• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Finally started working on my Draco conversion to an AimR clone a couple of weeks ago. Ive had the extended brake on it for a while, so I had the correct stock installed by Turbothis last week. Got it back yesterday and threw some paint on it really quick to cover up the bare metal. I'll SBR it after Im sure that I like it.

What do you think of Turbothis's work? I'm hoping eventually he gets freed up enough to make the WASR22/AKT98 Bolts (although knock on wood my AKT98 is still running fine and I was lucky enough to get a replacement extractor just in case at Numrich).

What do you think about the extended four piece? I like the way it looks. I thought about replacing it on my Draco carbine a few pages back but decided it was too heavy.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    What do you think of Turbothis's work? I'm hoping eventually he gets freed up enough to make the WASR22/AKT98 Bolts (although knock on wood my AKT98 is still running fine and I was lucky enough to get a replacement extractor just in case at Numrich).

What do you think about the extended four piece? I like the way it looks. I thought about replacing it on my Draco carbine a few pages back but decided it was too heavy.

I think Matt does good work. He had formed round rivets on the crushed side (the side that the folder folds to) and I didn't like the look for some reason, so I crushed them flat like a russian side folder rivet. I think it looks better that way. The main thing he could do that I couldn't was cutting the receiver for the stock. He had already done a few of these conversions and had the dimensions already figured out. For me that was worth paying for, and that party is awesome. I shipped it on Friday, he received it on thursday, finished it thursday night or friday, and shipped it back to me that friday. I got it back the next thursday. It was only out of my hands for 2 weeks basically. Price was reasonable and work was good. I'm happy!

I like the 4 piece. It actually looks pretty decent, and works very well. The only thing I dont like is I had to use a 14mm x 24mm adapter to get it to work, but thats no big deal since it blind pinned.

redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    New wood on my Saiga.
    picture.php

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    Wouldn't you like to know ;)

I hope to get a Krink kit soon, I would like to add a Draco as well. If I do get a Draco, I'd like to sbr it with a wire sidefolder, I've got a rear trunnion from a g kit I built that is collecting dust.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    For the money, I really like the 1975. Roughly the same price as a WASR, without many of its downfalls.

2 things I noticed that I've done in the past and didn't work out too well:
    1- might be careful with your sling mounted on the barrel. They tend to get really hot, and might not last long.
    2- can't really tell from your photo but if you decide to mount optics, don't mount them to the receiver cover. It won't hold zero. If that is an eccentric style mount, disregard.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Switched out the saiga mount on my NPZ PO4x24 to a standard AK mount, moving the scope forward about 2 inches, and allowing you to easily use the iron sights through their full adjustment range.

Also got a handful of ribbed steel 20 round mags. That makes 11 magazines total for this thing.

Saiga 308 after all my handy work:
    j3qbc.jpg

The AK on steroids.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Switched out the saiga mount on my NPZ PO4x24 to a standard AK mount, moving the scope forward about 2 inches, and allowing you to easily use the iron sights through their full adjustment range.

Also got a handful of ribbed steel 20 round mags. That makes 11 magazines total for this thing.

Saiga 308 after all my handy work:
    j3qbc.jpg

The AK on steroids.

I like it. Needs a US Palm grip (bigger and fits American sized hands), and mabe a muzzle device of some sort, and it would be darn near perfect. :yesway:

Top Bottom