• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    is the grip screw loose in this picture or is there a big washer keeping it from going into the grip all the way??
    No, not loose. I guess I'd never noticed that, but that's just the way it was when I got it. Since it was my first (and only) AK, I didn't know it should be any different! :): May have to look a little more closely at it.

*Edit* It does appear that there's a washer there, so I'm going to have to look and see why... :scratch:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ^ That looks great!
    Thanks! The furniture is kind of a mish-mash of wood. The upper hand guard is some kind of really dark wood, almost looking like walnut, the lower hand guard is laminated, and the stock is just your average "generic" AK stuff. The finish (Minwax Red Oak stain + spar urethane semi-gloss) evened things up.

Last edited:

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Here is my crew.. Milled Bulgy, Mak-90's, and Saiga 12. The second pic has a special guest, My Colt 6720 with Aimpoint PRO.

8-2-12007.jpg
    [/IMG]
    8-2-12008.jpg
    [/IMG]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks guy :)
    I agree. Very nice! I really like the looks of those thumb hole stocks on the 90's.

On a side note, I notice that the bolt carriers on some rifles are what appears to be stainless (?) as opposed to black. Is that done by the owner or are they made that way? I like the look. (Please don't tell me 922r comes into play with that too! :rolleyes:)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Just depends on country of origin. Chinese AKs have stainless bolt carriers; some countries are painted black, and others are blued.

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Just depends on country of origin. Chinese AKs have stainless bolt carriers; some countries are painted black, and others are blued.

IIRC they are not stainless, just left in the white. China at this time in history did not have "stainless" steels.

mh006t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Here is my WASR AK. I redid the stock and forward grips with a RYE dye concoction.
    jh5wet.jpg

307rtqh.jpg

Last edited:

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    Here is my WASR AK. I redid the stock and forward grips with a RYE dye concoction.

That's super! I was going to use rye dye when I did my AKM. Figured it would be less costly, but I decided to do a more traditional wood staining procedure. Picked up some thick sand paper, pre-stain, a beautiful Cherry-Win stain, and the clear coat sealer. Cost about $27 in total. But made the AKM look amazing!

@NolaMan61...that looks exactly like the collection I eventually want to have

Thanks, man. :)

I've got an affinity for wood (that's what she said), so I stick close to pretty traditional stuff. Although, when the tax return comes in, I honestly can't decide if I want to get an Aks-74U (Krinkov), or Adcor B.E.A.R.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    AK-74 Polish Tantal

For sale in the classifieds right now! Love this thing, but have went to the dark side :ar15:

picture.php

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    its a tantal mutt!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Polish rifle, with Bulgarian grip and stock, and Chinese sling!

but it does look good!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Picked up a WASR from Dunham's tonight. My first AK, not the first I've shot. I'll get it cleaned up a bit and take a pic or 2. Only plans for it are slant break, a sling, a pile of mags, and some Balkan furniture from Apex. Will most likely be cleaning up the wood that came on it and doing a not so conventional dye job.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Picked up a WASR from Dunham's tonight. My first AK, not the first I've shot. I'll get it cleaned up a bit and take a pic or 2. Only plans for it are slant break, a sling, a pile of mags, and some Balkan furniture from Apex. Will most likely be cleaning up the wood that came on it and doing a not so conventional dye job.

Congrats and can't wait to see the end result!! :rockwoot:

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN

Congrats. And welcome to the AK club. :rockwoot:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Post # 1001 !!!

Gotta put up a cool pic for the 1001st post in this thread!

I'm ready for the z0mbies :rockwoot:

readyforthezombies1.jpg

And also... :D

yugoakwithrubberriflegr.jpg

Now I just need to find some zombie bait, to make the most of the grenade ;)

Top Bottom