folks have no intention of buying.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom