YJAK4.jpg

Arsenal SGL21-61
    -Magpul MOE stock
    -VLTOR adapter tube
    -Hogue grip
    -MWI handguard
    -Magpul AFG
    -Trijicon night sight post

I know it's not going to win any popularity contests amongst the purists but I sure have a great time with it. To be fair it spends just as much time clothed in its beat-up Bulgarian wood set (Apex has them cheap, I found), but it's far more comfortable a shooter for me in this setup.

:smileak:

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Arsenal SGL21-61
    -Magpul MOE stock
    -VLTOR adapter tube
    -Hogue grip
    -MWI handguard
    -Magpul AFG
    -Trijicon night sight post

I know it's not going to win any popularity contests amongst the purists but I sure have a great time with it. To be fair it spends just as much time clothed in its beat-up Bulgarian wood set (Apex has them cheap, I found), but it's far more comfortable a shooter for me in this setup.

:smileak:
    Looking good! I like any well done AK, pure or tacticool.

Is that a XS Big Dot in the front? How's that work with the standard rear? I ditched mine using the express rear, just not fine enough over 75 yards for me.

How's the paracord loop as the sling attach point working? I've been looking at sling plates and such. Any reason you don't use the QD holes on the Vltor?

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Thanks guys.

The front post was like installed previous to me purchasing it from another INGO member, as was the VLTOR tube. I really like the front post, but to be honest I rarely shoot over 100 yards, mostly due to the property I shoot on not being overly large, but for drills and things it works great for faster target acquisition for me. I was able to keep a 5" group or so with 20 rounds with it at 100 yards with a fairly slow cadence, and that's really all I could ask of it (or myself). The dream is to in the near future add either a SPARC or Strikefire.

Haha, the paracord loop works ok for now, but it's only temporary until I can pick up the qd attachment somewhere, though in a pinch I could see it working just fine. I know I see a lot of the Draco guys do the same thing. On that subject, I got the single point sling from my wife for our anniversary and I really didn't think I'd like it on an AK. Turns out I love it. Very comfortable and works just as well on an AK as on an AR, flips the rifle right in to position and makes ambidextrous shooting drills much faster and more comfortable.

Thanks again for the positive comments. :ingo:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Ooooh nice, which flashlight mount do you use?

Thanks, it's the thorntail offset adaptive light mount

Impact Weapons Components

I originally planned to install it on the ultimak. It turns out the short gas tube version would need about an 1/8" removed or that amount removed on the thorntail to fit with both screws being used. I could mount it forward enough to clear but only one mounting screw would be useable. I decided to go with a barrel mount rail which turns out to work better for me. I can hit the button with my thumb a bit more naturally. The light is a solarforce. The pressure switch alread went bad but I was handling it pretty rough when trying different locations. Another one is on the way. I routed the wire along the AK sling hoop, used two zip ties to secure it there and then between the magpul AFG and the rail. The AFG has a slot that works perfect. With the pressure switch mounted so close the wire doesnt have any give to flop out even though it is exposed at the end there.

Now I just need to zero it in :)

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Notice anything strange about these? They're not mine, just pics I found on the web, but very noteworthy.
    Sidebyside.jpg
    COOL, "where's waldo" with gun parts!
    The difference in caliber isn't it...
    1) they both have "left hand" cocking knobs (why?)
    2) their folding stocks are for lefties too.
    3) is that an extension with a peep sight sticking out over the bolts dust cover on the top rifle?
    4) what are those tabs on the recievers (in front of the mags), open-bolt-releases? since when do AKs lock back the bolt on an empty mag?

Top Bottom