Dec 15, 2009
    this pic isn't...
    91B26AC0-AEC2-47E4-AD0D-FCF8EE8C89BE-17167-0000144A8C0B4298.jpg

BEANC0UNTER

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    This is not pretty but we revived another AK from a kit. Helped dad build this one the hard way (no press just some homemade redneck tools)

img20130106164056.jpg

I then sold one of my all matching kits to someone for $200 because they wanted one:twocents:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I like the way they look. They are the best looking "non-combloc" mag out there, and the best non-combloc mag you can buy.

but they still aren't a a combloc mag ;)

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've grown to really like the US Palm mags (obviously :laugh:). For one, I find myself holding my rifle like Paul Howe teaches @ CSAT, and traditional mags (especially steel) will dig into my supportive forearm. The USP's are cut at a 45' on the front bottom corner, and solve that problem. I also find combination of waffle pattern sides / ribs front & back, to be very easy to grip under stress, making for a faster mag change. I'm slow enough rock'n'lock'n, that I'll take any advantage I can get. The fiberglass-ish nature of the polymer they use holds up better to abuse than phenolic resin and bakelite. I cringe at the thought of knocking one of my sexy Izmash plum or bakelite mags out of the rifle with another mag, and letting it smack the floor. With the US Palm stuff, I don't give it another thought. Nothing collectible about them, and since they don't need to be imported, I'm not worried about getting more if I break one. I think $30 is too much for one, but I caught almost all mine on sale at Primary Arms for $20 a piece. Would I take a ((10)) over one....., yeah, probably. But ((10))'s aren't nearly as cheap anymore.

With AK's, I find myself to be a fan of K.I.S.S., and like traditional com-block gear. But you can't argue that some modern, western inspired gear might increase your odds in a gun fight. My paws look like a gorillas, and the popsicle grip is way too small for me. The US Palm one fits like a glove, and helps me keep the muzzle pointed up with the large swell in back. Since Magpul hasn't stepped into the ring with the AK, I'm glad to see some quality gear coming from these guys.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I've grown to really like the US Palm mags (obviously :laugh:). For one, I find myself holding my rifle like Paul Howe teaches @ CSAT, and traditional mags (especially steel) will dig into my supportive forearm. The USP's are cut at a 45' on the front bottom corner, and solve that problem. I also find combination of waffle pattern sides / ribs front & back, to be very easy to grip under stress, making for a faster mag change. I'm slow enough rock'n'lock'n, that I'll take any advantage I can get. The fiberglass-ish nature of the polymer they use holds up better to abuse than phenolic resin and bakelite. I cringe at the thought of knocking one of my sexy Izmash plum or bakelite mags out of the rifle with another mag, and letting it smack the floor. With the US Palm stuff, I don't give it another thought. Nothing collectible about them, and since they don't need to be imported, I'm not worried about getting more if I break one. I think $30 is too much for one, but I caught almost all mine on sale at Primary Arms for $20 a piece. Would I take a ((10)) over one....., yeah, probably. But ((10))'s aren't nearly as cheap anymore.

With AK's, I find myself to be a fan of K.I.S.S., and like traditional com-block gear. But you can't argue that some modern, western inspired gear might increase your odds in a gun fight. My paws look like a gorillas, and the popsicle grip is way too small for me. The US Palm one fits like a glove, and helps me keep the muzzle pointed up with the large swell in back. Since Magpul hasn't stepped into the ring with the AK, I'm glad to see some quality gear coming from these guys.

Plus 1.5

Top Bottom